Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

syntaxfunction posted:

Seraph is so loving dumb lmao

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

that giant gpt copypasta has definitely, um. paraphrased a couple articles.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gutcruncher posted:

Because the stupider the argument you make, the stupider the person you hook with it thus the more you can scam out of them. Same principle as making your scam email include typos and stuff to make sure the suckers you hook are stupid

But that isn’t very funny

I miss the good old days of bitcoin when wide-eyed true believers were still delivering the gospel of bitcoin and we were dunking on them endlessly

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I pine for the days of the guy begging for Disney to give him the Talespin IP for free and trying to open a bitcoin movie theater that features every movie ever made and hundreds of sodas.

And that guy who swallowed a thumb drive because he saw a black man and panicked.

And Bruce. Bruce was magical.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
lol when those people brought a hard copy dune book and thought they owned the dune IP for some reasons.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Also loving nasty rear end dried strawberries made by placing them above a bitcoin miner. Desperately trying to act like mining has some kind of purpose by being the least efficient fruit dryer possible

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

I pine for the days of the guy begging for Disney to give him the Talespin IP for free and trying to open a bitcoin movie theater that features every movie ever made and hundreds of sodas.

And that guy who swallowed a thumb drive because he saw a black man and panicked.

That coffee table will be the last thing I think about before i die.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

red19fire posted:

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

I feel like the Cryptoland video may have been the last gasp of such hilarity.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

more falafel please posted:

that giant gpt copypasta has definitely, um. paraphrased a couple articles.
Even ChatGPT would do better, that's totally a freshman's asspull paper for an intro 101 class started three hours before it was due and having not even read his "sources" beyond the titles/headlines and skimming the rest. It's definitely reflective of the intellectual bankruptcy of buttcoin if that's the example Seraph uses as philosophical buttressing of his own pathetic greed.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Who was that guest segment on Bruce's show (his friend I think), Dr. Frugal or something?

Also that Mark guy apologizing in bad Japanese while bowing for committing fraud.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

quote:

I agree, bitcoin is like a financial singularity (black hole) threatening to consume all of the world's wealth (natural resources) forever and irretrievably

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Victory Lap Dance posted:

Imagine using more than like 5% of my brainpower to troll wrong idiots on a dead gay forum.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

But wait! Another, even stronger fighter is only using 5% of his power...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCkPunuEnFQ

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

red19fire posted:

I can't believe I need to tell someone this but don't Mr Hands a coffee table.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

dr_rat posted:

lol when those people brought a hard copy dune book and thought they owned the dune IP for some reasons.

lol what's this now?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

lol what's this now?

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/books/a38815538/dune-crypto-nft-sale-mistake-explained/

Enjoy

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I like when we convinced Bruce to have Atlas on his show and after the segment of insane rambling about private bitcoin armies he looked right at the camera and said “you got me.”

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

red19fire posted:

The coffee table? I need context.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

PurpleXVI posted:

Can you cover a dog-dick coffee table with, like, a really classy Dragon Ball Z towel…or at least a non-jizz smelling towel in Brazil? Asking for a friend (:lol:, coiners have no friends because they won’t loving shuddup about coinz!).

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I coulda sworn someone came into this thread earlier, bragging about how rich they are now because their digical currency went to the moon

But then he somehow got banned and i guess didn’t make enough magical internet funbux to be able to afford another account. Sad!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
I mean, I can post that I’m an internet funbux billionaire if you want. It’s just as real as anybody else’s claim to being an internet funbux billionaire except I didn’t have to mortgage my lovely loft to claim it outright…

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DerekSmartymans posted:

I mean, I can post that I’m an internet funbux billionaire if you want. It’s just as real as anybody else’s claim to being an internet funbux billionaire except I didn’t have to mortgage my lovely loft to claim it outright…

I am just being really subtle about trying to goad seraph to waste another ten bucks

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

My brother-in-law was at one point mining bitcoins in the PNW and actually turning a profit. I didn't pry too hard about it, he's an intelligent person and I believe him. His case was also strengthened by him not constantly sounding off about how awesome Bitcoin is, although he's quite proud of the cooling setup he built, using his industrial control engineering expertise.

