Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Onean posted:

Still wish it was just a permanent addition, though.

They might be worried it'll be a dead queue if it's always available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

quiggy posted:

Fall Guys collab details and rewards have been posted: https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/fallguys/

want that knit hat

Hopefully you get a decent amount of the event currency from each match. I'll probably feel an urge to get one of every unique thing and I doubt I'll have a good time if I need to farm hard for two months to do that.

It's a little funny that dye costs so much more than the actual event items, but probably a good sign that you'll get plenty of MGF just for participating.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Huh. Is the mount another 'the player transforms' one? I don't see a rider on it.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Arzaac posted:

Oh, true, it is a queued thing and not something like GATEs. That's understandable.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I met my bnuuy idol in frontline today :3:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Mordiceius posted:

Which MMO, past or present, would each Scion play?

Tataru plays EVE and her corporation owns half the galaxy

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

:thunk:

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

:thunkher:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

If their ears don't stick up through the center of the crown I'm gonna riot.

Then prepare to riot cause there's basically zero chance of this happening those ears aren't built to move (yet)

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

brb datamining the crown so i can mod in a stretchy wider crown that fits around the ears

e: the crown resting gently on top of the ears would also be acceptable yes i know this is impossible, let me dream

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Shrink the crown so it sits on top of one ear

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Have it just sort of dangle off of one

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

my impression with it being "irregularly run" is it'll end up being like a seasonal event, expect not necessarily tied to a specific holiday or season (except maybe always appearing during Make it Rain?).

it'd be interesting if they started making other collab events cycle like this too - at least ones that they haven't already added to the cash shop like the ff13 weapons.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Arzaac posted:

like deep dungeons?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
FF11 and DQ events are already rotating, aren't they?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I hope they mean rotating as in more than every two or so years

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

breaking brick mountains and the maiden's rhapsody have popped up a few times since their initial run, but they weren't earmarked for reruns like this fumble fellas one.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Does anyone wear any of the AF gear for glams? I usually wore them when I hit lvl 89 and was really excited to be at the end and they've been languishing in my dresser for years now—also, a special shout out to the GNB jacket which is cool and good.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Alder posted:

Does anyone wear any of the AF gear for glams? I usually wore them when I hit lvl 89 and was really excited to be at the end and they've been languishing in my dresser for years now—also, a special shout out to the GNB jacket which is cool and good.

Most definitely, especially with Endwalker's artifact armor which I think has the most consistent winners of any expac's AF armor. I used a lot of them for a good long while until I made a conscious effort to build new glams, but even now I still use BRD and DNC's EW AF armor.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Alder posted:

RDM has incredibly stylish AF gear on every expansion

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Alder posted:

I do! I'm leveling DRK/SMN/SCH right now and doing trusts they just vomit gear at you, so instead of rocking the murderhobo look I use the job gear. SCH has had some really good sets I gotta say.

WAR/WHM/RDM are next. I break up the tedium by rotating them every trust and they stay equally leveled!

E: Hell even outside of trusts I use the lvl89 DNC AF with the survival shorts. I pretend it's the AF pants honestly, since CBU3 doesn't want to show dude dancer legs.

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 27, 2023

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Monk has some excellent AF gear, especially in StB and ShB.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Monk maybe has my fav set of AF gear. They all have different vibes and most are good! A lot of the others feel pretty samey.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I just can't make myself use AF gear. It feels like to going to see a band while wearing a t-shirt for the band.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Alder posted:

I use the ilvl 90 WHM one. HW, SB and EW all have great AST glams still. I'll occasionally use the warrior ones as well depending on what tank I'm preferring around that time.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I still wear the dye-able monk AF chest from ShB, it's just so good.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I really should use the AST HW hat more

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Not long ago I came in here (or one of the ff14 threads) and asked for resources on RDM rotation and got a few suggestions. I watched some videos, went to the Balance discord and read further, and incorporated what i learned into my rotation. There were three things I changed. 1) I was saving up for two combos because I thought 1.5 combos with Embolden was better than firing a combo every time I just happened to have a combo. This turned out to be wrong. 2) I began using embolden more often. 3) I wasn't using acceleration and started doing that.

Since I don't do extremes or savages (I tend to play high and I"m just too slow on reaction times for those tiers) I only have alliance raids uploaded to fflogs. I was doing an average of ~45th percentile (white parse) with occasional dips into low 50s (blue parse) on certain bosses. After my most recent Aglaia run though, I was so confident that my optimizations had paid off that I told my friend "I think if someone uploads that it'll be pure blue parses." Well someone did upload it and I moved from 45th percentile to 89th (purple). I'm nearly a top 10% red mage! That's a hell of an improvement. I just need to finish upgrading my gear and tighten up my rotation a bit and I'm sure I'll get there.

Thanks to everyone who suggested guides for me to check out. They were objectively very helpful.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

that's cool to hear!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I rocked EW WHM AF as a glam for a while.

The only reason I switched and the only reason I don't do it more is limited glamour plates.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Electric Phantasm posted:

RDM has incredibly stylish AF gear on every expansion

Yeah, I was gonna say, the EW AF chest is part of my RDM glam because I love the cape.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I almost always run bits of the (Virtu) Ravager's set, especially the gloves, when I make WAR glams.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I'm using the Samurai AF gear but I think that's mostly because EW hasn't really had good armor models outside of the maiming and fending troian set.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, I was gonna say, the EW AF chest is part of my RDM glam because I love the cape.

Yup, I'm using the hat with the jacket from the Ameliance deliveries, both dyed wine red. It kicks rear end.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I think out of all the EW AF sets, the most common one I see worn around is actually Dancer. That might partially be hanging around the roleplaying scene, though; Dancer's dyes really well, and is good for matching with other outfits.

Thinking about it, the struggle with most of the EW AFs might be that they're a little too detailed and iconic like that; it doesn't quite look right to try to mix parts of them with other sets, so you kinda have to go all-or-nothing.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I really should use the AST HW hat more

The HW AST set is still unbeaten for the class.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

i main dancer, but I've essentially never used its af or class-specific gear

its just absolutely not the look for me - i glam it when i have to use it, I'm not some kind of harem escapee

i try to use af gear in plates when i can and when the look works for me (sorry warrior, i am not going to dress my gawky, gangly elezen lady as a barbarian), but the necessity to have glam plates that can apply to every job within a gearset makes it difficult

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sure, as far as Halloween outfits go it's pretty low-effort since it overwrites all the gear slots, but it's not too common these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The ShB Gunbreaker gear is my permanent main glam, along with the Shaded Spectacles.