Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I can just head to 1607 and continue pummeling the light out of existence. I think the rest of north side crew should start focusing the southern targets, I can clean up this light now and you guys can go help the sentinel out quicker than I can.

TheParadigm posted:

remind me: its 3 wood hexes to block line of sight, right?

Yeah, 3 light woods or 1 light + 1 heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Wow, so many hits in that last turn!

And no movement? Is this BattleTech or Giant Turret Simulator?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Gwaihir posted:

I can just head to 1607 and continue pummeling the light out of existence. I think the rest of north side crew should start focusing the southern targets, I can clean up this light now and you guys can go help the sentinel out quicker than I can.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if i could break los with 2412. Unfortunately doing so means I get such bad shots on the falcon its an automatic miss.

Second question, in terms of incoming fire, if I want to emphasize a right side, would an incoming shot from (using my current position as an example) 2114 and 2115 be different? I don't know my hit location facing/tables that well. I know front-on is different; but I don't know if part right or hard right is substantailly diffrent.

Also re:1607. Its an elevation change so reverse doesn't work.
1510 does tho.

I wouldn't say no to some help with the talos tho. its a slugging match right now. You sure you can take the falcon alone?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Gwaihir posted:

It's a cumulative total of +3 penalty, not counting the target's occupied hex. This is true for woods and smoke independently, and they are not cumulative for Blocking LOS purposes in the unlikely circumstance it comes up.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022

Gwaihir posted:

I'll admit the Talos is in a bit of a rough spot for me. I think the best I could do would be to run to 2214 or 2316 and see if my ER laser can land a shot. I might have screwed myself a little bit putting myself in the woods. But I've scored a hit with worse odds, it still might work out for me.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Oh yeah backing in to 1708 would be better than turning and running for worse shots.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

glwgameplayer posted:

I'll admit the Talos is in a bit of a rough spot for me. I think the best I could do would be to run to 2214 or 2316 and see if my ER laser can land a shot. I might have screwed myself a little bit putting myself in the woods. But I've scored a hit with worse odds, it still might work out for me.

how do you feel about a walk to 2012? you get 5 hexes of defensive move, a forest in the way, and range 6. This means your'e at least not in optimal range of the big gun (the falcon has no shot on you either).

I think my best move is backing up to 1616 and finding the srm ammo, and any extra damage helps knock it down.

2012 also would put you in a position to run south as far as 1924 next turn. Don't knock a potential 11 hex move mod! i was mistaking 2012 for 1913, whoops, sorry

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 23, 2023

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022

TheParadigm posted:

how do you feel about a walk to 2012? you get 5 hexes of defensive move, a forest in the way, and range 6. This means your'e at least not in optimal range of the big gun (the falcon has no shot on you either).

I think my best move is backing up to 1616 and finding the srm ammo, and any extra damage helps knock it down.

2012 also would put you in a position to run south as far as 1924 next turn. Don't knock a potential 11 hex move mod! i was mistaking 2012 for 1913, whoops, sorry

Sounds good to me boss. Even if it won't get me out of the Falcon's LOS walking to 2012 puts me in a good position to run next turn, and even if the defense isn't ideal I think I'll be fine. Even if the falcon had a shot I'm not sure it can touch me with its medium laser at that range.

The Talos is significantly more worrying but there's a forest in the way and I moved, I'm in the medium-range bracket for the AC and I should be too close for the LRMS too. So I think I'll be fine.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

So I was looking at mech sheets. What do 'standard' and 'fusiom' engines mean in this era of Battletch? I thought mechs were always powered by fusion engines?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Octatonic posted:

So I was looking at mech sheets. What do 'standard' and 'fusiom' engines mean in this era of Battletch? I thought mechs were always powered by fusion engines?

There are many different types of engines that mechs and vehicles can use in battletech. In the current time period these are the common ones:

Standard Fusion Engine - The basic engine that most mechs use.

XL Fusion Engine - An advanced engine that weighs 50% less than a Standard Fusion Engine, but takes up more space. As well as the six centre torso slots, an XL Engine takes up three additional slots in the left and right torso sections, meaning if those sections are destroyed the mech suffers an engine failure and becomes inoperable. This can be considered an acceptable trade-off since it means the mech has more free weight for extra guns / armour / speed.

Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) - A very heavy engine that uses petrol / gasoline / other combustible fuels. Quite primitive, don't produce enough juice to power weapons without special power amplifiers. Lots of vehicles use these, but you also find them on IndustrialMechs.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Yeah all of that fits with what I know about the game, but the Hoplite and Taloses are listed as having a "Standard" engine and the Blackjack and most of the others have "Fusion" engines according to the scenario readouts. I thought it might be a "PTN is hiding the engine type for the OpFor" thing, but it also shows up on some machines we should know about.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Octatonic posted:

So I was looking at mech sheets. What do 'standard' and 'fusion' engines mean in this era of Battletch? I thought mechs were always powered by fusion engines?

That's just me being inconsistent and forgetting whether I was labeling "Standard Fusion Engines" as "standard" or "fusion." They should all be labelled "standard" with Extra-Light engines being labelled "XL"

Octatonic posted:

"PTN is hiding the engine type for the OpFor"

That is a good idea though. Make it a little harder to tell if someone's got an easy-kill side torso.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 23, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sentinel

Running to 1228 should put me at the sweet spot for distance to the battlemaster, and that should still be in back arc, I think?

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's just me being inconsistent and forgetting whether I was labeling "Standard Fusion Engines" as "standard" or "fusion." They should all be labelled "standard" with Extra-Light engines being labelled "XL"

That is a good idea though. Make it a little harder to tell if someone's got an easy-kill side torso.

Thanks, and no worries! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something about the rules for the Star League era! I have enjoyed the other posters in the thread making a game of IDing the enemy mechs based on their stat sheets. This is a great thread so far.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

there can be no peace until everyone is safe

PoptartsNinja posted:

at least one brand of 'mech should absolutely have a giant chrome "XL" label on it. Like how there were commercials about Hemis 15 years ago.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

A radiantly clean Imp with an extended cab and a V12 badge thing lost among dozens of unsavory political stickers.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

propatriamori posted:

at least one brand of 'mech should absolutely have a giant chrome "XL" label on it. Like how there were commercials about Hemis 15 years ago.

Slap a Type R sticker on if you've got MASC/TSM/etc

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

CoffeeQaddaffi posted:

Slap a Type R sticker on if you've got MASC/TSM/etc

VTEC, baby!

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Which mech has a K-swap?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Olothreutes posted:

Which mech has a K-swap?

Not sure, but the Vlar 300 is the Battletech equivalent of an LS swap. If it's 50, 60, 75 or 100 tons, you'll probably see it or one of its light/XL cousins in some variant of a mech.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Oct 24, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sentinel
orders in.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Dragon’s Teeth 3-6

“I’m hulled,” Rampart reported; an update of her ‘Mech’s status flashed on Prodigal’s secondary display, only to be replaced almost instantaneously by a similar update from Ironhead.

“Yeah, me too,” the other mechwarrior cut in. “No critical damage, but I’m wide open Lieutenant.”

“Same,” Rampart continued. “But it feels like I could lose my whole left side if I move wrong.”

Prodigal grimaced. They’d avoided any really major damage so far; but they needed to win this fight if they wanted a captive. It was hard to weigh the risks to her soldiers and materiel against the theoretical captive she needed to recover. The ‘Mechs were replaceable; but her soldiers weren’t. At the same time, it was obvious that someone wanted the colonies in the coreward periphery wiped out and that same someone was setting up the Star League to take the blame. Failure to bring back any information could shake the league to the core, spark a periphery uprising, or worse—whatever ‘worse’ entailed.

She bit back the order to retreat. “There’s nothing for it,” Prodigal replied grimly. “We keep fighting. They’re hurting as bad as we are. Hold the line and we’ll win.”

Movement Phase
[n/a]

Shooting Phase
Mongoose (Player)
- Fires ER Large Laser at Talos #1 (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (14/22 armor remaining)
- Fires Small Laser at Talos #1: Target out of range, automatic miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Talos #1 (4 Gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 6, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Talos #1 (4 Gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 6, missed!

Sentinel (Player)
- Fires Ultra AC/5 [Ultra] at BattleMaster (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 11, with a cluster roll of 8: 2 shells hit Left Arm (7/24 armor remaining), Right Arm (19/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Laser at BattleMaster (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, missed!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at BattleMaster (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 12, 2 missiles hit Right Arm (17/24 armor remaining), Rear Left Torso (6/8 armor remaining)!

Blackjack (Player)
- Fires Medium Laser at Talos #1 (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 5, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Talos #1 (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (11/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Talos #1 (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 5, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Talos #1 (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 6, hit Head (4/9 armor remaining)! Pilot hit!
- - Talos #1 must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 4, succeeds!
- Fires Flamer [Damage] at Talos #1 (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 6, hit Right Torso (8/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Talos #1 (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 2, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Talos #1 (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 6, hit Right Leg (6/16 armor remaining)!

