Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

Good for Erdogan. This is great news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

OctaMurk posted:

I wonder if this whole thing has put the king of jordan at risk of a coup. A lot of the soldiers must be fuming for the chance to fight israel and liberate palestine using actual tanks and fighter jets and poo poo, in view of the fact that a bunch of dudes on paragliders totally owned the Israeli army.

The creation of Jordan itself, as well as British, then American, policy towards it, is kinda-sorta wrapped up in the whole Zionist project, if I understand correctly. I see a bunch of books on it, but I haven't been able to work through any of them yet.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Normally wouldn't invest too much into something like this but Disco Elysium voice actor Felix Biederman retweeted it so

https://twitter.com/MichaKobs/status/1715617118354387046?s=20

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ringo Roadagain posted:

not sure how he can make that assessment of hamas

being a credulous stooge idk. regardless of the mainstream narrative basically parking their entire rear end on the scale for israels "heroism", everything hamas has done has seemed pretty well planned and executed, including winning the pr war, releasing hostages, treating them appropriately etc

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

ProfessorBooty posted:

Mass shooting in Maine.

Maybe they'll come out and say he was a Hamas supporter.

He’s a white dude who shot up a bowling alley

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Thanks turkey

Thurkey

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

PawParole posted:

He’s a white dude who shot up a bowling alley

Yeah, for hamas

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's sometimes difficult to distinguish international unrest from the low level omniviolence that is always present in Amrika.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

"For his support of a free palestine"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Ya for sure

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ringo Roadagain posted:

not sure how he can make that assessment of hamas

in order to make the claim that there's some kind of discord in Hamas, one would have to juxtapose the humanitarian treatment of their hostages and their alleged focus on certain political goals, with the alleged massacres that they perpetrated in the first days of the uprising

but in order to get there, you'd have to believe that the latter happened

which I don't, so

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Talking to an Indian coworker who briefly opined the whole crisis was fundamentally the fault of the Britishers, which, fair enough

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

StashAugustine posted:

Talking to an Indian coworker who briefly opined the whole crisis was fundamentally the fault of the Britishers, which, fair enough

The original ham sandwich race

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They make a desert and call it peace. loving hell.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

well poo poo i took genocide drugs

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

the PFLP put out a statement today saying the British played a "primary role" in the Nakba

Resistance News Network posted:

🔴 Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine:

Britain displaced our people and insists on annihilating them.

The statements and positions of the British government are nothing but an extension of its original crime that caused the Nakba of our people and led to the displacement of millions of Palestinians, insisting on completing the annihilation of our people, displacing those who remain and erasing them from existence.

The statements and positions of the British government are filled with colonial resentment and hatred towards our people, supporting, encouraging, and even pressuring for the annihilation of the Palestinians, through its persistence and insistence on opposing any positions calling for stopping the aggression and genocide.

The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine reminds the British government that our people and the Arab nation have not forgotten Britain's primary role in our displacement in 1948, granting our land to the zionist invaders, and manufacturing our historical tragedy. The current British stance should be held accountable, not just condemned and denounced. The Front calls on the masses of the Arab nation, freedom fighters of the world, and supporters of the Palestinian people to respond appropriately to such a brutal and aggressive stance.

The Front urges the Arab masses, forces supporting Palestinian rights, and all anti-colonial powers, to escalate their resistance against Britain, its interests, its embassies, and its military bases. This feeble specter cannot imagine that its way of regaining its reputation as an open colonial empire comes at the expense of the rights and blood of our people.

Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine
October 25, 2023.
(from t.me/PalestineResist/16654, via tgsa)

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

hes right

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Israel's right to exist?

more like Israel's right to suck poo poo

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Neurolimal posted:

Normally wouldn't invest too much into something like this but Disco Elysium voice actor Felix Biederman retweeted it so

https://twitter.com/MichaKobs/status/1715617118354387046?s=20

It sounds like hamas killed some idf and took hostages then the idf showed up and massacred nearly everyone.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
The military ammunition depots are empty, it's time for global revolution

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

smarxist posted:

The original ham sandwich race

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ok so I know what ham is, and I know what a sandwich is, but what the hell kind of a sandwich is wingham?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

StashAugustine posted:

ive been saying it

push england into the mf sea

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Mr Hootington posted:

Israel has been targeting medical professionals and journalists all day.

Unfortunately, it's much worse than that. There's no need to target anyone in particular when your killing everyone indiscriminately. We are just more likely to hear from people with connections to international media.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

What is Israel's strategy here? Obviously they'd prefer if they controlled Gaza and there were no more palestinians, but that's not going to happen. But with this level of death it exposes them to further radicalization on their borders and international isolation.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Fake news bots using Indian names and profile pictures are now spreading fake news saying the Maine mass shooter was Hamas.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
dont htink this is the place to talk about ham sandwiches at all

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Lostconfused posted:

Ok so I know what ham is, and I know what a sandwich is, but what the hell kind of a sandwich is wingham?

‘s chicken innit

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

ham sandwich and burgers the two biggest evils in the world

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

hadji murad posted:

lol

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Atrocious Joe posted:

the PFLP put out a statement today saying the British played a "primary role" in the Nakba

(from t.me/PalestineResist/16654, via tgsa)

Collusion Across the Jordan: King Abdullah, the Zionist Movement, and the Partition of Palestine (Full book in link)

This book is an account of the highly secret relationship between Abdullah, the Hashemite ruler of Jordan, and the Zionist movement. Spanning three decades, from the appointment of Abdullah as Emir in 1921 to his assassination in 1951, this work focuses on the clandestine diplomacy and the political and military processes which determined the fate of Palestine between 1947 and 1950, and which left the Palestinian Arabs without a homeland.

:thunk:

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
now a hamas sandwich I could get behind

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

These are the most historic photos I’ve ever seen. 70 years of the most brutal occupation the world has ever seen cannot break the human and fighting spirit of these people.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Zadok Allen posted:

These are the most historic photos I’ve ever seen. 70 years of the most brutal occupation the world has ever seen cannot break the human and fighting spirit of these people.

So David became Goliath

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

america uk europe and israel are the real axis of evil

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

Zadok Allen has issued a correction as of 04:19 on Dec 23, 2023

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

hadji murad posted:

ham sandwich (pejorative)

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

So David became Goliath

Always was (see the whole Bathsheba thing).

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

WSJ: HAMAS STRIKES THE HOMELAND

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 4 of "Armies of Sand"

I am going to be skipping over the section on Korea entirely, as that's a bit far afield from our topic at-hand. I will say that the author holds the Korean People's Army in quite high regard and considers their performance in that conflict to have been very good, and the final failure to crush the Pusan Perimeter was more about the American ability to rapidly shift forces along interior lines rather than anything lacking in KPA's military leadership or planning, and indeed that they benefited from the adoption of Soviet doctrine.

as a personal note, I'd never quite read anything detailed about the Angolan conflict before besides the fact that it happened and that Cuba sent forces to intervene, so I was grinning like an idiot at reading how this all went down

I acknowledge that this next bit is somewhat in the wheelhouse of forums poster PawParole, and I defer to them for any corrections or disputes

I am skipping over an account of further campaigns in Angola from 1976 to 1988, including the battle of Cuito Cuanavale, which is described as an absolutely masterful display of military prowess under the personal direction of Fidel Castro that humiliated South Africa to such a degree that they sought for negotiations afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

i fucvking forgot infected mushroom was israeli god drat, and the irony of the song picked

we are living in the loving most insane time, irony is dead