Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i am a moron posted:

How is Lebron a real person

Smythe posted:

i think like those pre-contact african tribal villages are what default settings homo sapiens look like. its crazy that dudes like that and john cena are the same species. i stood next to lebron once and it blew my mind that we were the same animal more or less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/StephNoh/status/1717899866238562806?s=20

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

fart simpson posted:

but many people are saying hes a much better fit for this team than ayton was, despite being worse on offense, worse on defense, and missing half his games

I've always maintained Ayton was a bad fit due to vibes-based reasons, not necessarily basketball reasons.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

My main takeaways from last nights game were that the people saying Durant is washed (yes, really) are septic. I hope these teams get a playoff matchup

Durant is not washed skill wise, but he's averaged playing like 30 games a year for a bit now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

i am a moron posted:

How is Lebron a real person

Steroids

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I feel like if Dame can average 10 free throws in every fourth quarter, the Bucks will be pretty good. I like that they got him for a very particular reason and he did exactly that thing in his first game with the team. As Pokey the Penguin says, I love it when a plan comes together

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
When Ayton is in the post he can't tell if there's anyone between him and the rim or not. His man can have fallen down or left to get a burger and he will still turn away from the basket towards the middle of the paint because he cannot tell the difference.

In this one area at least I believe Nurkic can be an improvement.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

nikosoft posted:

I've always maintained Ayton was a bad fit due to vibes-based reasons, not necessarily basketball reasons.

Basketball reasons wise, Nurk seems more willing to pass, screen and rebound which the Suns need more than another guy that can take contest two's well. Defense is weaker, but he's putting in more effort than Ayton was last the two years.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
lol

https://twitter.com/MikeVorkunov/status/1717573137213096077?s=20

OzFactor posted:

I feel like if Dame can average 10 free throws in every fourth quarter, the Bucks will be pretty good. I like that they got him for a very particular reason and he did exactly that thing in his first game with the team. As Pokey the Penguin says, I love it when a plan comes together

https://twitter.com/Stoltzy3/status/1717744728467194019?s=20

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Nurkic will randomly commit 3 incredibly stupid fouls, removing himself from the game, even when he's not injured. It's fine for the regular season but good luck in the playoffs where every game is huge.

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug

Papercut posted:

Nurkic will randomly commit 3 incredibly stupid fouls, removing himself from the game, even when he's not injured. It's fine for the regular season but good luck in the playoffs where every game is huge.

My favorite Nurk thing was when he would get frustrated at a no call, take a HUGE sigh, bow his head and wag it back forth a bit, and then commit a stupid foul five seconds later. It was a magical bit of sports theater.

But maybe he'll be in a better space with Durant and Booker? Blazers will miss his playmaking this year. I do hope he stays healthy, he seems like a cool, fun guy and he has cool exotic cats.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

snyprmag posted:

Basketball reasons wise, Nurk seems more willing to pass, screen and rebound which the Suns need more than another guy that can take contest two's well. Defense is weaker, but he's putting in more effort than Ayton was last the two years.

Buddy you're not seeing effort you're seeing desperation to stay in the play and nurkic just couldn't last night

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Bachtere posted:

My favorite Nurk thing was when he would get frustrated at a no call, take a HUGE sigh, bow his head and wag it back forth a bit, and then commit a stupid foul five seconds later. It was a magical bit of sports theater.

But maybe he'll be in a better space with Durant and Booker? Blazers will miss his playmaking this year. I do hope he stays healthy, he seems like a cool, fun guy and he has cool exotic cats.

It's always a reach in. ALWAYS. Mad about some no-call at one end so he swipes at the ballhandler like he's actually gonna take the ball away and then reacts in disbelief.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The Nurkic whiplash over the last 48 hours ITT

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Nurkic may not be good but he also isn’t going to be the living embodiment of the I DONT WANT TO BE HERE tweet like ayton was for the last couple seasons so I’m going to give him some grace :)

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Metapod posted:

Buddy you're not seeing effort you're seeing desperation to stay in the play and nurkic just couldn't last night

he got toasted by an austin reaves dribble drive!! he has enes freedom level of lateral movement.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Lockback posted:

The Nurkic whiplash over the last 48 hours ITT

It’s just the usual slap fight lol

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

creamcorn posted:

Kendrkic Nurkins

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Still one of my favorite bball moments this year. I was watching the game live and thought I was just going crazy for the first few free throws.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuLN2kxoYv8

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Still one of my favorite bball moments this year. I was watching the game live and thought I was just going crazy for the first few free throws.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuLN2kxoYv8

Imagine the alternate universe where DeMar is a bad dad and lets Diar come to the game in Miami. And then every subsequent playoff game.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

ChickenMedium posted:

Imagine the alternate universe where DeMar is a bad dad and lets Diar come to the game in Miami. And then every subsequent playoff game.

