Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

smoobles posted:

Is Season 2 at least feeling faster with all the buffs, like did they get rid of the leveling stall when you hit 30-50

Love a mindless clicky arpg but D4 at launch felt like treading water
I'm a dad gamer and I am loving ROARING through gaining levels. Its nuts. I am doing a Walking Arsenal Barb for a second time (did one in preseason) and its insane. I hit the WT3 capstone to get into WT4 Elias with a timed Overpower once for a little over 1/4 of his life then a few seconds later timed another one and the Overpower crit, killing him instantly. I was 8 levels underlevel. In WT4 its just absurd. I'm ripping and tearing through anything the game throws at me and its a blast. I have not been speccing my equipment at all because it doesnt even matter. This means I do die on occasion because resists matter now and sometimes I find that my random new highest power item got rid of my only source of, say, fire resist, but its whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They just did this patch.

Still could probably use a little more downward, though.

Yes, but I need more. Or less. Whatever

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

The trouble is that it doesn't feel like glyph xp went up because character level xp comes much faster and there are worthwhile things to do that give you character xp but no glyph xp.

It was obvious this would happen when they said time to 100 would drop by 40% and glyph xp went up by (iirc) 19%, but the fact that there's now a point to doing whispers and Helltides right through the endgame makes it feel even worse

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Superterranean posted:

does the Umbral aspect drop for rogues like, at all? I've put every single obol into rings and haven't seen one yet. feels bad.

iirc rogues have the highest odds of having it drop on a ring and i almost contemplated levelling a rogue just to give me that 2% extra chance bc gently caress me i have struggled to find one as a druid

The Little Kielbasa posted:

I would be more into d4 if they reduced the glyph xp requirements substantially. Or at least made glyph (and vampire power) levels account-wide. I can't really explain why, but my brain loves grinding for loot. But grinding for the glyph xp bar just doesn't release the happy chemicals.

i cant explain why but for whatever reason im the same way. im doing pretty good for gear at level 80 but even though i have at least 3 main stats near max on all my gear i still get a giddy little rush when i find something that just edges an old piece out but ive barely touched nmds by comparison to last season. i made it to 92 and 3 fully levelled glyphs and 3 more to 15 last season but i can only really be bothered running nmds back to back when im waiting on a new helltide. the vamp zones and uber bosses are just so good i dont want to even bother with nmds, i dont even have my first glyph to 15 yet

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 27, 2023

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Lord Packinham posted:

As soon as I hit WT3 and they are like go do MMO stuff I just immediately start a new character as the post-50 game is awful.

Paragon boards are where you really start to define your character though?

Anyways. Finally got a weapon to put Alpha on and I love my werewolf buddies. Now I need to find another of that aspect for when this weapon devalues.

Goddamn are nightmare dungeons so slow, but I need that glyph XP. I basically just want to be in vamptide the whole time.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I suppose glpyh exp is faster in a roundabout way in that you level up faster so you can do higher level dungeons sooner, so you can get more glpyh exp. This is borderline copium of course but that's how I saw it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they need to inject more seasonal content into NMDs to make them more interesting going forward. like more actual side areas and season themed events. running into a malignant mob or finding a vamper coffin every once in a while just doesn't cut it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I suppose glpyh exp is faster in a roundabout way in that you level up faster so you can do higher level dungeons sooner, so you can get more glpyh exp. This is borderline copium of course but that's how I saw it.
Yeah I'm waiting to do NMDs until later so I am not wasting time doing them for a pittance of Glyph XP when I could instead still be leveling quickly while also having fun by playing vamptides or helltides.

I'm telling myself I should start doing a NMD after I finish getting the Whisper objectives in the vamptide zones so I do something "more gainful" while I wait for the vamptide zone to change.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
maybe its just bc im playing a potentially op build but im still doing fine, every now and again i do a really high level dungeon to test myself out and i can comfortably do upto nmd 50 before it gets frustrating, targeting rare paragon nodes and simply slotting lvl 1 glyphs for whatever bonuses i can get doesnt feel bad at all. i might even try uber lillith eventually but i imagine theres a hard wall ahead of me if i dont grind at least a few glyphs up

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

The Little Kielbasa posted:

I would be more into d4 if they reduced the glyph xp requirements substantially. Or at least made glyph (and vampire power) levels account-wide. I can't really explain why, but my brain loves grinding for loot. But grinding for the glyph xp bar just doesn't release the happy chemicals.

