Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Alucard posted:

7 layer dipshit

Perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i need a new (large) dog bed cause the kirkland one we've had for many years got thrown up on and its not worth trying to clean. are any of the current ones they sell any good? it's hard to tell from the reviews and im not buying the $200 la-z-boy pet sofa.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thathonkey posted:

i need a new (large) dog bed cause the kirkland one we've had for many years got thrown up on and its not worth trying to clean. are any of the current ones they sell any good? it's hard to tell from the reviews and im not buying the $200 la-z-boy pet sofa.

I have a Great Dane and the round and square ones are both good yes.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Little late to pizza chat but I have an Ooni Karu. Everyone knows neapolitan pizzas are the poo poo, and that little thing pumps them out a minute at a time. I think Costco sells a gas-only Ooni.

edit: spelling

Also, I buy the pizza dough from Costco business center, it's made from New York water!

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 26, 2023

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Little late to pizza chat but I have an Ooni Karu. Everyone knows neapolitan pizzas are the poo poo, and that little thing pumps them out a minute at a time. I think Costco sells a gas-only Ooni.

Also, I buy the pizza dough from Costco business center, it's made from New York water!

Dear Lord, I am about to violate my lease agreement's balcony use permissions

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nfcknblvbl posted:

What’s the pizza dough name / what am I looking for?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Hed posted:

What’s the pizza dough name / what am I looking for?

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/lamonicas-pizza-dough-balls%2C-30-oz%2C-21-ct.product.11954332.html

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

New York water contains 4% hobo piss.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is the beef in those buckets separated into portions at all or is it just one hunk of frozen beef inside

It’s one big lump of sliced beef.

Need to go back for more beef bucket.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

bird with big dick posted:

New York water contains 4% hobo piss.

Maybe upstate/in LI, but NYC water is from carefully maintained aquifers with good natural filtration upstate. Hobo piss composition is well within standard tolerances.

Since my Costco is on the walk home from work I usually hit it up once a week or so just to see if anything cool has gone on clearance. Waiting for the hot honey to get the 7 of doom as I’m interested but not enough to pay full price. Also forlornly hoping we get the 505 hatches one day like how the store has bitchin’ sauce for about one week out of the year.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Bitchin' sauce has to be the biggest disappointment this thread gave me. It's too rich, and there's no way I could finish it.

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The hot honey is pretty meh. It’s just a little spicy with no real flavor. Cheap honey too, like the kind you get in stupid honey sticks. I’m not sure about the hobo piss content but I’m pretty sure there’s sugar water in it.

Get the local organic honey and put some cayenne in it.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Oh, that’s too bad; was thinking it might be cool as a sugar replacement in tteokbokki and such, also for use on apples (have a ton after going apple picking last weekend). Guess I’ll just gochugaru up some honey instead.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Going to the Co tomorrow to get my Polar seltz and these Bobby Irvine bars yall are talking about (I'm already well stocked on Jongga, of course)

How are these if anyone's had them:

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/cuisine-solutions-sliced-grass-fed-beef-sirloin%2C-1-lb-avg-wt.product.100358219.html

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

Going to the Co tomorrow to get my Polar seltz and these Bobby Irvine bars yall are talking about (I'm already well stocked on Jongga, of course)

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/cuisine-solutions-sliced-grass-fed-beef-sirloin%2C-1-lb-avg-wt.product.100358219.html

One of my favs, seriously. Kind of expensive, natch.

Serve it with some mashed potatoes, IMO

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Dear God do not let the 7 layer dipshit know about those

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I need to go back to costco today because I need more good boozes. I wonder if they have the meat tub... I hope they have the meat tub. Although, my chest freezer is pretty full of bags of frozen chicken parts already... maybe I need another chest freezer.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

El Jebus posted:

I need to go back to costco today because I need more good boozes. I wonder if they have the meat tub... I hope they have the meat tub. Although, my chest freezer is pretty full of bags of frozen chicken parts already... maybe I need another chest freezer.

I saw some nice upright freezers, full drawers top to bottom or you can remove individual drawers to have shelves for your frozen pizzas.

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I loving love my costco chest freezer. I bought it and my OLED TV in March of 2020 because I want to brag. I also bought a pack of Charmin that day when people were all bunched up in a line outside to get in.
Seriously though you gotta dig to the bottom of that sucker, I just did it the other day because I overspent and don't get to eat fresh food for a while.
There was costco stuff in there from about two years ago, some of it was even good.
On that note, ask me about being a hypocrite and doing the dirtiest keto because I'm poor now.

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
Question for our Costco Insiders.

I usually skip buying major electronics on Black Friday because they're often trash models brought in specifically for BF sales.

Is that the case with Costco? I need a new soundbar & TV. Would prefer a non-smart OLED TV but I don't even know if those are made by decent brands these days.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Szechwan posted:

non-smart OLED TV

I don't believe such a thing exists. What you can do though is simply not connect the tv to the network and use an external streaming device instead. I've never connected my LG C2 oled and it's never been an issue.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Enos Cabell posted:

I don't believe such a thing exists. What you can do though is simply not connect the tv to the network and use an external streaming device instead. I've never connected my LG C2 oled and it's never been an issue.

I never connected my TV (4 year old TCL) to Wi-Fi either and one day it popped up an ad for a currently streaming show on Amazon prime on the launcher screen. poo poo's unstoppable

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Yup. Just like I thought, you're describing a monitor.

https://www.costco.com/lg-ultragear-48%22-class-oled-uhd-gaming-monitor-with-%24100-digital-credit-included.product.4000180170.html

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

bird with big dick posted:

Making salsa Fresca to take to a friends house for Mexican night out of peppers and onions from Costco.

Bird with a big dip

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Bird with a big dip

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Bitchin' sauce has to be the biggest disappointment this thread gave me. It's too rich, and there's no way I could finish it.

:same:

Not my thing. :(

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Szechwan posted:

Question for our Costco Insiders.

I usually skip buying major electronics on Black Friday because they're often trash models brought in specifically for BF sales.

Is that the case with Costco? I need a new soundbar & TV. Would prefer a non-smart OLED TV but I don't even know if those are made by decent brands these days.

Costco doesn't traditionally do Black Friday deals - you should just be setting up a Slickdeals notification and monitoring that. It's also worth mentioning that brands sell Costco-specific models at Costco, but they're often the same as what you get at other stores.

Is there actually somebody out there that would consider buying a 48" OLED monitor just to avoid the smart TV component when they can get a 65" OLED TV for about the same price?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Tried the premade shepherd's pie for the first time last night and that is definitely going to be an at-least monthly meal. Very impressed.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Propaganda Hour posted:

I never connected my TV (4 year old TCL) to Wi-Fi either and one day it popped up an ad for a currently streaming show on Amazon prime on the launcher screen. poo poo's unstoppable

Ughh, yeah I think I recall hearing that TCL and possibly some other brands will actively search out unsecured wifi signals to connect to. LG hasn't gone that route (yet) but I'm sure it's inevitable at some point.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Enos Cabell posted:

Ughh, yeah I think I recall hearing that TCL and possibly some other brands will actively search out unsecured wifi signals to connect to. LG hasn't gone that route (yet) but I'm sure it's inevitable at some point.

Wtf?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Yes my tv comes with a WPA2-PSK decrypter, why do you ask?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

e: nm, found the thread

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Corb3t posted:

Is there actually somebody out there that would consider buying a 48" OLED monitor just to avoid the smart TV component when they can get a 65" OLED TV for about the same price?

Idk I thought this was a weird privacy thing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

Fantastic. They’re good as a sandwich.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

ayo im thinking of feeding a bunch of people smores

does regular costco have skewer sticks and blowtorches? Or do i gotta go to Business Center

https://www.costco.com/sharper-image-electric-s%27mores-maker.product.4000176876.html

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

:five:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

The Midniter posted:

Honestly you're not missing out, those tiramisu cups just aren't very good. Not enough coffee and too cakey.

the glass cups are more useful than the tiramisu was good

which, considering how much use I've gotten out of them (a lot) means some merely adequate tiramisu was a perfectly fine buy

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Psion posted:

which, considering how much use I've gotten out of them (a lot) means some merely adequate tiramisu was a perfectly fine buy

Strongly agree with this

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Still got like 4 in regular rotation for condiments/dips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Psion posted:

They are the perfect size for a small glass of whisky, and they stack which my old tumblers did not.