Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's definitely a deliberate troll. his job is trying food and he mostly hangs out in a restaurant with tons of food in it. but the only way to learn in-game that he doesn't eat or drink is a huge waste of time.

Idk, I like reading the target descriptions from time to time, IOI seems to put a lot of effort into them for some reason. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no, the waste of time i'm referring to is following him through his very long routine. the briefing doesn't say that he doesn't eat. in fact, it says very clearly that he is in bangkok specifically to do so.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I mean you can stand around listening to him talking to the waiter and his bodyguard, where he says a bunch of stuff about never actually eating the food and always judging it on how it looks.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Don't we usually have some patch notes previewed by now? I think it's coming tomorrow.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
The patch is supposed to come tomorrow (along with some other new content for the anniversary), no notes yet.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

is the new ET coming tomorrow also? I thought that was Friday for some reason?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It should be on the Friday

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

no, the waste of time i'm referring to is following him through his very long routine. the briefing doesn't say that he doesn't eat. in fact, it says very clearly that he is in bangkok specifically to do so.

Maybe it's been changed but his current briefing does straight up say that he manages a strict caloric intake and has never actually eaten at any of the restaurants he has mercilessly reviewed.

Rythian posted:

It's working for me.

Yep all working now, not sure what caused that problem I've never seen it before.

And wow, what an unfortunate accident that guy had! Million to one shot!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, i checked an older video so i guess the briefing changed.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

For those who want the Codename 47 suit, it's 5 sequential challenges:

Chongqing - kill one target with a headshot from a sniper from the neon sign (above laundromat)
Santa Fortuna - knock out the Shaman with the Golden idol
Bangkok - Drown one target
Berlin - Kill 5 agents with explosives, must be done in 1 run
Carpathian Mountains - Kill all guards on the train and...something?

I haven't run through it yet, the first few seem straightforward, need to check pathing on Berlin to get 5 explosive kills, and figure out what the last one requires

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

If they want to make it a bit more authentic they should give you a minigun during the train mission.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Shooting Blanks posted:

Chongqing - kill one target with a headshot from a sniper from the neon sign (above laundromat)

I haven't run through it yet, the first few seem straightforward, need to check pathing on Berlin to get 5 explosive kills, and figure out what the last one requires

You have to take the memory serum when you confront the Constant in the final traincar.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
I don't know what I'm missing or doing wrong, but I've yet to get the "Arrange Suspect Meeting" objective to work/register properly. I knocked out and hid one suspect in the Dartmoor graveyard, then took their burner phone to another part of the map to set it off. The rest of the suspects showed up to the area, got confused and just left and went straight back to their respective routes without interacting or anything... :confused:

Jerusalem posted:

I hit 99/100 and the reward was... some murder-bux. :nallears:

I just hit 100/100 not two missions after I traded everything in to level up Prestige and all I got was a new suit :catbert:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Shooting Blanks posted:

Remote explosive as they're fleeing the level?

Another suit/challenge briefly leaked before iOi pulled it.

Very dapper!.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Root Bear posted:

I don't know what I'm missing or doing wrong, but I've yet to get the "Arrange Suspect Meeting" objective to work/register properly. I knocked out and hid one suspect in the Dartmoor graveyard, then took their burner phone to another part of the map to set it off. The rest of the suspects showed up to the area, got confused and just left and went straight back to their respective routes without interacting or anything... :confused:

I just hit 100/100 not two missions after I traded everything in to level up Prestige and all I got was a new suit :catbert:

"Arrange Suspect Meeting" is bugged. Nobody seems to know why, IOI hasn't acknowledged it as far as I know (unless it's in today's patch notes), but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's one of the prestige objectives you 100% do not take if you're trying Hardcore, and only as a last resort if you're trying to prestige.

Snuffman posted:

Remote explosive as they're fleeing the level?

Another suit/challenge briefly leaked before iOi pulled it.

Very dapper!.

That's one of my immediate thoughts. I need to check on propane flasks, I've been doing so much Freelancer that I'm not sure how many there are on that level in vanilla - but probably enough.

Edit: There are plenty of propane flasks on the level. Bring some explosives anyway but it isn't a big deal.

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 26, 2023

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

"Arrange Suspect Meeting" is bugged. Nobody seems to know why, IOI hasn't acknowledged it as far as I know (unless it's in today's patch notes), but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's one of the prestige objectives you 100% do not take if you're trying Hardcore, and only as a last resort if you're trying to prestige.

Their last patch notes said they fixed some situations where it happens, but it definitely didn't completely fix it.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Finally, I can go to the bathroom.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The Codename 47 challenges are neat. It's actually kind of fun to be playing something other than Freelancer for a change tbh, lol. Do note though that you need to do them in order though! So that's Chongqing > Santa Fortuna > Bangkok > Berlin > Carpathian Mountains.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure you can do the first three on ANY mission that takes place on those maps, including user contracts, so you can more or less just get them done super quick if you like (though the first and third ones are easy enough to do via mission stories anyway). The last two require you to play the normal missions for obvious reasons.