Hoplite (Player)
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light BattleMech (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + [3] enemy movement + 1 narrow profile = 7): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (6/12 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light BattleMech (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + [3] enemy movement + 1 narrow profile = 7): rolled 12, hit Center Torso (8/14 armor remaining)!
- Fires LB-10X [Cluster] at Unknown Light BattleMech (2 base - 1 cluster + 0 range + 1 movement + [3] enemy movement + 1 narrow profile = 6): rolled 5, missed!

ArchBanshee HammerMaster (Ally)
- Fires PPC at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 9): rolled 6, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (21/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (11/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, missed!
- Fires SRM-6 at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, missed!

Unknown Light BattleMech
- Fires Medium Laser at Hoplite (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (10/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Laser at Hoplite (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (15/18 armor remaining)
- Fires Small Laser at Hoplite (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (23/26 armor remaining)!

Talos #1
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1716!
- Fires Autocannon/10 at Blackjack (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 8, hit Left Torso (0/15 armor, 2/11 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Blackjack suffers a critical chance in Left Torso: rolled [4 + 2 prototype = 6], no critical hits sustained!
- Fires SRM-6 at Blackjack (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 4, missed!

Hunchback
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1826!
- Fires Autocannon/20 at ArchBanshee HammerMaster (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (6/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at ArchBanshee HammerMaster (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Torso (15/30 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at ArchBanshee HammerMaster (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (0/21 armor, 13/16 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - ArchBanshee HammerMaster suffers a critical chance in Left Arm: rolled 4, no critical hit sustained!
- Fires Small Laser at ArchBanshee HammerMaster (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 6, hit Right Torso (17/30 armor remaining)!

BattleMaster
- Torso twists to threaten hex 1527!
- Fires ER PPC at Sentinel (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (0/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at ArchBanshee HammerMaster (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + [1 - 1 Multi-Tasker = 0] secondary target - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 4, hit Head (0/9 armor remaining)! Pilot hit!
- Fires Medium Laser at ArchBanshee HammerMaster (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + [0] secondary target = 6): rolled 5, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at ArchBanshee HammerMaster (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + [0] secondary target = 6): rolled 5, missed!

Shooting End Phase
Talos #1
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 Piloting - 1 Easy to Pilot + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 10, succeeds!

ArchBanshee HammerMaster
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 Piloting + 1 massive damage = 6): rolled 11, succeeds!

Melee Phase
Hoplite (Player)
- Kicks Unknown Light BattleMech (3 Piloting + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (0/13 armor remaining)

Melee End Phase
Unknown Light BattleMech
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 Piloting + 1 massive damage + 1 kicked = 7): rolled 9, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 Piloting + 1 massive damage + 1 kicked = 7): rolled 7, succeeds!

Heat Phase
Mongoose (Player)
- Gains 20 heat, sinks [22]!

Sentinel (Player)
- Gains 6 heat, sinks [12]!

Blackjack (Player)
- Gains 23 heat, sinks [20]! Overheating!

Hoplite (Player)
- Gains 10 heat, sinks [18]!

- Gains 25 heat, sinks [27]!

Unknown Light BattleMech
- Gains 10 heat, sinks [14]!

Talos #1
- Gains 9 heat, sinks [12]!

Hunchback
- Gains 15 heat, sinks [15]!

BattleMaster
- Gains 33 heat, sinks [36]!

End Phase

Next Turn’s Movement Phase:

Map Link

Objectives
Primary Objective
- Capture at least one Fake (0/1)
- Defeat or drive off the Fake SLDF (1/5)

Secondary Objective
- Colonel Wendigo survives (0/1)
- Recover the enemy BattleMaster with cockpit intact (0/1)

Player Status:

Ally Status:

OpForce Status:

Special Rules
Bitter Cold: BattleMechs dissipate 2 additional heat per turn. Ejecting pilots suffer 1 automatic pilot damage.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 27, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

OW!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
The dice hunger. They hunger for the Frankenmech.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

there can be no peace until everyone is safe
feels like we're about to find out that the Battlemaster has the special ability to execute any 'mech that it's behind and adjacent to

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Not the sort of thing you'll see in my LP.

A kick though? That's possible.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
I need to examine the field a bit more but I’m not too sure where I can go right now. I could try running to attack the Hunchback but, that seems like a profoundly stupid idea. Back attacking the Talos seems like a poor idea since that would mean exposing myself to the heavier mechs behind it. And attacking the Talos from the front isn’t too appealing either since it’s much heavier than me and has the Falcon defending it.