It's almost like the more effort people put into convincing me they're Really Smart About Things, the less likely I am to believe them! Isn't that weird?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I just learned that Monopoly sets come with 20k in cash. If I keep buying monopoly boards for 20 dollars each then…….

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

rotinaj posted:

I am just being really subtle about trying to goad seraph to waste another ten bucks

:thejoke:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Gutcruncher posted:

I like when we convinced Bruce to have Atlas on his show and after the segment of insane rambling about private bitcoin armies he looked right at the camera and said “you got me.”

the sovereign web

https://youtu.be/ThNpfl4wQww

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

If I made a billion dollars on anything none of you would hear about it or hear from me ever again.

A billion dollars. You could do anything you wanted for the rest of your life. Smoke all day in Amsterdam. Live by the prettiest beaches. Buy and sell senators. Drink the finest wines while the prettiest women or men spongebath your gross goon body.

But since that won't happen you're stuck with me until I get banned.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You can't even buy a Twitter for a billion dollars. Well at least not yet.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
drat it, I miss all the cool stuff.

drk
Jan 16, 2005

PurpleXVI posted:

bitcointalk forums poster rassah was a furry who had a rather... interesting choice of coffee table art

i vaguely recall there was an image of this at the time, but it is now seemingly lost to time

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Shumagorath posted:

the army of agent Smiths except instead of a titanic fight scene they, one at a time, hand Neo ten bucks and loudly insist they're not a pedophile before being squashed by the Monty Python foot

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

“So the chat room is going crazy about javascript mining. What’s up with that?”

I remember laughing so hard at this part I couldn’t breathe

Edit: oh my god I forgot about the TF2 Key backing scheme

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 23, 2023

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

drk posted:

bitcointalk forums poster rassah was a furry who had a rather... interesting choice of coffee table art

i vaguely recall there was an image of this at the time, but it is now seemingly lost to time

:nms: https://i.imgur.com/Umc1YYK.jpg :nms:

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Yes, lost to time. Never to be found again. Its too bad.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

cruft posted:

My brother-in-law was at one point mining bitcoins in the PNW and actually turning a profit. I didn't pry too hard about it, he's an intelligent person and I believe him. His case was also strengthened by him not constantly sounding off about how awesome Bitcoin is, although he's quite proud of the cooling setup he built, using his industrial control engineering expertise.

It's almost like the more effort people put into convincing me they're Really Smart About Things, the less likely I am to believe them! Isn't that weird?

Selling coins you mined to the people who already were or eventually turned into HODLers, as long as you could cash out immediately, was something you could do to make real money at one point. Maybe some people still do. It’s not a lot of them though.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

This honestly looks super photoshopped. It’s very believable to me that someone would have poor enough taste to get a table like this but this particular image just doesn’t look real.

cruft posted:

Well from now on whenever the record for “hottest summer ever recorded” is broken (which is to say almost every summer for the rest of our lifetimes) go ahead and give your very intelligent brother a heartfelt “great work!” on my behalf.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Ariong posted:

This honestly looks super photoshopped. It’s very believable to me that someone would have poor enough taste to get a table like this but this particular image just doesn’t look real.

Well from now on whenever the record for “hottest summer ever recorded” is broken (which is to say almost every summer for the rest of our lifetimes) go ahead and give your very intelligent brother a heartfelt “great work!” on my behalf.

Wait wait you don't understand... he made money.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Ariong posted:

Don't worry. My in-laws are well aware of my stance on using proof of atmospheric carbon increase as a form of currency.

e: but I'll be sure to mention at Thanksgiving that Ariong also has some opinions about get-rich schemes based on making climate change worse ;)

cruft fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 24, 2023

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Just another normal day in the clearly-not-manipulated world, where Bitcoin jumps $3000 ($33k -$36k) 5 minutes before the day rolls over, and back to 33k. Totally normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

Who was the budding guitarist who refused to ever take lessons and expected to be as skilled as Hendrix in like, 6 months?

Gutcruncher posted:

Atlas was disturbing. His insistence that his use of covert mining software (that he didn't write or pay for) to steal CPU time was morally acceptable because any theft under 25 cents isn't significant enough to warrant concern was worrying.

He just didn't get that it was the fact he was willing to steal from partners that was the issue, not the value of what he stole. I hope he grew up and learned better.

His attempt at code auditing was loving hilarious, though.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 24, 2023