Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Is it tax season yet, can I go do my taxes now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

triple sulk posted:

they're swinging at everything
this is what they do, they get behind by even a little bit, panic, and overswing at EVERYTHING

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Coach definitely gets fired

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think castellanos gets traded or waived for sure

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'm honestly done watching the game, I have zero hope

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

CapnAndy posted:

what an incredible disappointment of a season, team was absolutely better than last years' and we couldn't even make it back to the WS

coaching failure and heads need to roll; maybe not Topper, but a lot of others

thomson needs to go, he's a bad manager that got away with vibes

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Focus on the positives. Like the terrific plush green Phanatic hats.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

euphronius posted:

I think castellanos gets traded or waived for sure
he was really good

until he wasn't, but still

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

I'm honestly done watching the game, I have zero hope

Good riddance

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm not going to give up entirely after one inning. It'll take me at least three

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
outside of turner's, i didn't really mind those at-bats? much more patience than yesterday. sucks they didn't do anything with it (and swung at balls on 3-2 several times), but i'll be interested to see if that patience holds

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

CapnAndy posted:

this is what they do, they get behind by even a little bit, panic, and overswing at EVERYTHING

yup it's just the baseball equivalent of heroball

zero discipline and it was clear when they can only score off solo homers that there was a critical problem

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man I respect the strength of this doomposting. Y'all are battle hardened Game 7ers.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Toaster Beef posted:

outside of turner's, i didn't really mind those at-bats? much more patience than yesterday. sucks they didn't do anything with it (and swung at balls on 3-2 several times), but i'll be interested to see if that patience holds

they were bad and they swung at garbage

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Toaster Beef posted:

outside of turner's, i didn't really mind those at-bats? much more patience than yesterday. sucks they didn't do anything with it (and swung at balls on 3-2 several times)
that's the opposite of patience

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ranger's cooked, the bats are dead, this is over

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ranger is cooked too

get the japanese guy, maybe look at snell, let nola walk

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

thought that was gone off the bat

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Kirios posted:

Man I respect the strength of this doomposting. Y'all are battle hardened Game 7ers.

The Phillies have been around for ~140 years and have never had a Game 7. Ever. This is blazing new doomposting territory

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Gurriel has largely been auto-out, not a great sign

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Kirios posted:

Kinda makes me sad we can't have a Phillies/Astros ws gdt this year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

delfin posted:

The Phillies have been around for ~140 years and have never had a Game 7. Ever. This is blazing new doomposting territory

Game 7 doomposting is a state of mind. You don't have to experience a Game 7 to post like it's a Game 7.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

triple sulk posted:

ranger is cooked too

get the japanese guy, maybe look at snell, let nola walk
fire all the coaches, slap the everloving poo poo out of thomson and tell him he's got one year to save his job, keep the entire roster, and throw money at free agents like you're the Mets imo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gently caress the rangers but 2011 sucked poo poo for them so it's ok if they win the ws i guess since they're titleless. do it for hank hill who doesn't even really like baseball

not gonna watch it either way

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Dameius posted:

Kinda makes me sad we can't have a Phillies/Astros ws gdt this year.

I told ya Philly posters were great.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

CapnAndy posted:

fire all the coaches, slap the everloving poo poo out of thomson and tell him he's got one year to save his job, keep the entire roster, and throw money at free agents like you're the Mets imo

i'd let thomson go now, his good will was lost for good the moment he refused to consider moving bohm

Red
Apr 15, 2003

D-Backs with all the momentum

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Looked like stott tagged him.

Good thing I'm not an ump

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I'm not gonna watch it either but I'll root for sneks

gotta respect grit

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ranger not going to last 4 innings

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

CapnAndy posted:

I'm not gonna watch it either but I'll root for sneks

gotta respect grit

phoenix is a monument to man's arrogance

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

ok I'm outta here see you guys next year I hope

god drat it Phillies

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

MrMidnight posted:

Ranger not going to last 4 innings

we were one pitch away from turner swinging at three balls being off, and the wild pitch was very close to letting a runner in

ranger's card will probably be ticked at this rate

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Fans just need a reason to explode

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

triple sulk posted:

phoenix is a monument to man's arrogance

drat straight! :smug:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

all the fans have too much money to afford to go to the game and aren't rowdy/loud enough

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yanking Ranger now would be disastrous

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Philadelphia Phillies Get A Single Run Challenge (IMPOSSIBLE)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Red posted:

Yanking Ranger now would be disastrous

but it would stamp a square

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

triple sulk posted:

all the fans have too much money to afford to go to the game and aren't rowdy/loud enough

I unironically agree with this sentiment