Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They should move Henry for sure

Glad everyone is finally realizing the Titans are the worst team in the division now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Titans gonna tank for Marvin Harrison Jr., The Mayo King needs weapons.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I don’t think the Titans will have a top 5 pick next year. Vrabel is not the tanking type and we’ll still find four or so more wins.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Soul Glo posted:

I don’t think the Titans will have a top 5 pick next year. Vrabel is not the tanking type and we’ll still find four or so more wins.

LOL

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

There must be more titans fans on SA than any place online

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I’m going to the titans falcons game this upcoming weekend. My buddy will be wearing his byard jersey.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Undoubtedly

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

If LA had any football teams in the late 90s/early 2000s, I'd probably be on a very different trajectory, but they didn't, so here I am.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
it's sweet rooting for a team that throws in the towel during week 7 on a bye

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Pimpcasso posted:

it's sweet rooting for a team that throws in the towel during week 7 on a bye

Well, they got one look at Malik Willis moving around and went, "oh, okay."

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://twitter.com/BussinWTB/status/1716813311516533208?t=GC2Y2Ey4ogWpkBF1p-ebkw&s=19

👖 jeans 👖 jeans 👖

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Hell yeah let’s see what we got

11 game length come to Jesus meeting, take an honest stock and get me to the draft already please

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Every day that the Titans delay on starting an earnest top-to-bottom rebuild is a good day for me

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

JT Jag posted:

Every day that the Titans delay on starting an earnest top-to-bottom rebuild is a good day for me

BUT VRABEL AND HENRY

please give us Autry for peanuts, thank you. I'd like him back on my team.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 24, 2023

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

JT Jag posted:

EvilBeard posted:

BUT VRABEL AND HENRY

please give us Autry for peanuts, thank you. I'd like him back on my team.

the posts of some scared bitches freaked out that the titans are gonna gently caress around and get caleb willilams :smugdog:

Seriously, though, Vrabel's had the talent the past few years of making the defense play better than they should through the latter part of the season until everyone gets injured and chokes away stuff, so it wouldn't surprise me if the Titans pick up some wins they shouldn't. It'll be tough to plummet faster than the Panthers, but here's hoping.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

If nothing else, the Byard trade suggests Tennessee might stockpile picks for a potential trade up. I doubt the Titans are gonna get a Top 5 pick since there's so many other horrible teams as is, but they might get some more trade capital to go after Penix or whoever else if the opportunity comes up.

Or maybe Will Levis is the next Tom Brady and we'll trade up for MH Jr instead and win six Super Bowls with that duo. Who knows, always good to keep options open.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Probably Magic posted:

the posts of some scared bitches freaked out that the titans are gonna gently caress around and get caleb willilams :smugdog:

Seriously, though, Vrabel's had the talent the past few years of making the defense play better than they should through the latter part of the season until everyone gets injured and chokes away stuff, so it wouldn't surprise me if the Titans pick up some wins they shouldn't. It'll be tough to plummet faster than the Panthers, but here's hoping.

I said the Titans should've tanked in the offseason. It's all the delusional Titans fans thinking they can't tank because they have Vrabel and Henry, meaning they'll win 12 games by themselves. The reality is the Titans had a pretty barren stretch of impact in the drafts, and the offense has deterioriated to the point they need to add talent everywhere. In reality, the only place they were above average was DL and RB. They should've traded Tanny preseason where he still had value due to his age, and parted out guys like Byard, Autry, etc. Just play the young guys, rebuild and add the best talent you can for a few seasons until you get to a level of talent that you dive into FA to augment the young talent you stockpiled in the draft.

The Titans don't need a Top 5 pick, as long as they're top 10 and they can amass talent at all levels, they'll be moving forward. It's better than being stagnant and continuing to have the few talented players you have age out of their prime while surrounded by meh that Vrabel has to make look decent.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 24, 2023

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

EvilBeard posted:

I said the Titans should've tanked in the offseason. It's all the delusional Titans fans thinking they can't tank because they have Vrabel and Henry, meaning they'll win 12 games by themselves. The reality is the Titans had a pretty barren stretch of impact in the drafts, and the offense has deterioriated to the point they need to add talent everywhere. In reality, the only place they were above average was DL and RB. They should've traded Tanny preseason where he still had value due to his age, and parted out guys like Byard, Autry, etc. Just play the young guys, rebuild and add the best talent you can for a few seasons until you get to a level of talent that you dive into FA to augment the young talent you stockpiled in the draft.

The Titans don't need a Top 5 pick, as long as they're top 10 and they can amass talent at all levels, they'll be moving forward. It's better than being stagnant and continuing to have the few talented players you have age out of their prime while surrounded by meh that Vrabel has to make look decent.

Agree with a lot of this, why I was annoyed more o-line depth wasn't added in the draft. Trading Tanny isn't the right play, the whole trend of seeing what young QBs have game 1 seems to lead to more duds than successes, or to stuff like ARich dying early. There isn't that much appetite for an aging QB who's had an Alex Smith-esque career, I think, or not enough appetite to justify giving up that kind of veterancy for the future star. I just don't have a lot of hope in a GM who thought Levis was the answer to any need whatsoever. It really didn't keep in mind that the team has a lot more concerns than just the pass game.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

EvilBeard posted:

I said the Titans should've tanked in the offseason. It's all the delusional Titans fans thinking they can't tank because they have Vrabel and Henry, meaning they'll win 12 games by themselves.

