Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

AnEdgelord posted:

being a productive member of society is a scam

smoke weed everyday

yeah I don't want to be productive that's for chumps, I want to eat cheese curls and watch old films

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
I just take a 2mg gummy and I’m good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

RadiRoot posted:

yeah

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

To put it another way, the question is why do you feel the need to remove that volatility? Is the supposedly volatile data actually making it hard to understand the underlying situation, or is that data just allowing people to reach conclusions that don't fit your narrative? If crucial real-world data is making it too hard for you to prove your point, then maybe your point is wrong.

I think it’s a mix. I think the ones like Krugman want a line they can clearly look at and go here is an inflection point, this is the peak, etc.

I’m not sure they realize that is also constructing a narrative, I think they think they are getting at the real trend underlying within the data. The real shady thing is to then take a conclusion that is very specific with very specific restrictions from the data and then to conflate it with the whole.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

RadiRoot posted:

i need about 80-100

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I love weed but the next day I don’t want to do poo poo so I have to lay off. :smith:

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

in my less proud moments i went through 6g of dispos in like 11 days lmao

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Spaced God posted:

in my less proud moments i went through 6g of dispos in like 11 days lmao

:stare:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wasn’t there an old reason to not include “volatiles” so industrial organizations or firms could get a clear picture of costs to make investment decisions

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Nice and hot piss posted:

ends up accomplishing absolutely nothing, followed by waking up and feeling generally "blah.. I don't wanna do anything today"
yeah work sucks and i hate wasting my life on dumb bullshit

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

AnEdgelord posted:

being a productive member of society is a scam

smoke weed everyday

*points*
Capitalist

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Maed posted:

i need about 80-100

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Maed posted:

yeah I don't want to be productive that's for chumps, I want to eat cheese curls and watch old films

*points*
capitalist

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

*paddy Wagon shows up with 200 cops from the 1940's pop out*

GET EM BOYS!!

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

in DC I bought this 800mg nerds rope and it was so tasty I ate a third of it and that was an interesting night

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Maed posted:

in DC I bought this 800mg nerds rope and it was so tasty I ate a third of it and that was an interesting night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G70-Bp6kHGU

This you

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Generally, it's one of the safest recreational drugs that we have out there.

That being said: there's research, limited but statistically significant correlations between mental health disorders and individuals of a young age who utilize pot. Coincidentally, there's an increased risk for anxiety, depression and the occasional psychotic even that has been documented with heavy marijuana use. Along with just the generalized anxiety and inhibiting factor that comes with THC use, there's always a risk of some adverse effects.

And of course the ever loving: hyperemesis cannabinoid syndrome, which is caused by THC use and subsequently having people end up in cyclic vomiting cycles. Note: if you've ever had someone you know who started puking uncontrollably, but would feel some relief with hot showers, they potentially could have had this, especially if they use/abused THC.

From a personal standpoint: I am in no way shape or form wanting to talk smack on marijuana, I'm super happy that it's becoming legal across the U.S and am hoping that some day it will be federally decriminalized. But many people who utilize it recreationally that I've talked with mention that the day of, and the day after use they are incredibly lazy and are not productive at all. Obviously I've heard the opposite with people who use it, that they feel more productive throughout the day. I would say that if you take an honest look at yourself, and if you are the kind of person who gets high and ends up accomplishing absolutely nothing, followed by waking up and feeling generally "blah.. I don't wanna do anything today" then it's not the best drug to try and be a productive member of society.

iirc there's also rumblings about heavy/chronic use being responsible for attention deficits and emotional dysregulation

also lol when i was on chemo i quickly (like within 3 months) built up enough tolerance to the point that dabs just made me a little sweaty. it was like a party trick

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

wait I can make money making youtube videos about me being dumb with drugs? I was on DA JOOSE train in college too but never bought a grand piano for my 5th floor walkup

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

thats a weird dildo

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

spiritual bypass posted:

thats a weird dildo

turn your monitor on

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

spiritual bypass posted:

thats a weird dildo

That is because it is butt only.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Maed posted:

i need about 80-100

that would kill me.

if I feel groggy next day I just find another edible brand to try out. there’s enough variety in the market that works for me. low doses feel great and relaxing. I don’t need to be blasted.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Maed posted:

i need about 80-100

Jesus Christ dude

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

there are tcc goons who take like 200mg regularly lol

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

It's insane how much a normal/standard diet, and abstaining from things like...Alcohol, Drugs, Weed and so fourth can make you feel so much better.

People obviously glamorize the drinking/drug/staying up late culture, but god damnit I love going to sleep by 9P.M and wake up at 5 A.M to walk my malinois and feel like a billion dollars for the rest of the day.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk about healthy living

BORING I WANNA PARTY

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

RadiRoot posted:

what the gently caress

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Maed posted:

I usually do 400mg a day u guys are funny

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
everyone knows that the most enjoyable years of your life are at the end. you don’t want to spoil that by drinking when you are younger. the world keeps getting consistently better every day and you don’t want to miss out.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Maed posted:

i need about 80-100

Maed posted:

ram dass in hell posted:

I usually do 400mg a day u guys are funny

Addiction

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

lmao as if that's a "boomer" generation thing. I've watched so many people from the ages of 16 to 65 come in absolutely smashed, become combative pieces of poo poo in the emergency department and subsequently either piss themselves, poo poo themselves, or poo poo/piss on the floor.

I'll just let em sit in it if they're being combative. If they get super squirrely a nice dosing of Ativan, Benadryl and Haldol intramuscularly quickly turns their shithead personality off. Once I know I'm not going to have to wrestle someone in their own feces I'm all for cleaning em up, and usually throwing em in a depends diaper as they'll usually pee once more during their "metabolism to freedom"

god drat I loving hate the general population

Its definitely not just boomers. I remember that one because I've never seen 30+ lbs of poo poo come out of someone before. I was research but being the only large man working adjacent to the ER meant I got called constantly for agiated patients. Hospital couldn't keep security or get ER techs because they wouldn't pay more than 9$/hr.

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

to making bad posts

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
booze and drugs are tools of the shareholder elites to subdue and pacify the working class to their immiserated working conditions and exploitation

street doc
Feb 20, 2019

I prefer ether. Alcohol is the devils drink.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

street doc posted:

Yeah which is why it rules, me and beelzebub go back to small times together

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

street doc posted:

True gentlemen prefer laudenum of course

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

19 o'clock posted:

everyone knows that the most enjoyable years of your life are at the end. you don’t want to spoil that by drinking when you are younger. the world keeps getting consistently better every day and you don’t want to miss out.

I'm in my twenties so very bold of you to assume the world will allow me to get to that point

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

simply avoid the feeling of excess lethargy the day after by getting weeded up every day

sobriety is for nerds (derogatory), feeling different inside yourself is for nerds (admiring)

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Christmas without brandy and Easter without zubrowka just feel wrong.

I’m going to dismiss that article as fake news.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

booze and drugs are tools of the shareholder elites to subdue and pacify the working class to their immiserated working conditions and exploitation

Thats sucks. Anyway pass the pacifier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i was joking. though i'm actually not so sure there isn't some kernel of truth to that. i know way too many people who put up with poo poo working conditions and stolen labor-value as long as they can go home and "unwind with a 12-pack" every night after work.

bad day at work? don't talk to your coworkers and unionize, drink your sorrows away instead like a Real American Self-made Man