Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I had holding two defenses but I’ve managed to scoop up Dallas and KC so uh, cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Kendrick Bourne and Josh Downs are both on waivers, who should I try and target? After AJB, my wr depth that is not injured is Tank Dell(probably back this week)or Diontae Johnson. Gonna drop Pierce for one of them, he's not done crap all year, and I have three RB plus Monty ahead of him.

I was trying to make the same choice and I went with Downs. I’m trying to stay away from NE receivers. Their QB situation kind of sucks.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Chose Henderson over Kareem Hunt off waivers this week for my primo RB2 slot. Apologies in advance for how this will end up!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Oh good, Olave got arrested for a DUI on Monday. Might have a suspension incoming.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Oh good, Olave got arrested for a DUI on Monday. Might have a suspension incoming.

At least that would make my lineup decision easier.

And a big thank you to the owners who dropped the Eagles D last week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

He didn’t get a DUI, the NFL isn’t gonna suspend a guy for speeding. He’s fine.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

At least that would make my lineup decision easier.

And a big thank you to the owners who dropped the Eagles D last week.

I too snagged the Eagles. Although somehow in their first matchup vs the commanders they gave up 31 points and went to OT :confused: Divisional games, lol. Hopefully they clean that up

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

In a 2QB, 0.5PPR league and trying to upgrade one of my QBs because it's pretty dire. I'm currently sitting on Howell, Stroud, and Watson for QBs, and the Burrow owner is interested in a trade.

I also have some other WR and RB pieces I could work with:

RBs: Taylor, Pollard, Aaron Jones, Spears, Hubbard
WRs: Hill, ARSB, Puka, Addison, Godwin

Thinking I'd start with an offer of:

Howell + ARSB for Burrow and going to Stroud + ARSB if they want a little bit more.

Am I overpaying? Underpaying? I'm finding it hard to price Burrow at the moment.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Don’t give up Sun God for a slight QB upgrade.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Just a 70/35 speeding ticket. No DUI.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Just a 70/35 speeding ticket. No DUI.

Ok yahoo lied to me because the app was saying DUI this morning.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ok yahoo lied to me because the app was saying DUI this morning.

Nope. Reckless operation of a motor vehicle but not DUI. Here’s the video.

https://twitter.com/big_business_/status/1716928367407296747?s=20

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
My bad, dog

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Is Mattison droppable or does he need to be rostered? Tank Dell got dropped back when he got concussed and now that he's reportedly coming back I want to grab him, and Mattison has just been so disappointing and seems to be losing carries to Akers. I have a bunch of injured guys on my bench so my option is pretty much just him, unless there's some clarity on the D'Onta/Roschon situation in Chicago soon. For reference my RB squad right now is JT, Rachaad, Mattison, Foreman, Roschon, Monty (Q), and Kyren (IR), and my WRs are a AJ, CeeDee, Palmer, Rice, Downs, and JJ (IR).

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

ElectricRelaxation posted:

Is Mattison droppable

I sure hope not because after losing Chubb and Conner he’s my RB2!

I think he’ll still get fine work against weaker defenses but I wouldn’t expect more than 12-15 from him on a very good day.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Touches between Mattison and Akers are now 50-50 instead of Akers just spelling Mattison every once in a while. The Vikings don't have the kind of run offense to support two backs.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mattinson sucked when he was the bell cow. Now he’s splitting carries. I can’t bring myself to drop him due to sunk cost fallacy but it’s definitely a defendable decision.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hello, I lost by less than a point for the second time in one league, thank you Bijan!

Absolutely buried my nemesis in my other league though, feelin good about that Dustin Hopkins last minute pickup to slot in for Fairbairn’s Bye. Despite my team regularly putting up 130-160 points almost every week, I’m still firmly in second place with a 5-2 record and leading the league in points with 1,002 points for, to the 6-1 leader and reigning champion who hasn’t even broken 800 points yet because literally everyone except for me has completely poo poo their pants whenever they play his mediocre rear end team and it’s so infuriating :argh:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Purdy is concussed, time to enjoy Sam Darnold SZN?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I have a league where my RB group is in shambles due to the deaths of Nick Chubb and JK Dobbins. I'm currently cycling between Rachaad White, Kareem Hunt, and Gus Edwards.

My current WR stable is Puka, Adam Thielen, DK Metcalf, Garrett Wilson.

I can trade Adam Thielen and Garrett Wilson for Saquon and Diontae. Not sure that Thielen > DK is a huge downgrade and I get a significant upgrade to RB's. I do that, right?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

mega dy posted:

I have a league where my RB group is in shambles due to the deaths of Nick Chubb and JK Dobbins. I'm currently cycling between Rachaad White, Kareem Hunt, and Gus Edwards.

My current WR stable is Puka, Adam Thielen, DK Metcalf, Garrett Wilson.

I can trade Adam Thielen and Garrett Wilson for Saquon and Diontae. Not sure that Thielen > DK is a huge downgrade and I get a significant upgrade to RB's. I do that, right?