I’m not sure who is saying that but it isn’t anyone in reality. Maybe the bleating sports oaf posters are the ones I have on ignore. Big jeff

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Probably Magic posted:

Agree with a lot of this, why I was annoyed more o-line depth wasn't added in the draft. Trading Tanny isn't the right play, the whole trend of seeing what young QBs have game 1 seems to lead to more duds than successes, or to stuff like ARich dying early. There isn't that much appetite for an aging QB who's had an Alex Smith-esque career, I think, or not enough appetite to justify giving up that kind of veterancy for the future star. I just don't have a lot of hope in a GM who thought Levis was the answer to any need whatsoever. It really didn't keep in mind that the team has a lot more concerns than just the pass game.

I'm not even saying you had to start Levis day 1. Start Willis. Hell, you could've kept Dobbs and moved on from Tanny, then had the Willis/Levis combo in your back pocket.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I’m not sure who is saying that but it isn’t anyone in reality. Maybe the bleating sports oaf posters are the ones I have on ignore. Big jeff

It wasn't addressing only posters in this thread. There are a ton of Titans fans online who think that Vrabel + Henry is double digit wins no matter what. I follow multiple youtube channels and titans podcasts who kinda believe they're gonna be in the AFCCG despite having an OL held together with paper clips and rubber bands and a WR core that wouldn't start for most teams in the league.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 24, 2023

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

My only thoughts on Vrabel is that he WILL win games you don’t expect him to, but that’s based on what he’s done before the wheels fell off last season. The dude has constantly over-performed with this team despite record setting injuries, until it just got to be too much, and even with Josh Dobbs, they were one play away from playoffs last year.

That’s why I fully suspect we’ll win a few-handful more games (including in division) and put us firmly out of the best picks next draft.

I also do not believe the guy who said he’d cut his dick off to win a Super Bowl is willing to tank. He’s a former player with 3 Super Bowl rings. He’s not going to passively submit to being lovely.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

EvilBeard posted:

I'm not even saying you had to start Levis day 1. Start Willis. Hell, you could've kept Dobbs and moved on from Tanny, then had the Willis/Levis combo in your back pocket.

I dunno, I like the idea of the QB of the Future(TM) learning from someone who isn't a journeyman or a stable of broken toys. Especially since I don't think our QB development has been great so far, so any leg up in that regard would help. And what value are we getting back? A third rounder? All the eggs on that QB of the Future(TM) basket, hope it isn't Jake Locker again? Retaining Tanny is the right move, IMO.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I don’t really know how much active learning goes on between veteran quarterback and rookie quarterback tbh. I’m sure that relationship exists somewhere, it seems to in a few episodes of Hard Knocks between Rodgers and Wilson but in most of these scenarios I’m not sure a veteran quarterback in a contract year is going to be spending time and energy helping the dude(s) vying for his job.

Go back to last year when reporters asked Tanny if he would be mentoring Willis, and he rightfully said “if he learns from watching me, then great, but that’s not my job.” Even Vrabel this year said it’s tough to get young QBs valuable reps with the first team because you’re trying to get QB1 ready to win this week’s game.

I agree you should not throw rookies into the meat grinder if you can help it, but I’m unconvinced it matters who you have starting over them wrt their development, beyond what they learn by passively watching. And if they’re a rookie you’re hoping to start soon, chances are all they learn by watching is what NOT to do, so maybe having a lovely, cheap QB in there is actually not the worst move.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Soul Glo posted:

I also do not believe the guy who said he’d cut his dick off to win a Super Bowl is willing to tank. He’s a former player with 3 Super Bowl rings. He’s not going to passively submit to being lovely.

I don't think you have to sell Vrabel on a "tank" job. Just tell him you don't have the talent, the team has to get younger and more talented. Gonna start young guys and see if they sink or swim. Teach em up, add more talent via the draft. Vrable gets to be a teacher, which I think he is on board with.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I think the Titans had a decent plan overall. See how well they could do with the current roster, and if they're competitive, hey, go for it. Since they're not (the losses have been bad, and only the Bengals win was dominant) and since the other AFCS teams all look decent (I think Colts and Texans could still overtake the Jags to win the division, if not at least snag a WC spot), better to surrender now, commit to a rebuild, and see what the young QBs can do.

If anything, I think the beginning of the end was trading AJ Brown, as the threat of him was a lot of what let Henry work so well. I think Hopkins still has a lot left in him, but Tanny didn't give him enough of a chance to work, and if he wants to ditch us and ring chase at this point I definitely don't blame him.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

EvilBeard posted:

There are a ton of Titans fans online

Factually inaccurate I’m afraid

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Factually inaccurate I’m afraid

seconded

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
am i an eagles fan

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Yes.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

This is because I haven't worn my Byard Titans jersey enough this year isn't it.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I bought a Derrick Henry jersey this year

I brought this impending trade with the Ravens upon my team

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Yeah aside from being traded in the division the ravens are definitely the worst case scenario lol

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'd rather not trade Henry at all, but if we need to, Bengals would be the funniest option to screw over the Ravens imo (because gently caress the Browns and Steelers).

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

can i have whoever's your best tight end. if they're like 25th best in the league or better

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

big jeff

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Cavauro posted:

big jeff

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Titans lads: I’ve never tailgated at a titans game before but my friends are interested in doing that this weekend. Any tips? Looks like parking passes for the lots right by the stadium run about $160, which isn’t terrible split four ways. We’re also talking about sticking around after the game to watch the Mexico GP at a bar so it might make more sense to park across the river, but then we’re screwed on the front end.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Nashville is a hive of scum, villainy and bad tomato-based barbecue, I wouldn't bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

JT Jag posted:

Nashville is a hive of scum, villainy and bad tomato-based barbecue, I wouldn't bother

My bbq sauce is 12 oz ketchup, bottle of white vinegar, black pepper, white pepper, turmeric, garlic. Boil it, keep it in the refrigerator.