Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Yes there's some nuances, you're right, but those instances aren't "I did nothing and got free money". They involve losses, paying taxes to foreign offices, etc etc. What the go for the apes seem to be is "tell the government I lost my money and get reimbursed on top of my earnings" which is not how that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

snergle posted:

t he part i dont get is why is this legal and why does it apparently carry foward.

Because the memestockers are right about the fact that the laws are written by rich people to benefit rich people. The game is rigged; if you've got money it's heads you win, tails you don't lose.

They're wrong about everything else, most especially the idea that the people who write the rules will ever allow themselves to lose. They'll just rewrite the rules as needed.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Ive been lurking the BBBY reddit and some others and my favorite thing is how, after the shares were cancelled, there was big influx of people who went to those reddits just to laugh at them and rub it in their faces that it was all over

But the true believer sees that and manages to think its all still a coordinated effort to make than give up, and since theres is nothing else to give up, they cant even sell anymore, it reinforces his hope, because if their shares were really cancelled, why are here people still trying to make them give up???

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
r/BBBYThePPShow ape believes he's cracked the code on why nobody in the media is talking about the great ascendancy of BBBY, which is inevitable and right around the corner:

an ape posted:

My theory on the silence is they are trying to avoid the Streisand effect. They know they lost and it is only a matter of time before the real plan comes out. If they start celebrating early then lots of eyeballs will be looking at BBBY right as things are announced and will cause an instant fomo stampede into the new ticker.

This has to be the reason literally nobody but us is left giving a poo poo about this bankrupt towel store. It couldn't possibly be anything else.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm not interested in this mans stock information but I do have some questions about the banana that he states is in his rear end

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

I'm not interested in this mans stock information but I do have some questions about the banana that he states is in his rear end

It's a bananya, HTH.

And he's "long" on it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is that like a plantain

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Is that like a plantain

yes and!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

username/av/post combo

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Somewhat like gamer girl bath water, perhaps that particular poor bastard can make up his losses by selling stock ape rear end bananas

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
In response to a new "DD" crossposted from /r/ThePPShow to /r/BBBY:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

which end is for pleasure and which end for pain?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Amazing Zimmo posted:

which end is for pleasure and which end for pain?

The black end is the part you blow into, so I'mma say that's the end for pain. I dunno what part the pleasure is supposed to come from.

(it's an exercise tool for mouthpiece buzzing on a trumpet, in case you're wondering) :ssh:

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-JJfFJy9_g

Grifterrrr warrrrrs!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Wait so PP is a man?

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

yeah, and he got doxxed by a bunch of Q anon BBBY holders for not being sufficiently pro-Q lol.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

It got glossed over in Folding Ideas' video, but the memestock cult is also a constant clusterfuck of the worst and pettiest internet drama imaginable

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Froghammer posted:

worst and pettiest internet drama imaginable

Um this is something awful?

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

pseudanonymous posted:

Um this is something awful?

Friend, we invented it, but it's been refined since then.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Trillhouse posted:

yeah, and he got doxxed by a bunch of Q anon BBBY holders for not being sufficiently pro-Q lol.

This should have been an inflection point for ppman to go dark and call it quits. But grifters gotta grift.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

BBBYQ strikes back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP5PKD_k4nw
they doxxed him (not really a big deal considering he uses his last name) but also his family and the school his kid goes to. which sucks and really shows the lunacy of towel apes.

edit: and the PP response:

quote:

This has nothing to do with this community. We don’t talk about marantz at all and honestly the fact that he is trying to accuse this community is disgusting. We have the best people around in our community and again this has 0 to do with me or our community. That’s between him and whoever is releasing his information. It has no place here and i feel bad for him. But it’s not my problem or anyone else’s here.

Edit: this man has built a lot of enemies over the years as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is fabricated by himself. I have always been respectful to marantz, I am the one who removed his image of him working at Costco. When others were calling him a loving janitor I said everyone needs to work and shouldn’t be ashamed of what they do. Let’s just be honest I’ve always been the bigger person in the room despite our differences. But again this has nothing to do with us and shouldn’t waste time on it.

i love sloppy internet drama. i'm a hog for it.

Trillhouse fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 23, 2023

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
let's be honest, i'm awesome

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Trillhouse posted:

BBBYQ strikes back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP5PKD_k4nw
they doxxed him (not really a big deal considering he uses his last name) but also his family and the school his kid goes to. which sucks and really shows the lunacy of towel apes.

This is why you don't put your name out in public spaces.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

"I know where your kids go to school" -- a very sane thing to say from someone you should definitely get financially entangled with

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Trillhouse posted:

HOLY poo poo THEY'RE GOING AT EACHOTHER

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Oh thank GOD I was beginning to lose all hope, finally proof Ryan Cohen will swoop in and save us all

Reddit is also awash with people freaking out about BBBYQ shares being delisted everywhere

but wait! :siren::siren::chanpop:FREE POKEMON CARDS :chanpop::siren::siren:

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Mercury_Storm posted:

Oh thank GOD I was beginning to lose all hope, finally proof Ryan Cohen will swoop in and save us all

Reddit is also awash with people freaking out about BBBYQ shares being delisted everywhere

but wait! :siren::siren::chanpop:FREE POKEMON CARDS :chanpop::siren::siren:

Gambling on Pokémon cards is more profitable than any of that other poo poo these days lol

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

owned

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Is that last post of his from inside a well..?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Also, 7k followers on TikTok is miniscule. I guess most of the SuperStonk crowd is too old for that platform.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i mean both numbers are meaningless so meh

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

onesixtwo posted:

Oh god are 7k people going to die in seven days!!!

:ohdear:

(also dear god has Hollywood horror movie creature design gotten garbage and lazy recently.)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

onesixtwo posted:

He was unaccountably peckish.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Checked in on r/ThePPShow since r/BBBY is effectively dead. Thread was discussing where they think the ticker price for the new company will be started, presuming that it will be high enough to discourage FOMO buy-in from the general public to avoid a catastrophic breakdown of the world economy. One ape said they plan to hodl their shares but use them as collateral in loans, "like rich people do", so they can live large while not selling.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
will be interesting to see how long the apes can keep the delusion going now that their BBBY shares are deleted and they never get the shares in this imaginary new company

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

LordArgh posted:

will be interesting to see how long the apes can keep the delusion going now that their BBBY shares are deleted and they never get the shares in this imaginary new company

You can't prove that ryan cohen isn't going to start up gmericateddy on [current day+1].

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I assume they will just move on to a new target. Grifters know the community exists and their funds are endless

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
They need to do way to instain BBBY>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Boxturret posted:

You can't prove that ryan cohen isn't going to start up gmericateddy on [current day+1].

🎶 Tomorrow! Tomorrow! My stonk moons tomorrow!
It's only a day away 🎶