I'd do that.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

dxt posted:

I'd do that.

yeah I did it

edit: I think with that trade, the only remaining players that I drafted on my roster at all are Dak and DK Metcalf. What a shitshow.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Purely a bench/bye week transaction. T Spears for Godwin or Njgiba? Or just chill. I'm seeing trade rumors about Henry on ESPN but that's gotta be bullshit right?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

mega dy posted:

yeah I did it

edit: I think with that trade, the only remaining players that I drafted on my roster at all are Dak and DK Metcalf. What a shitshow.

It is a good trade

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/1717288053906010505

If him and Waddle are out I’m not sure if any Dolphins are startable lol

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm reluctantly hanging onto Spears for the lottery ticket hope but in my heart I know that if Henry got raptured tomorrow the Titans would run him up the tackle box until he breaks.

If someone offered me JSN I'd probably jump at it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bellmaker posted:

https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/1717288053906010505

If him and Waddle are out I’m not sure if any Dolphins are startable lol

Mostert, baby

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

kiimo posted:

Mostert, baby

Mostert is hurt too. The eagles didn't just beat the dolphins, they broke them.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1717284558717043124

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’m holding Spears everywhere but I fear he is going to be what Rachaad White was last year. A guy we hold all year waiting for the breakout and/or injury to the starter and it never happens. Or if it does the Titans suck so bad he is just like a low end RB2.

The same guy who offered me a bunch of lovely backups for Achane and Pollard sent me AJ Dillon for Spears tonight. lol. The Spears hype is making the rounds on the big podcasts and sites this week

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 26, 2023

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Dillon is widely available in most of my leagues, imagine thinking you can actually trade him for something lmfao

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Can I drop Purdy without feeling bad? He's going to be out this week, and then a bye, and I'm already carrying Burrow's dumb rear end. Short benches, IR spot occupied, would probably pick up an RB lotto ticket.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Freaquency posted:

Dillon is widely available in most of my leagues, imagine thinking you can actually trade him for something lmfao

I didn’t even bother to reply and he “upped” his offer to Zack Moss. Which seems more fair but also just pointless to do. He has Henry and wants to handcuff him so this all still feels one sided to his benefit. And I am annoyed by all his dumbass lowball opening offers so screw it

Someone dropped TLaw. I don’t have much FAAB left, is he a must grab? I am just streaming the Goffs and Staffords of the world right now and picking the wrong guy every time

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I only have CJ for Goff’s bye week, then I’m dropping him

Goff is Good™ and also I prefer consistency over explosiveness

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

Docjowles posted:

I didn’t even bother to reply and he “upped” his offer to Zack Moss. Which seems more fair but also just pointless to do. He has Henry and wants to handcuff him so this all still feels one sided to his benefit. And I am annoyed by all his dumbass lowball opening offers so screw it

Someone dropped TLaw. I don’t have much FAAB left, is he a must grab? I am just streaming the Goffs and Staffords of the world right now and picking the wrong guy every time

I'd rather have Goff. People talk about his home/road splits but two of those three games were against very good Baltimore and KC defenses, and that also conveniently overlooks a 350 yard, 2 TD showing at Tampa Bay. Meanwhile Trevor only just broke the 18 point mark, has only hit 280+ yards once, and has only thrown for more than one TD twice. He's just consistently mediocre.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

frantically editing waiver claims thanks for the input. Clearly I have no idea what to do at QB this year after all my initial picks bombed

Unrelated, survivor pool. Chargers at home at -8.5 seem like such an obvious pick. But also, the Chargers can 100000000% lose to the Bears and maybe this is the trap game of the year… probably still gonna do it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Not to home town hero too hard here, but if DET is available… they’re facing the Raiders and are mad as hell

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Freaquency posted:

I just picked up Dillon, can confirm nobody is touching him - my RBs are Mostert, Achane and Montgomery :( my RBs are gonna be a trash fire this week.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Not to home town hero too hard here, but if DET is available… they’re facing the Raiders and are mad as hell

Good call but I already used the Lions vs the Panthers in week 5

e: to avoid making this post 5 more times, I have used

Commanders, Giants, Patriots, Ravens, Lions, Rams, Seahawks

Most of the remaining players have burned some or all of Chiefs, Eagles, Bills, 49ers, Dolphins, Cowboys, so I feel pretty good. But it only takes one absurd upset as I well know. Chargers SHOULD get me another easy win and let me save the mega chalk teams. But if there is a team that is defined by losing dumbass games they should definitely win, it's also the Chargers, so :shrug:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 26, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Separate topic, just in case anyone was brain damaged enough to care. mcmagic is running away with the AFC East Sickos Only fantasy league. Where you can only roster guys who are in, or have ever been in, the AFCE. Tyreek Hill is so much better than anyone else that nothing else matters at any position

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Even Josh Allen vs the rest of the corpses?

I'd think Diggs would be at least somewhat close to Reek.