Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

The Bible posted:

Who was the budding guitarist who refused to ever take lessons and expected to be as skilled as Hendrix in like, 6 months?

Dank!
I believe the guitar in this song is the only remaining sample of his music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkv4UVzZc4k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Ariong posted:

This honestly looks super photoshopped. It’s very believable to me that someone would have poor enough taste to get a table like this but this particular image just doesn’t look real.

I really hope you're right, that was the first thing in a long time to make me burst out with a "[sputter] WHAT?" on seeing it.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Boxturret posted:

Dank!

It’s certainly the guitar equivalent of bitcoins

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Gutcruncher posted:

And Bruce. Bruce was magical.

Oh Bruce...

Always feels a bit surreal that one of the biggest events in my personal biography is basically single handedly taking down one of the biggest figures in Bitcoin before it became this loving horror show.

Like, I can't even tell people, just the rabbit hole of all of it...

edit: See, back in the early days of bitcoin, I was kind of famous on the internet for being a spoiled homosexual, anyways, I ruined the life of a gay prostitute who was involved in a giant mortgage fraud scheme before he became one of the most famous people involved in Bitcoin, before Bitcoin was a ~thing~.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 24, 2023

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

ur a gay prostitute

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Three Olives posted:

Oh Bruce...

Always feels a bit surreal that one of the biggest events in my personal biography is basically single handedly taking down one of the biggest figures in Bitcoin before it became this loving horror show.

Like, I can't even tell people, just the rabbit hole of all of it...

edit: See, back in the early days of bitcoin, I was kind of famous on the internet for being a spoiled homosexual, anyways, I ruined the life of a gay prostitute who was involved in a giant mortgage fraud scheme before he became one of the most famous people involved in Bitcoin, before Bitcoin was a ~thing~.

I loved when people said you were only attacking bruce because you were homophobic:allears:

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

red19fire posted:

That coffee table will be the last thing I think about before i die.

IIRC he ended up buying a modest sedan with his bitcoin windfall, One of the true bitcoin success stories.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Ariong posted:

This honestly looks super photoshopped. It’s very believable to me that someone would have poor enough taste to get a table like this but this particular image just doesn’t look real.

Sadly, someone found the creator and confirmed that it was real.

It's supposed to be some kind of obscure ringtail lemur apparently. But it'll always be dog dick coffee table to me.

which Bruce, there have been several weirdo Bruces in the sordid history of bitcoin

it's an important detail, since iirc one of them was a pedo and the rest were mostly forgettable scammers

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Bruce "Bruce Fenton" Fenton was one of the Brices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM6CfzVkjbk&t=619s

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

ullerrm posted:

which Bruce, there have been several weirdo Bruces in the sordid history of bitcoin

it's an important detail, since iirc one of them was a pedo and the rest were mostly forgettable scammers

The Only One TV Bitcoin Show Bruce. I think he was the pedophile?

drk
Jan 16, 2005

nomad2020 posted:

IIRC he ended up buying a modest sedan with his bitcoin windfall, One of the true bitcoin success stories.

rassah has pictures of himself with vanilla ice on his internet home page

this is basically the success story that all the 2020-2022 crypto hype crew were trying to emulate

drk
Jan 16, 2005
lol, and bruce

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

drk posted:

lol, and bruce

Dude on the right looks like Al Franken merged with Subway Jared.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
thats bruce

the other guy paid for a dog penis to be painted on his living room table

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

ullerrm posted:

Sadly, someone found the creator and confirmed that it was real.

Do you think he gets annoyed when people don't use a coaster?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
God drat, crypto people are weird even by internet standards.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Ariong posted:

We can only hope he has that level of humanity left in him.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Ariong posted:

If you look closely it looks like it has a glass top!

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Time_pants posted:

Dude on the right looks like Al Franken merged with Subway Jared.

Perez Hilton's cousin from Portland

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Boxturret posted:

If you look closely it looks like it has a glass top!

Good thinking. A poorly positioned coffee stain would completely change the feel of the piece.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gutcruncher posted:

The Only One TV Bitcoin Show Bruce. I think he was the pedophile?

was that the same show where we briefly had an early bitcoin cinematic universe crossover when teenage scammer atlas was given an interview?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

zetamind2000 posted:

was that the same show where we briefly had an early bitcoin cinematic universe crossover when teenage scammer atlas was given an interview?

Likely. Pretty sure most of the og crypto crew came from the same circles before it blew up.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Still waiting on that amazing new bitcointalk forum software.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Bruce Fenton, the creator of fentonyl.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Boxturret posted:

Still waiting on that amazing new bitcointalk forum software.

They'll finish it once Atlas finishes the Oolong Machine so people can finally go see Dank in concert.

I heard he's playing at some theater that has literally every soda flavor on tap.

Edit: Demo Mode

zetamind2000 posted:

I'm sorry to embarrass you like this but how the gently caress did you forget the true star of that show; the cell phone we spammed until it fell off the chair?

