Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cookie Cutter posted:

It's like the Sardaukar, their fearsome reputation is also their weakness such that a single big loss shatters them completely (except without much actual fighting ability).

Lol that Dune part 2 is coming out now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Marenghi posted:

There's definitely been some muddying of who the victims were. Israel has tried to paint them as all civilians, despite a large amount of causalities being IDF soldiers on base. Then there's the self-defence groups of citizens lead by IDF members. It's not unreasonable to expect Hamas to fire upon armed 'civilians' who were firing back.

We'll probably know after this conflict ends what the breakdown of victims were. But I feel it's more combatants than Israel is letting on.

there was this and then all the civillians who were actually killed by the IDF spraying and praying without really giving a gently caress, or the hannibal doctrine for civilians. the only "evidence" of civilians being deliberately killed is coming from the IDF, thus not actually credible. (as opposed to the mountains of evidence of the IDF killing civilians on purpose)

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

tristeham posted:

Assad Putin

They did the fusion dance

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

there was this and then all the civillians who were actually killed by the IDF spraying and praying without really giving a gently caress, or the hannibal doctrine for civilians. the only "evidence" of civilians being deliberately killed is coming from the IDF, thus not actually credible. (as opposed to the mountains of evidence of the IDF killing civilians on purpose)

I never watched the videos bc I prefer not having ptsd but didn't they show killing of unarmed Israeli civilians.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It'd be hilarious if they delay the release like all the films that had to wait for a more appropriate time to show buildings collapsing after 9/11. Too soon man, too soon.

JayhawkCSC
Sep 18, 2012
1208 pages and they still haven't thought to send over Kendal Jenner with a Pepsi

E: also DTI

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

been delayed until spring because of the writers strike

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
looks like erdogan wasnt blustering out of his rear end like he usually does, the turks have now cancelled all energy deals with israel

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1717147174599827615?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

keep it up erdogan do more stuff like this and you might not be a total piece of poo poo as i thought you were

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Sancho Banana posted:

More banger propaganda just dropped
Not sure why they cropped out the background on this one

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1717114079720992848?t=5TSnOOQIjSPFACjj7IuS4g&s=19

Anyone here able to do an actual translation of this?
I ran it through a machine translation, and I do not think it was very accurate:

quote:

Indeed, God is intertwined with the members of Khalid and Al-Zubair. God is in understanding and has established for you a bank of jad so that you may know how bright it is, and a house
that is aware of what it is, so improve the presentation, enact teachings, and mix God with the intentions of meat and naan nest, and if Faisal’s pizza has been
done!
By God, by God, in what you know, Glory be to Him. To buy from them a Taqqat offering for her boat, Marziyah, of her Prophet Muhammad and his companion, Abu Amara
And they knew that this count of yours is an opinion, and there is no cure for it except to hit it, or for suspicion and error except to refute it, and for it is no big deal. So come
to them and work among them. Abu Salman has already revealed what Saad has done regarding them.
“The Lord of Khaybar has sought righteousness, or by the sword of Dhu al-Fiqar, west.”

Pookah has issued a correction as of 19:54 on Oct 25, 2023

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

ELTON JOHN posted:

been delayed until spring because of the writers strike

didnt they remove all the pseudo-islamic and arabic language from dune that was in the original books because hollywood are cowards?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

fizzy posted:

Permaban Brown Moses, Mid Life Crisis, Private Witt, NovemberMike, and daslog for genocide denial & apologia, and Permaban Koos Group for enabling genocide deniers and apologists.

https://twitter.com/pratapkushwaha_/status/1717066272851275901?t=2M2rfWvBVmWwtdDKFtmVWg&s=19

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Al-Saqr posted:

didnt they remove all the pseudo-islamic and arabic language from dune that was in the original books because hollywood are cowards?

yeah all the stuff in the book that was inspired by islam wasnt included lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

30.5 Days posted:

If this is burga postin then I'll take my 6 I guess, but:

To be clear, NED was explicitly created to continue activities previously carried out by the CIA which were determined to be inappropriate for the CIA to carry out. They openly admit to this on their own website: https://www.ned.org/about/history/

The idea here is supposed to be that this is all very legitimate and democratic, unlike when the CIA ran things. But it's not. NED is not a government organization and while it is chartered by and funded by congress like a government program, it doesn't have any meaningful government oversight. It is not run by the executive and its specific agenda is not legislated by the legislative. Its internal mechanisms are intentionally opaque. Legally it is a bizarre combination of private and public where it is allowed to run as a completely private entity but congress is allowed to, like, legislate a vague description of what it is supposed to be doing. Hypothetically there is a board staffed by the republican and democratic party, labor leaders, and the state department, and other public leadership positions that tend to be filled with state department apparatchiks, but the actual control these positions have over the agenda or functioning of NED is intentionally left unclear.

This isn't necessarily evidence that the CIA runs NED, but it would seem to be unnecessary to conceal its internal workings or separate it from the executive if it was simply an arm of the state department, which is basically what it tells everyone it is.

To be clear: burger posting has nothing to do with posting about how the empire is run or why/how the empire conducts itself. It has to do with how the consequences affect the empires citizens or pagentries like elections or some random dude on twitters opinion.

Basically what I'm saying is - this is a good post.

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

ELTON JOHN posted:

been delayed until spring

Seems sensible to time it to the Arab Spring.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

looks like erdogan wasnt blustering out of his rear end like he usually does, the turks have now cancelled all energy deals with israel

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1717147174599827615?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

keep it up erdogan do more stuff like this and you might not be a total piece of poo poo as i thought you were

Watch the USA redirect all their LNG tanker ships going to the EU to Israel instead.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Pookah posted:

Anyone here able to do an actual translation of this?
I ran it through a machine translation, and I do not think it was very accurate:

Or are Pizza and meat and naan nests important parts of religious symbolism?

i just read it, the person who wrote this wasnt saying his own thoughts or anything about his intentions, this is a hadith about the battle of Khaybar، the person being addressed "Bani Zubayd" is the tribe from which many of the muslim fighters came from the battle of khaybar happened durinf the prohpet muhammads time when local jewish tribes were militarily harrassing the muslims and keeping them from spreading islams messages by killing messengers and raidingn caravans, so they sent a campaign to destroy their small fortresses. so its a hadith about taking defending yourself against an aggressor.

so this hamas fighter transcribed himself a hadith fron 1400 years ago to pump himself up for his heroic raid mission and the israelis are pushing it as if he wrote this as his own intentions to a guy called zubayd lol

israelis are such idiot nazi losers

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

libyan parliament demands an energy blockade against any coubtry that supports israel , and we demand all ambassadors of such states to leave the country

https://x.com/alarabytv/status/1717145144552567112?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

FlapYoJacks posted:

Israel is mega-ultra-turbo hosed.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Al-Saqr posted:

i just read it, the person who wrote this wasnt saying his own thoughts or anything about his intentions, this is a hadith about the battle of Khaybar، the person being addressed "Bani Zubayd" is the tribe from which many of the muslim fighters came from the battle of khaybar happened durinf the prohpet muhammads time when local jewish tribes were militarily harrassing the muslims and keeping them from spreading islams messages by killing messengers and raidingn caravans, so they sent a campaign to destroy their small fortresses. so its a hadith about taking defending yourself against an aggressor.

so this hamas fighter transcribed himself a hadith fron 1400 years ago to pump himself up for his heroic raid mission and the israelis are pushing it as if he wrote this as his own intentions to a guy called zubayd lol

Thank you very much, I assumed it was a gross misrepresentation good to have it confirmed as such.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

this is surprising, i know this is tucker carlson so anything he and his guest says should be assumed to be lies, but ive never heard a former US military officer outright say this, Douglas Mcgregor, a former pentagon officer, apparently american special forces actually went in with the israels to do their probing attacks recently, and according to him they were all blown apart pretty quickly

https://x.com/amansouraja/status/1717155227579634082?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

https://x.com/nypost/status/1717146518547743165?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Nice, dude.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Shageletic posted:

I never watched the videos bc I prefer not having ptsd but didn't they show killing of unarmed Israeli civilians.

Yes there are videos showing unarmed civilians getting killed, Hamas definitely did some of that

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/POTUS/status/1717156632549892196?s=20

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

this guy is literally talking like a Tzeenchian riddlemaster

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

just a big ol' fart

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
i formally denounce joseph robinette biden without equivocation

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

my sick notes just excuse me from work

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

to the people i am currently actively killing: you matter

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

you suck bitch

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

this is surprising, i know this is tucker carlson so anything he and his guest says should be assumed to be lies, but ive never heard a former US military officer outright say this, Douglas Mcgregor, a former pentagon officer, apparently american special forces actually went in with the israels to do their probing attacks recently, and according to him they were all blown apart pretty quickly

https://x.com/amansouraja/status/1717155227579634082?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

I choose to believe

dtia

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Also POTUS - "We will, without equivocation, support Israel"s genocide of Palestinians."

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I’m convinced that they’re gonna change every use of the word jihad

e: read more I see they already did lol

I figured that language would o ly make it into the second one to begin with lol

JAY ZERO SUM GAME has issued a correction as of 13:49 on Oct 25, 2023

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

we see you
we hear you
we're sending the bombs in anyway

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Al-Saqr posted:

breaking news: hamas fighters are dipping one-winged house flies in all Israeli drinks in order to give them deadly diseases

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

breaking news: hamas fighters are dipping one-winged house flies in all Israeli drinks in order to give them deadly diseases

heres hoping they never find out that the other wing has the cure

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Sancho Banana posted:

More banger propaganda just dropped
Not sure why they cropped out the background on this one

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1717114079720992848?t=5TSnOOQIjSPFACjj7IuS4g&s=19

all of this nonstop bullshit is expressed by the media as a "flurry of evidence"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Al-Saqr posted:

heres hoping they never find out that the other wing has the cure

🙏 inshallah