Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Another Bill posted:

I learned the term 'coup by media' last week and I've been thinking about it a lot re: Canada.

cant believe the media made everything expensive while crushing wages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

cant believe the media made everything expensive while crushing wages

Who do you think did that? I'm curious

I'll await your next no effort garbage post.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

people dont like the current government because it's overseeing the greatest decline of quality of life in decades. coup by media is asinine. they're unpopular because they suck.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

people dont like the current government because it's overseeing the greatest decline of quality of life in decades. coup by media is asinine. they're unpopular because they suck.

Hmm I don't know my quality of life keeps going up, maybe you're the one that sucks?

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

Ya lol

He was pro intervention in Cuba and I believe also Venezuela. The guy is just a typical neo-liberal who plays at being a leftist.

I'd say thankfully that doesn't fool many people any more, but it seems his brand of idiocy is well represented among many left as-far-left-as-acceptable institutions in Canada.

:sigh:

Oh, and that was me organizing for DSC at the time, in the naive belief that getting in on the ground floor meant we could bend the org in a positive direction. It... uh... didn't work out.

Is DSC even a thing anymore? I'm pretty sure Roberts walked away from its radio show or his cohost did over political differences.

Roberts ragequit the DSC when members called him out for keeping dues in his personal bank account and not disclosing expenses lol

looking at the DSC website now, seems like they're focused entirely on tenant organizing?

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is there some kind of source for this?

yes.

https://www.landwer.ca/our-team/ - the spook bit

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/8/5/cafe-built-over-jerusalem-islamic-graves-sparks-anger - the cemetery bit. okay, the parent corp built the franchise

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Another Bill posted:

Hmm I don't know my quality of life keeps going up, maybe you're the one that sucks?

The new PT6A looks a lot different than the old one

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
The notoriously strong hand of the Canadian Media will Steamroll everyone in its path

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Another Bill posted:

what do you do for a living

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I mean, the Canadian media is a government subsidized cartel of 3 or 4 multi billion dollar companies, two of whom are also our biggest telecoms.

If it's the thread's consensus that they don't abuse that power to pursue their own goals, I don't know what to say. Read some Marx maybe?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

what do you do for a living

what is this a date?

e: If you have time to troll on the internet in the middle of a workday and don't think you have a standard of living higher than 99.9% of the people on the planet today then pull your head out of your rear end

Another Bill has issued a correction as of 18:14 on Oct 24, 2023

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Another Bill posted:

I mean, the Canadian media is a government subsidized cartel of 3 or 4 multi billion dollar companies, two of whom are also our biggest telecoms.

If it's the thread's consensus that they don't abuse that power to pursue their own goals, I don't know what to say. Read some Marx maybe?

you're almost there

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Another Bill posted:

what is this a date?

e: If you have time to troll on the internet in the middle of a workday and don't think you have a standard of living higher than 99.9% of the people on the planet today then pull your head out of your rear end

some people are unemployed and homeless and passing the time until their MAID for being poor comes through by scrolling through this deceased homosexual website on mcdonald's wifi or work an atrocious night shift minimum wage job and shitpost for a few hours during the day before attempting to cry/drink themselves into a few hours of fitful, daylit sleep before waking up at 10pm to go lift heavy things for 10 hours or are students renting a single room in a crazy person's house that charges exorbitant rent that has to be paid for with giant student loans that will leave them in crippling debt for most of their natural lifespan

it is entirely possible to have a standard of living that is absolutely loving abysmal but also has free time at noon on a tuesday

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Getting Pierre Poilievre elected will surely fix all that

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Bill stfu. The subspecies of Landlord that controls the Commons does not matter

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I've actually had that job working 8-10 hour days lifting heavy things to pay the rent (and tuition) and I certainly didn't spend the rest of my free time crying on a website about it lol

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

War gives the right to the conquerors to impose any condition they please upon the vanquished.
I like bill. they’re earnest and optimistic in a way that reminds me of myself before decades of backsliding into fascism crushed all of that and left nothing but a void of nihilism that I mask behind a veneer of shitposts.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Another Bill posted:

and I certainly didn't spend the rest of my free time crying on a website about it lol

why not

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I love that we have a robust domestic consent manufacturing industry.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

TheKingofSprings posted:

The new PT6A looks a lot different than the old one

And the CanPol PFC refreshingly doesn't go on about bikes

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

Roberts ragequit the DSC when members called him out for keeping dues in his personal bank account and not disclosing expenses lol

looking at the DSC website now, seems like they're focused entirely on tenant organizing?

