Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hmm, string cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Antigravitas posted:

I can confirm that this infuriates me. That's worth taking out the CAT5-o-nine-tails and hunting down whoever did this.

LMAO this reminds me of the time a couple electricians took us aside for an intervention talk about the Ethernet wiring in our testbed

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Karate Bastard posted:

...but then you would have to yank it out of these production servers...

Will you do it? Or will you live in pain?????

I will put their contact details on the downtime announcement. gently caress around and find out, bucko.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

If there are too many bends in the CAT5 it can cause poor performance as the 1s can get jammed up in the kinks. The 0s are okay as they’re smooth and round.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Nobody Interesting posted:

I too wish to know what the steamed pork butt is

this came up in the street food thread a while ago

Crazy Achmed posted:

That's daoshihe, from Tibet. Mutton meat - probably organ as well as muscle - sealed inside the sheep's stomach with some herbs, spices and ultra-hot rocks to form a pressure cooker of sorts, which apparently helps if you are trying to cook at very high altitudes. 100% would try, but the guy moderating the steam venting in this video gives off some extremely demon core vibes in terms of getting third degree steam burns, or a catastrophic mutton explosion

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Stoatbringer posted:

If there are too many bends in the CAT5 it can cause poor performance as the 1s can get jammed up in the kinks. The 0s are okay as they’re smooth and round.

Easily fixed, just send only 0's through the tubes. Including 1's as well always just over complicates things anyway.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Call me a fun-hater, but I can't stand the dumb pageantry around showing off for the camera while preparing food. I am similarly unimpressed by teppanyaki tricks. Just make my food like a normal fuckin' person, god drat.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wall Balls posted:

this came up in the street food thread a while ago

So it’s self-cooking haggis

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Dick Burglar posted:

Call me a fun-hater, but I can't stand the dumb pageantry around showing off for the camera while preparing food. I am similarly unimpressed by teppanyaki tricks. Just make my food like a normal fuckin' person, god drat.

Nothing quite like getting a greasy burger served to you by a dead eyed teenager who's just beginning to realise what the world of work looks like. There's a hint of dread in their voice as they squeak, "Have a nice day."

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Dick Burglar posted:

I just wish they had an exhibition service line vs regular service line

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Azza Bamboo posted:

Nothing quite like getting a greasy burger served to you by a dead eyed teenager who's just beginning to realise what the world of work looks like. There's a hint of dread in their voice as they squeak, "Have a nice day."

Sometimes I throw the burger away afterwards, I already got what I needed.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

History Comes Inside! posted:

So it’s self-cooking haggis

stop laughing at my genitalia!

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Azza Bamboo posted:

As opposed to said dead-eyed teenager being forced to flip the burger over their head and do tippy-tappy tricks and break an egg on the side of their spatula by tossing it from behind their back, all while keeping a fake smile plastered on their face. Making a retail drone dance for me like a marionette makes the meal so much better! :thumbsup:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dick Burglar posted:

You are a fun-hater.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dick Burglar posted:

As opposed to said dead-eyed teenager being forced to flip the burger over their head and do tippy-tappy tricks and break an egg on the side of their spatula by tossing it from behind their back, all while keeping a fake smile plastered on their face. Making a retail drone dance for me like a marionette makes the meal so much better! :thumbsup:

Usually they don’t have teenagers do that because they aren’t as good at it as someone who has done it for years

Also the cheeseburger teen typically isn’t being paid primarily in tips which are influenced by the show and the skill being demonstrated

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Yea, the tricks and flair you do as a bartender were fun, one of the best parts of the job for me

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Dick Burglar posted:

lol you absolute misanthrope

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Enough for a huge punch bowl.
Or a small tractor.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

"We will check ID if you appear under 25"

LMAO this place definitely sells to minors

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Bender: Give me your biggest, strongest, cheapest drink.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Dick Burglar posted:

imo more jobs should involve dancing

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

This is more expensive than Costco vodka, and very likely not nearly as good.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Master Twig posted:

This is more expensive than Costco vodka, and very likely not nearly as good.

Only by about a dollar. And better?

Costco offers refunds for tainted vodka with ‘bathroom urinal puke vibe’

Jokes on everyone: vodka is a gross drink for peasants

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Lol, that's Alberta. I've never seen such cheap booze. Must be at the superstore liquor store.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Scratch Monkey posted:

Only by about a dollar. And better?

Costco offers refunds for tainted vodka with ‘bathroom urinal puke vibe’

Jokes on everyone: vodka is a gross drink for peasants

If it was transported in the same containers as their rum, that explains it. Costco spiced rum is terrible.
The regular costco vodka is fine, they have a grey goose and a tito's knockoff.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

dr_rat posted:

Easily fixed, just send only 0's through the tubes. Including 1's as well always just over complicates things anyway.

Fibre fixes this further by sending the 1s end on.

ryden
Oct 9, 2011

ACAB

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lmao this is gonna piss soooo many people off

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

The grasped hand lump is truly grotesque

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Killingyouguy! posted:

The grasped hand lump is truly grotesque

AI Art Thread: The grasped hand lump is truly grotesque

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Yikesaroo. :chloe:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

until you realize what's going on

https://i.imgur.com/imQGzFQ.mp4

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

dr_rat posted:

Just put the 1's inside the 0's.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Tarquinn posted:

Yikesaroo. :chloe:
I know, right? Those giant hands!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

axolotl farmer posted:

until you realize what's going on

https://i.imgur.com/imQGzFQ.mp4

No it's still cursed after

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

deep dish peat moss posted:

Social media cat vids are almost all cursed. "I'm harassing my cat, look how cute it is when it's uncomfortable. Isn't it adorable that it loves me enough to put up with this poo poo?"

Wild cats that are kept by rich assholes as exotic toys for SM clout are even worse. Recently I've come across some videos of Caracals (kind of the cat version of Jackals), stunningly beautiful animals but man is it depressing how clearly unhealthy and constantly stressed they are in these situations.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Grab Im Moor posted:

Wild cats that are kept by rich assholes as exotic toys for SM clout are even worse. Recently I've come across some videos of Caracals (kind of the cat version of Jackals), stunningly beautiful animals but man is it depressing how clearly unhealthy and constantly stressed they are in these situations.

Yeah, there's a caracal channel that's super-popular right now but the thing loving hates them and hisses and growls every time the guy with the camera comes near. Sad really.

[edit]Almost every video is this poo poo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKI6ny-eNmI

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

Tarkus posted:

Yeah, there's a caracal channel that's super-popular right now but the thing loving hates them and hisses and growls every time the guy with the camera comes near. Sad really.

[edit]Almost every video is this poo poo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKI6ny-eNmI

Yeah I think that's the channel I saw. You can't even report them for animal abuse. It loving sucks.
e: I've also learned that people are trying to breed Caracals with house cats to produce a more house-friendly hybrid which often results in the mother housecat dying from the mating bite (since Caracals are about three times the size/weight) or miscarrying/dying during birth.

Grab Im Moor fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Oct 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
From the youtube thumbnails thread.

This is what youtube for kids looks like.