This ends with Boston in the NBA finals again so I don’t like it

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

DC Murderverse posted:

Boston gets swept in the second round after Tony Brothers and Scott Foster are assigned to every game when Adam Silver pulls out every stop to ensure a deranged Celtics fan doesn't attempt to murder a nine year old girl.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Lakers Plan To Reduce LeBron James’ Workload
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/10/lakers-plan-to-reduce-lebron-james-workload.html

"...it’s worth noting that end-of-season awards like All-NBA now have a 65-game minimum requirement — if those rules had been in place in the past, James wouldn’t have been eligible to make an All-NBA team since 2019/20."

LeBron James' next milestones and other records to watch this NBA season
https://sports.yahoo.com/lebron-james-next-milestones-and-other-records-to-watch-this-nba-season-145733558.html

"By season's end, James could rank first in scoring, top-five in assists, top-10 in steals, top-30 in rebounds and top-75 in blocks, forming a 40,000-11,000-11,000 club that may forever feature a membership of one."

Papercut posted:

I would like to hear no more about Dwight Howard's sex life

The strange thing is that this was all reported a year or two ago IIRC and now it's making the rounds again in the news like it's brand new stuff.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

There are 142 poll voters this year. So that means very good chances of having an outright winner at the end of season.

DC Murderverse posted:

OKC should finally cash in those draft picks and pick up DeMar or LaVine before the trade deadline, really go all in on this season

OKC is super young right now. Their oldest player (Lindy Waters III) is 26.

Red Rox posted:

Was it just me or was there a crazy number of blocks tonight? Like even Scottie Barnes had 5.

Zogobot do your thing!

5.6 blocks per game on average would be tied with the 1983 season as the highest ever but that will come down as players figure out who to avoid more. They'll just turn around and run back to half-court.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Book and Beal already load managing. Shameful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu839p0SB2U

Aye Doc posted:

traded all that for dame just to beat the harden-less 76ers by 1 smh

Giannis must shoot better this year. 33% FT% and 45% eFG% = doomed team.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Honestly seems like MJ just wanted a circle of basketball friends instead of being the owner/management

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

Yeah absolutely Boston makes the finals in this alternate universe and I don't know if the Nuggs still win, Al Horford someone uses necromancy to bring back his allstar form anytime he plays us.

pentyne posted:

Honestly seems like MJ just wanted a circle of basketball friends instead of being the owner/management
Yeah, MJ could never get over being the guy who had to watch the guys in shorts. I think subconsciously he sold for his mental health.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
lets play some basket ball ladies and gentlemen

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

pentyne posted:

It’s interesting seeing him do NASCAR stuff as an owner. He’s still Michael Jordan, but he’s also just a guy. Kind of humanizing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Blow this team up man.

I have watched some loving dire Bulls teams but never seen anything this loving pathetic

Even the bad Bulls teams seem like they actually tried and gave a poo poo.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Dexo posted:

Blow this team up man.

I have watched some loving dire Bulls teams but never seen anything this loving pathetic

They're all waiting to be traded huh?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dexo posted:

Blow this team up man.

*Checks the score*

*Sees Bulls are up by 20*

I'm so glad the NBA is back :kiddo:

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Anfernee Simons is out for 6 weeks with a thumb injury. Blazers will be the worst team in then league. Let’s go!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The Glumslinger posted:

*Checks the score*

In my defense, go watch the first like 7 minutes of that game.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

The Glumslinger posted:

*Checks the score*

All the bulls need to do is continue to string together 40-9 scoring runs in every game and the championship is theirs

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Or watch the like last 12 minutes

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

All the bulls need to do is continue to string together 20-0 scoring droughts in every game and the #1 pick is theirs

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Woops wrong thread

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/SheaSerrano/status/1718078733561610730?s=20

Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
jokc is a freak