Ah okay, I remembered something about that but was already dialed way out when it happened.

Speaking of which, I've been working with a local chapter of Acorn Canada on just those sorts of issues, and while they are still new, they seem tk be approaching the issues in the right way.

Maybe I'll look into DSC again if they were smart enough to turf Roberts.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

cock hero flux posted:

can you vote for the bloc quebecois outside of quebec

You could probably get elected in Alberta running on a "kick Quebec out of the country" platform

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Bilirubin posted:

And the CanPol PFC refreshingly doesn't go on about bikes

Lol a Canadian PFC. Guy who won't stop posting about the house he just bought in Riverdale lmao

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Lol apparently Mélanie Joly's inbox is getting swamped.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Another Bill posted:

I learned the term 'coup by media' last week and I've been thinking about it a lot re: Canada.

idgi when did media overthrow the government

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

DaysBefore posted:

Lol a Canadian PFC. Guy who won't stop posting about the house he just bought in Riverdale lmao

Canadian PFC would absolutely live in Hamilton.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

eXXon posted:

Canadian PFC would absolutely live in Hamilton.

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

For all you BDS buddies who have struggled to reconcile their disdain of apartheid with their love of bubbly water, I just found out there's a Quebec-based company making CO2 canisters for soda streams. Available at the reduced price of $12.50 and the retention of your soul.

https://www.indigosoda.ca

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Another Bill posted:

Read some Marx maybe?

That genuinely made me lmao

Saying this at the same time as you say some Will Stencil poo poo about how things are great, it's just the media that is the problem is very funny, if rather incoherent.

The Liberals and the Conservatives (and the NDP for the most part) merely represent different factions within the ruling class. While it is true media is used as a tool for their little game of thrones, that does not imply that conditions are good or that either works in the interest of the working class.

Perhaps you should read Lenin?

Another Bill posted:

Lmao

Wonderful working class solidarity. Very Marxist of you.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If this stupid commie slapfighting gets Trotskyed out any longer I might Karl myself

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

"well my quality of life keeps going up so maybe you should try not sucking"
"no i won't tell you what my job is"
and
"you should read marx"

are a truly majestic combination of posts

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

dieselfruit posted:

For all you BDS buddies who have struggled to reconcile their disdain of apartheid with their love of bubbly water, I just found out there's a Quebec-based company making CO2 canisters for soda streams. Available at the reduced price of $12.50 and the retention of your soul.

finally, some ethical loving consumption

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

"well my quality of life keeps going up so maybe you should try not sucking"
"no i won't tell you what my job is"
and
"you should read marx"

are a truly majestic combination of posts

the left.txt lmao

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

dieselfruit posted:

Oh hey this is great, thanks and there's an exchange point along my dog walk route.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

If this stupid commie slapfighting gets Trotskyed out any longer I might Karl myself

stick to posting about video games and anime you loser

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

please consider maid

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

wait did Grapes marry Rex Murphy?

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

Another Bill posted:

what is this a date?

You don’t go shitposting dressed like that, do you? On a weekday?!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

PhilippAchtel posted:

That genuinely made me lmao

Saying this at the same time as you say some Will Stencil poo poo about how things are great, it's just the media that is the problem is very funny, if rather incoherent.

The Liberals and the Conservatives (and the NDP for the most part) merely represent different factions within the ruling class. While it is true media is used as a tool for their little game of thrones, that does not imply that conditions are good or that either works in the interest of the working class.

Perhaps you should read Lenin?

Lmao

Wonderful working class solidarity. Very Marxist of you.

another bill
will

it was right there! how did we miss it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

TheKingofSprings posted: