Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Porfiriato posted:

Lol, of course it's the Wizards.

predictions_that_aged_poorly.txt

They started 5-1, so it worked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Lol

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Lockback posted:

Lively out-playing Wemby is funny and I don't think anyone thinks he'll have a better career, but so far in pre-season and in game 1 Lively looks pretty good! Like right now he's probably more of an x factor off the bench as I am not sure I'd trust 30 minutes of defense every single game, but he's got energy and not afraid of doing things and doesn't seem bothered by NBA speed and athleticism which are all the most important things you reasonably can hope for out of a 19 year old center.

Be optimistic about him.
On the other hand it made Mark Cuban happy so

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Incredible

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Athanatos posted:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1717645194319786128

Harden calling the NBA going "Load Management!!" as the next step of his "Get Traded" plan

Taking AD's gambit to the next level, this is why Harden is the master of this.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

help, help, im being load managed

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Rick posted:

Taking AD's gambit to the next level, this is why Harden is the master of this.

James Harden is the most incredibly petty human being on earth.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Shear Modulus posted:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol Harden trade drama is the best drama

quote:

Initially, staying back was interpreted as a suggestion rather than a mandate, sources say. Harden proceeded to participate in portions of the session with the intention of joining the the team on the flight to Milwaukee that afternoon.

After practice, Harden arrived at the fixed-base operator airport to board the team flight, but he was stopped by a security official who notified him that he was not permitted to accompany the team, sources say.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

morey's lost to harden before and nick nurse has never faced an adversity like this in his life. they were fools to challenge the master in his own realm

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Harden: "hey yo Adam I tried to play but they wouldn't let me on the plane therefore I'm owed all my money"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Harden: "hey yo Adam I tried to play but they wouldn't let me on the plane therefore I'm owed all my money"

how is everyone involved with this process making the worst possible decisions at every turn?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

harden got himself put on a no fly list truly the GOAT

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/cavs/status/1717678404785394055 rip

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i admit i doubted the flop rule would work. but i already love it

https://twitter.com/OfficialNBARefs/status/1717585075531812968

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Dame

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

I mean, unironically yes.

This is an absolutely a healthy scratch of a "star" player (by NBA definition). 76ers should be fined or the new rule is toothless.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

traded all that for dame just to beat the harden-less 76ers by 1 smh

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Dame is insane

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

At the time they did not know they were talking poo poo about their GM

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Nurkic looking like modern day Kendrick Perkins

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Metapod posted:

but many people are saying hes a much better fit for this team than ayton was, despite being worse on offense, worse on defense, and missing half his games

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i think every single scoring play in the last 4 minutes the lakers had was nurkics fault lol

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Classic Nurk

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Metapod posted:

Kendrkic Nurkins

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

creamcorn posted:

Kendrkic Nurkins

Lmao

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Instead of the Suns having one guy they can point at and say he didn’t give us anything, the Suns now have 3 guys they can do that with

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Live by the Nurk... well, okay, that's already a hard premise to swallow before you get to the other part.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm glad the wolves winning resulted me in remembering the KG dancing dad because that's definitely in America's Top 10 Moments to be Proud Of.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

creamcorn posted:

Kendrkic Nurkins

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don't think I'll ever get used to Thursdays and Tuesdays being like only 2-3 games a night.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Athanatos posted:

The city jerseys must sell well because every year they get dragged and yet every year they keep putting out more

i also think they must sell well, not because they look good but because the opposite, they look ugly and Unique. aside from the novelty, i suspect a speculator's market exists for memorabilia. one already exists for sneakers no? that if a player hits a milestone on a night where they wear a city jersey, a signed edition of that jersey can be resold to either a later speculator or a fanatic collector, authentic or forged hardly matters.

the nba got into and out of nft's pretty dang fast, i guess it would be more likely you can convince an average passerby to care about an ugly christmas sweater.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
People collect things.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

temple posted:

People collect things.

i used to think art and fashion was meant to look good, and now i do not was my point. i'm sorry i'm long-winded

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
My main takeaways from last nights game were that the people saying Durant is washed (yes, really) are septic. I hope these teams get a playoff matchup

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

TDepressionEarl posted:

i used to think art and fashion was meant to look good, and now i do not was my point. i'm sorry i'm long-winded
People have agonized over them for the past week. It's a valid complaint but overblown. Especially because I can't get these jerseys most times

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im saying Durant is washed (yes, really)

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Septic fart simpson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
How is Lebron a real person