They absolutely need to let us lvl glyphs in other ways. If it’s a matter of that bubble thing you use to lvl at the end of NMDs not integrating well anywhere else, I’d be okay with banking/gaining glyph xp doing other things but having to finish a NMD to “use” them.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Is the Purveyor of Curiosities aligned with my level in the game? Or does the power level of items you can gamble depend on WT rather than player level? I just stopped by to gamble some obols and realized that while I'm level 42 (and in WT2), all his stuff says it will be level 33, which seems like a waste. I've never paid attention to that before, so I'm not sure when/if he'll let me gamble stuff better than Level 33, although I presume that happens at some point.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

It's player level. I believe level 73 is some sort of breakpoint, maybe when you start seeing ancestrals? Someone will know, I'm sure

Don't worry about required level, it's always way below the item's actual power level. You can equip ancestrals at 60

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Tarnop posted:

It's player level. I believe level 73 is some sort of breakpoint, maybe when you start seeing ancestrals? Someone will know, I'm sure

Don't worry about required level, it's always way below the item's actual power level. You can equip ancestrals at 60

Thanks -- that's good to know. I guess I've just reflexively been equating Level Req. with power level, so I suppose I should look more carefully at the gear I'm filtering in my mind.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So how hard is Uber Lilith and Duriel really. Just trying to get a feel before I waste mats.

I feel like with the new vamp powers and tweaks that the power creep is much higher than previous seasons and she should be considered easier.

Is there a “if you can clear x NMD you’re good for Uber?”

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Last King posted:

not yet. it's in beta testing but with the release on steam and the combined merger with microsoft, hopefully there will be enough data to get these "good bones" into shape sometime in 2024. after a lot more seasons and patches, the game will probably be in a good place (2025ish?) just in time for poe2 to come out and immediately put this entire franchise to shame.

afterwards, someone somewhere will come up with completely ~new~ and ~~aMaZiNg~~ mechanics for the expansion that will not be tested or well thought out so once that is released, the game will go back into an alpha state and we'll need to beta test the problems out over the next couple of years until another expac is released, with more broken, non-working, and non-tested stuff again. this will repeat until d5 comes out and the team at that time, never having learned any lessons or leveraged the of decades of experience / prior releases from other blizzard games, will undoubtedly try to create something again from scratch only for it to also be "released" as a live service where we'll likely be shelling out upwards of $100 then to beta test it and so on and so forth. hence, the neverending blizzard circle of game design.

Why in the gently caress are you even here in this tread posting this nonsense?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

uber lilith doesn't require mats but it's a very stupid fight and will probably come down to luck

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

McCoy Pauley posted:

Thanks -- that's good to know. I guess I've just reflexively been equating Level Req. with power level, so I suppose I should look more carefully at the gear I'm filtering in my mind.

If you want one easy number to refer to, just look at Item Power. It determines the damage of weapons, the base armour of an item, and the upper and lower bounds of the stats that can roll. It's obviously just a coarse measure and the further you go into the game the more you care about the right stats with good rolls, but while you're level 42 you can just make easy calls like "these gloves have a higher item power that what I'm wearing and give me +levels to a skill I'm using", because you won't be wearing them for long

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Man I fuckin miss seasonal sets from D3. And also that levelling wasn't some arduous thing but I'll set that aside for now. I liked looking at the seasonal sets and then deciding what to play based on which one seemed like it would be the most fun build. Getting that leg up was a big boon to me.

Contrast that with now, where I would like to play a ball lightning sorc. I picked ball lightning sorc because it was A) busted, B) looked fun, and C) only has 1 required aspect that is drop only. And of fuckin course I cannot get that aspect to drop so I am running around with a generic chain lightning build and it's fine I guess. Like kill speed is not an issue, everything dies well enough. But I hate needing to track 2 different build's worth of legendaries to keep an eye out for. When I level glyphs I have to choose if I want to level for what I am or what I would like to be.

Same problem with my barbarian. Saw a sick brawler build but can I play that build? No, don't have the legendary support for it. So I am stuck on rend. Could switch to ww maybe, I have gotten every ww legendary under the sun, but it looks boring as poo poo.

And I had the same fuckin problem in pre-season too! Running a hota build, never once saw the legendary that reduces shout cooldowns when you did something I don't remember. I don't like it.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

m.hache posted:

So how hard is Uber Lilith and Duriel really. Just trying to get a feel before I waste mats.

I feel like with the new vamp powers and tweaks that the power creep is much higher than previous seasons and she should be considered easier.

Is there a “if you can clear x NMD you’re good for Uber?”

Duriel isn't that hard. Uber Lilith you're going to need to watch a video probably and be able to do the burst strat. If you can't burst her, she's pretty hard.

If you can do a NM70 you can probably do Duriel.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Zeg posted:

Why in the gently caress are you even here in this tread posting this nonsense?