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 27, 2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

For the Berlin one, can you use one explosive to kill five dudes at once or does it have to be five separate explosive kills?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Jerusalem posted:

For the Berlin one, can you use one explosive to kill five dudes at once or does it have to be five separate explosive kills?

I imagine you can probably kill five guys at once and it will count, but I did them one at a time. This was pretty easy; I took two bombs of my own in just for safety, but there's no shortage of explosive things around the map... all those bikes! :twisted:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Jerusalem posted:

I did 2 at once without a problem, I'd imagine you can do all 5 - it just takes quite a bit of setup.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You could pre-place propane in Hershmuller's office like in that "killing everyone during the meeting" video, right?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Also, a funny thing about the third challenge: I learnt/forgot that if you clean Ken Morgan's penthouse too quickly (ie before he has a chance to get snippy with you), he actually just says that it's "passable" and he never goes to inspect the toilet, haha.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jabor posted:

You could pre-place propane in Hershmuller's office like in that "killing everyone during the meeting" video, right?
you don't even need to do that get yourself a biker outfit and just walk into the office with two semtex blocks - after knocking everyone out (don't even bother hiding the bodies) you can call the meeting, one guy will arrive ahead of everyone and if you're not in the chair as hirschmuller he walks around the office looking for you without calling the ambush - knock him out. there's then three on the inside of the office entrance waiting for the ambush signal - i threw a semtex between them and just set it off - the last guy comes running in through the side door, i waited until he was by the first guy then dropped him with the second semtex and set it off.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I almost never replay the train mission and it's hilarious to me that just being a walking whirlwind of death killing EVERYBODY gets you a 5 star rating.

Anyway, I got the horrible ugly skin, hell yeah!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Jerusalem posted:

I almost never replay the train mission and it's hilarious to me that just being a walking whirlwind of death killing EVERYBODY gets you a 5 star rating.

Anyway, I got the horrible ugly skin, hell yeah!

It's not like there's going to be any witnesses who'll see you on the Constant's Fun Train.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Excuse me. I need to use the bathroom.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

With the launch of the new ET the Twitch drop suit (Purple Streak) is live. You need to connect your Twitch account to your IO one and then watch an elligible streamer for an hour. Just watch a random person streaming the game at the moment, they'll probably have "DROP" in their title and if you view their chat in your browser you'll get a pop-up there guiding you in the right direction.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Oct 27, 2023

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Diana talks way too much during this ET.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
This is the first time I've ever encountered the concept of a "Twitch drop" and it seems completely absurd to me, as do most things revolving around Twitch tbh. I acknowledge that I am old (early thirties).

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Hedgehog Pie posted:

This is the first time I've ever encountered the concept of a "Twitch drop" and it seems completely absurd to me, as do most things revolving around Twitch tbh. I acknowledge that I am old (early thirties).

Just open a random streamer and mute the tab while you go about your normal day

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Devo posted:

Just open a random streamer and mute the tab while you go about your normal day

I'm doing other things! It's Friday night!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I'm doing other things! It's Friday night!

:shrug: just open up a tab and go out drinking and come home to your purple suit

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I just don't get it, buf it's one of many things that's passed me by apparently. Obviously people do like it, but I like to do other things on Fridays and Saturdays, and most of those things involve turning everything (physically and mentally) off for a few hours. The leaving things on for a suit in a Hitman video game thing also makes me feel a bit dirty to be honest, given everything.

I don't actually care about the suit and was never planning on getting it anyway but now I feel especially negative towards the whole concept.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Where do I go to connect my twitch and ioi accounts?

vvv Groovy, thanks! The IoI interface functions well, but isn't always easy to parse.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 27, 2023

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Where do I go to connect my twitch and ioi accounts?

https://account.ioi.dk/

Account Settings - Manage

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I just don't get it, buf it's one of many things that's passed me by apparently.

What's not to get? IOI gives away a cosmetic to people who watch any Hitman streamer for long enough. This makes people want to get a free cosmetic, so they watch the stream, increasing the viewers for Hitman on Twitch, which is good advertising. It also might get more streamers streaming Hitman since drops will attract viewers, so more people streaming Hitman, more people watching Hitman, maybe more people buying Hitman?

It's pretty basic advertising. You can argue if it's particularly effective or not, but the thought process behind it makes sense.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Rythian posted:

What's not to get? IOI gives away a cosmetic to people who watch any Hitman streamer for long enough. This makes people want to get a free cosmetic, so they watch the stream, increasing the viewers for Hitman on Twitch, which is good advertising. It also might get more streamers streaming Hitman since drops will attract viewers, so more people streaming Hitman, more people watching Hitman, maybe more people buying Hitman?

It's pretty basic advertising. You can argue if it's particularly effective or not, but the thought process behind it makes sense.

Not going to lie, trying to read this post made my eyes do weird things. I may be having that stroke I've been expecting.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Not going to lie, trying to read this post made my eyes do weird things. I may be having that stroke I've been expecting.
Did you happen to drink a glass with a very suspicious green smoke around it recently? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Oh God I don't feel so good, outta my way