I’m going to sleep on it. See what I think tomorrow when I’ve got more free time

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

propatriamori posted:

feels like we're about to find out that the Battlemaster has the special ability to execute any 'mech that it's behind and adjacent to

Someone please use the Undertaker standing behind AJ Styles picture and replace them both with the appropriate mechs

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Not the sort of thing you'll see in my LP.

A kick though? That's possible.

Ah poo poo, and it's got a height advantage. I get a feeling that it's about to score a field goal with Wendigo's cockpit.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
drat unfortunate about my LBX missing, but nothing for it but to keep chasing down this light. Going to continue moving in behind it and blasting.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

glwgameplayer posted:

I need to examine the field a bit more but I’m not too sure where I can go right now. I could try running to attack the Hunchback but, that seems like a profoundly stupid idea. Back attacking the Talos seems like a poor idea since that would mean exposing myself to the heavier mechs behind it. And attacking the Talos from the front isn’t too appealing either since it’s much heavier than me and has the Falcon defending it.

I’m going to sleep on it. See what I think tomorrow when I’ve got more free time

You can get to 2216 for 8 move, which breaks LOS to the light behind you and gives you partial cover vs. the rest of them (and another +1 for the light woods between you and the Talos), but that'd leave your right arm pointed at the heavies. Not ideal with that being in the Talos' AC short range. If you spend a couple more move to turn to face 2117, that'd improve the odds of not losing an arm but also add 1 to your to-hit rolls. It looks like the only thing that might shoot at you is the Talos though, the Hunchback and Battlemaster seem occupied with your ally, and if the Blackjack makes himself a more tempting target you're in the clear.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

- Fires PPC at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 9): rolled 6, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (21/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (11/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, missed!
- Fires SRM-6 at Hunchback Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, missed!

(i made this for something else and i'm very happy to have another chance to make the same joke)

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Volmarias posted:

Someone please use the Undertaker standing behind AJ Styles picture and replace them both with the appropriate mechs

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

:sickos:

Definitely needs under lighting shading but oh yeah.

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 27, 2023

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Blackjack

Oofh. I feel like i'm stuck between an ac10 and a heat place, and slowly losing this fight. if anything touches that LT, even an srm..

I have a few moves I can see. 2014 to break contact; 1318 for a +2 defensive mod but exposing me to the falcon, or 1817 and committing to the brawl/maybe melee.

Mongoose, how do you feel about taking a run at the talos's rear armor? (1719) (its an 8 hex move so you'd have a great move modifier; and with the 2 forests in the way, you're basically unhittable from the battlemaster. range 7 from the hunch means you're 'basically' safe from the big gun there too, ie, its at +7)

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 28, 2023

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022

TheParadigm posted:

Blackjack
I have a few moves I can see. 2014 to break contact; 1318 for a +2 defensive mod but exposing me to the falcon, or 1817 and comitting to the brawl/maybe melee.

Mongoose, how do you feel about taking a run at the talos's rear armor? (1719)

Mongoose

I think that it's a bit risky since the enemy Battlemaster has a chance to hit me with its ER PPCs. But with the two woods in the way and my evasion, it won't have a particularly accurate shot. Plus it probably wants to continue mauling our ally instead of lobbing shots at us.

I don't have the firepower to kill the Talos in a single barrage from the back, but I should have a decent chance at cracking its armor and limiting its movement for the next turn.

As for you, I think it's for the best if you take a minute to hide and cool off. I'd suggest just breaking engagement for a minute

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

The battlemaster doesn't have a shot on you from there due to a height 2 hex in 1621! it can't actually shoot you due to blocked line of sight. (edit, i think. this is something worth asking for a clarification on!)

... i almost didn't see it either, and had to change what i was gonna say. my backup offer was 'how do you feel about trying to shoot it from the front, then(1816), but I don't think its as good.

edit:looks like it does clip 1621

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 28, 2023

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
Mongoose

Well, unless someone stops me I'm gonna do as suggested by our Blackjack and shoot the Talos in the butt from 1719 with my rainbow of lasers. Like I said I probably can't kill it this turn, but I should be able to crack the armor.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

TheParadigm posted:

The battlemaster doesn't have a shot on you from there due to a height 2 hex in 1621!

It's standing on a Height 1 so it can still shoot over.

Because there's an intervening cover in the way and it's not shooting purely downhill, the Mongoose would still get partial cover if I decided to shoot at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sentinel

Still chasing the battlemaster. Orders in. o7