Hard to believe that was so long ago. There was another scammer in Korea that opened a fake school and kept trying to get me to meet up with him so he could prove he was an honorary police officer or some poo poo.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Oct 24, 2023

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
who could forget bitconnecttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

Gutcruncher posted:

I think he was the pedophile?

a bitcoin guy????????

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Ever the ponzi grows.......https://cointelegraph.com/news/blackrock-spot-bitcoin-etf-nasdaq-clearing-firm - not sure if this means it's the real (spot etf listing) or what.

edit: and then removed, and then relisted. Bizarre.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 24, 2023

drk
Jan 16, 2005

an admirer of both Bitcoin and Jesus for how close they are to perfection and freedom posted:

Bitcoin is an artwork of universal laws.

It seems that once it started, no one was going to stop it. The more it persists, the less one can stop it. The laws that bitcoin represents so marvelously, thus the design that is the fundament of its existence, transcends the conditions of time, so that any events related to it now depend on bitcoin and not the other way around. There is, in other words, no event that has more influence on bitcoin, than bitcoin itself. One day this will all be cleared among the common human thinking. For now, we say:

Bitcoin may be the human work closest to something divine, in other words, free from imperfections and relativity, after the work of Jesus Of Nazareth.

This is the destiny of those who work by faith and for things higher than times and people: to work outside of others’ understanding, sometimes one’s own understanding. To work knowing that no one fully understands now, possibly at the right moment in the future, and sometimes never. Thus regarding the work Satoshi have done, being human, they probably do not comprehend it fully in nature, nor do we do now, possibly in the future, maybe never. Surely the work of Jesus Of Nazareth, in the guise of Christ, one will never fully understand.

This is the great feat of human beings, to pursue something not by belief but by faith. And a great gift granted to us: that in doing the right thing we need not to know the full truth, but by virtue of knowledge and wisdom be close to it, and by virtue of faith have it in our heart.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Boxturret posted:

Dank!

Not just Hendrix-equivalent, but he actually quite literally thought that if he played guitar well enough he would spontaneously float into the air and blow our minds, ushering in world Goddamn peace. He posted this multiple times (instead of, idk, practicing his guitar). Also, since he was high 24/7 this dream never stopped as 99.999% of college weed-related fantasies do.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Boxturret posted:

I loved when people said you were only attacking bruce because you were homophobic:allears:

:same:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
BBBY is getting removed from broker websites as a delisted and worthless security. If you want to see 80 screenshots of redditors harassing their broker's support agents then lol but you can on r/bbby.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Salt Fish posted:

BBBY is getting removed from broker websites as a delisted and worthless security. If you want to see 80 screenshots of redditors harassing their broker's support agents then lol but you can on r/bbby.

I thought, “I’d like to hear the resulting 1-800 customer support call recording(s)”, but then just the thought of redditors mouth breathing for minutes at a time over the phone changed my mind.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

wait........ what?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Here is my subreddit koolaide tier list:

S+ -> r/theppshow They talk mostly in codewords and have almost invented a language of only jargon with no conventional english left over. I think they're pretending to be ironic but secretly they're all double-ironic bag holders
A -> r/superstonk, mostly true believers with 1 in 10 posts coming across lucid. Since they mix in GME and other "blue chips" with their BBBY they're not in freefall as a community yet.
B -> r/gme is about a 50/50 mix of people making fun of them and people who buy dvds at gamestop to juice the stock somehow. Check this one out if you LOVE pictures of DVDs being bought.
D -> r/bbby is almost all trolls and people making fun of the last hold outs. "The shills have taken over" is a common refrain, but a core group believe they're going to be reissued stock in a new company (???) made from Ovestock or ToysRus, or Buybuy Baby depending on what day it is.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

:fart:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Salt Fish posted:

Here is my subreddit koolaide tier list:

S+ -> r/theppshow They talk mostly in codewords and have almost invented a language of only jargon with no conventional english left over. I think they're pretending to be ironic but secretly they're all double-ironic bag holders
A -> r/superstonk, mostly true believers with 1 in 10 posts coming across lucid. Since they mix in GME and other "blue chips" with their BBBY they're not in freefall as a community yet.
B -> r/gme is about a 50/50 mix of people making fun of them and people who buy dvds at gamestop to juice the stock somehow. Check this one out if you LOVE pictures of DVDs being bought.
D -> r/bbby is almost all trolls and people making fun of the last hold outs. "The shills have taken over" is a common refrain, but a core group believe they're going to be reissued stock in a new company (???) made from Ovestock or ToysRus, or Buybuy Baby depending on what day it is.

And then there's r/SearsForever lol.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Mercury_Storm posted:

wait........ what?

Did he at least get a Charizard?

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
They’ve coaxed him to the witness box with shrimp and amphetamines… Sam is going to testify.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/oct/25/sam-bankman-fried-testify-fraud-trial-ftx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Dial A For Awesome posted:

They’ve coaxed him to the witness box with shrimp and amphetamines… Sam is going to testify.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/oct/25/sam-bankman-fried-testify-fraud-trial-ftx

:munch: