Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pead posted:

Thats what the reporting for powell and chesebro said, at least

edit: Ellis too

lmao

hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
after contracting COVID-19 from a prosecutor during court two weeks ago, donald jesus H christ Trump died in his bed at mar-a-lago today, then promplty shat himself. his poo poo ridden bloated corpse will lie in state at the capitol rotunda for 99 days

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol when your attorneys are state witnesses

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

quote:

A US state senator has been charged with possessing arms without a license after he was found with a revolver at Hong Kong airport.

Jeff Wilson, a Republican senator from Washington state, appeared at Shatin Magistrates’ Courts on Monday following his Saturday arrest. He was released on a cash bail of HK$20,000 and ordered to hand over his travel documents and not to leave Hong Kong, local media reported.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1716839470857679129

fart

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

House GOP Speaker nomination race is down to four candidates

Previous ballot:

Tom Emmer - 100
Mike Johnson - 43
Byron Donalds - 32
Kevin Hern - 26

Austin Scott - 12 (drops out)

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Jenna, crying with pink eyes: "Thank you, Rudy. You shouldn't have!"

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

euphronius posted:

it means they are good lawyers right?

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

euphronius posted:

at this point you'd have to be a massive idiot *not* to plead out, right?

So that means a lot of them won't.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

emfive posted:

at this point you'd have to be a massive idiot *not* to plead out, right?

So that means a lot of them won't.

you also have to be offered pleas, who knows what the prosecutions plan is

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://twitter.com/lawofruby/status/1716829411025244488

Mob boss

Glumwheels has issued a correction as of 17:21 on Oct 24, 2023

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

you should try Brian Eno techniques for songwriting, whenever I get super stuck creatively I reach for the cards

http://stoney.sb.org/eno/oblique.html

quoting this so I can look at it later

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

“Trump lawyer Michael Cohen told The Huffington Post that Trump is worth ‘a lot … substantially more than what’s recorded in Forbes.’ ‘They don’t take into account the value of the Trump brand, of the mark, one of the most valuable marks that’s ever been created,’ Cohen said. ‘He has very little debt, triple-A assets.’” (HuffPost, April 2011)

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

“Mr. Trump is more than just a boss to those of us who have been fortunate enough to be close to him, both professionally and personally,” he said in an interview. “He’s more like a patriarch, a mentor. These qualities make him very endearing to me, which is why I am so fiercely loyal to him and committed to protecting him at all costs.” (Interview with The New York Times, December 2016)

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

“Mr. Trump is more than just a boss to those of us who have been fortunate enough to be close to him, both professionally and personally,” he said in an interview. “He’s more like a patriarch, a mentor. These qualities make him very endearing to me, which is why I am so fiercely loyal to him and committed to protecting him at all costs.” (Interview with The New York Times, December 2016)

The guy you paid to lie for you once lied for you is not a particularly good Troof :(

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

oh poo poo, are lawyers professional liars until you stop paying them?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

“Trump lawyer Michael Cohen told The Huffington Post that Trump is worth ‘a lot … substantially more than what’s recorded in Forbes.’ ‘They don’t take into account the value of the Trump brand, of the mark, one of the most valuable marks that’s ever been created,’ Cohen said. ‘He has very little debt, triple-A assets.’” (HuffPost, April 2011)

ahh yes what else did cohen have to say

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-jhmkcOGAA&t=8s

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

coke and chili time

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ArmedZombie posted:

coke and chili time

day crew rear end post

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

like of a family?

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

Oh he said these things when he was lying for you?

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Harton posted:

I still have musician imposter syndrome pretty bad.

you are honestly pretty talented!

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
weak truths, Mr president

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

Lol

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

:lol: the house still has 7 gop dudes trying to win speakership and they're stuck doing secret ballots with nobody even close to winning

lmao

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1716846698868191530

Donalds is out, creepy felon

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The guy across the street from me traded in his 4-5 year old F-150 for a F-350 long bed crew cab. It doesn't fit in his carport so he has to park it on the street now. I have never seen him carry a load in the bed or a passenger in the cab. Very confusing

it comes with 200 more Fs

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

correct. the only candidate for president right now is RFK Jr

(and maybe Cornel West, i don't remember if he's running for some party nom or not)

hes with the greens right?

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

hahaha

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Bethamphetamine posted:

oh poo poo, are lawyers professional liars until you stop paying them?

yes then when theyre off the clock theyre professional drinkers

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The guy across the street from me traded in his 4-5 year old F-150 for a F-350 long bed crew cab. It doesn't fit in his carport so he has to park it on the street now. I have never seen him carry a load in the bed or a passenger in the cab. Very confusing

Think of all the rats you could fit in that thing!

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

if emmer wins, can he actually get enough votes in the full house or is this circus going to go another lap?

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Donalds Tumps, creepy soon to be felon [lol we'll see]

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Pead posted:

you also have to be offered pleas, who knows what the prosecutions plan is

my guess is when the number of flipped people gets to a certain size and the remaining accused is a manageable number they can close the door. I mean, it seems pretty simple, trying people like Ellis would have been a waste of time.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I see dead people

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Pead posted:

if emmer wins, can he actually get enough votes in the full house or is this circus going to go another lap?

What if I told you he voted to certify the 2020 election?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Rep. Tom Emmer (R-MN) was nominated as House speaker on Tuesday by the Republican conference.

After five rounds of voting in the GOP conference, Emmer was named speaker designee. Emmer defeated Rep. Mike Johnson (R-LA). Rep. Byron Donalds (R-FL) dropped out before the final round.

Donald Trump's supporters have been vocal opponents of Emmer because he voted to certify the 2020 presidential election. Other Republicans oppose him because he voted to protect same-sex marriage.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Tom Tucker posted:

What if I told you he voted to certify the 2020 election?

lol, oh noooooo

what are the odds someone can win before the Nov. 17th shutdown deadline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

trump: did u say trump?