Seemed pretty on the nose

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

flashman posted:

Seemed pretty on the nose

You got more faith in others than I do.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
1.2.1 Patch notes are up:

A whole lot of little things - mostly bug fixes.

The bigger changes:

- Training dummy and hideout area.
- Refund all buttons for paragon boards.
- Fixed performance issues introduced with Season 2.
- Increased potent blood drops from blood fountains by about 35%.
- Improved the vampiric powers UI.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Zeg posted:

You got more faith in others than I do.

2025 was maybe a stretch they can do all this in 12 months more

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

1.2.1 Patch notes are up:

A whole lot of little things - mostly bug fixes.

The bigger changes:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes

EXTREMELY interested in this one. I would like to know more.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Doom Rooster posted:

Doesn't look like a major revamp of the whole UI or anything. Just adding tooltips for info that wasn't displayed before, adding clarity on pact tooltips, bug fixes, and visual/stability improvements in the menu.

I'm not sure what #2 means because this information is already displayed, so not sure what "additional information" it would be displaying.

The specifics:

quote:

Added additional information to Vampiric Power tooltips to clarify what their next Rank will increase.
Added additional information to the Vampiric Powers upgrade screen that communicates the amount of Pacts required and the power’s activation cost.
Fixed an issue where the Blood Seal menu couldn't be navigated properly with the D-Pad on controllers while inspecting equipped blood seals.
Fixed an issue where removing a Pact while in the Vampiric Powers tab would cause equipment tooltips to malfunction.
Fixed an issue where the tooltip implied that Durability would be restored to a damaged item after removing a Pact from it.
Fixed an issue where the description of the Domination vampiric power described the effects of Chill when it should have described the effects of Frozen.
Various performance, stability, and visual improvements.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Doom Rooster posted:

:V

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

The bigger changes:

- Training dummy
OH MY GOD YES!!! Finally a way to easily see what difference my choices make.

I hope they removed four clicks and one wait from the five-clicks-and-one-wait vampstamp upgrade UI.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
i hate that chain lightning sorc is the fastest way to level sorc to 50. it's inconsistent number of hits is way better than the damage ranges in d2 but i still think it's obnoxious.

also i really hope the performance thing is fully addressed, it's been awful for me.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Superterranean posted:

does the Umbral aspect drop for rogues like, at all? I've put every single obol into rings and haven't seen one yet. feels bad.

rings on rogue is the most likely but the odds ain’t great

https://diablo4.life/tools/gambling

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Tarnop posted:

yeah it’s 73 or pretty near to it that you can really start reliably gambling items for power, before that it’s usually just best to gamble with the intent to find aspects. with the higher cap ilvl now, though, it seems even less likely that you’d find an equipable upgrade.

actually thinking about it now, even with fixed/improved drops from the silent chests, the cost/reward ratio is still way off in favor of gambling the slot you need vs. hoping the random items are useful from the chest. i mean i’ll still buy keys because apparently silent chests can drop mount cosmetics but still

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

harrygomm posted:

yeah it’s 73 or pretty near to it that you can really start reliably gambling items for power, before that it’s usually just best to gamble with the intent to find aspects. with the higher cap ilvl now, though, it seems even less likely that you’d find an equipable upgrade.

actually thinking about it now, even with fixed/improved drops from the silent chests, the cost/reward ratio is still way off in favor of gambling the slot you need vs. hoping the random items are useful from the chest. i mean i’ll still buy keys because apparently silent chests can drop mount cosmetics but still

I was wondering why all of my gambling only resulted in trash. I was trying to roll for ancestors at level 65.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

Ehud posted:

how is everyone's fashion in season 2

yeah

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Doesn't look like a major revamp of the whole UI or anything. Just adding tooltips for info that wasn't displayed before, adding clarity on pact tooltips, bug fixes, and visual/stability improvements in the menu.

I'm not sure what #2 means because this information is already displayed, so not sure what "additional information" it would be displaying.

The specifics:

GDI. I was really hoping for an overhaul in how you spend large amounts, but that was folly. Way too big of an ask for that short of a turnaround.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lookin good!

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Bisse posted:

I hope they removed four clicks and one wait from the five-clicks-and-one-wait vampstamp upgrade UI.

Nope

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Wait, were uber uniques always supposed to have max rolls?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

No, they just drop with max rolls from Duriel

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Should I drop down to world tier 3 to kill some Uber bosses, I’m currently level 75 and don’t do any damage to them in world tier 4. Or should I just keep grinding and level up until I’m able to do so in world tier 4.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Don’t waste the mats on WT3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

is it possible to upgrade power level of items from like 620 (sacred) to 900, eventually? I got a cool unique but am wondering if I'll have to eventually dump it in wt4