Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Rush is the best car movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

feels good not having to worry about f1 until tomorrow

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Best good/bad race movies are the Death Race series (I think I’ve only seen 1 and 2)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The best race movie is REDLINE.
It's closer to Wacky Races on crack than something serious though.

Not what ever this Redline thing is though.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Zedd posted:

quote:

Daniel Sadek, who made Redline, was a third-grade dropout from Lebanon. After coming to America, he sold cars and eventually founded the subprime lending firm Quick Loan Funding. Sadek’s take-home earnings eventually reached $5 million a month. He used the bucks to buy several homes in SoCal and Vegas, build up his collection of supercars, and feed his ravenous desire for gambling. Basically, he made Redline to show off his car collection and his fiancé.

Quick Loan Funding folded in the wake of the 2008 subprime mortgage crisis, but not before racking up record profits. Sadek heavily borrowed money against expected profits from Redline, which then tanked, making $8.3 million against $33 million in production and marketing costs.

Redline and Quick Loan Funding was such a clown show that CNBC’s House of Cards used it as an example of the immoderation of the pre-meltdown mortgage market. Sadek lost his escrow and lending licenses over withdrawing millions from his corporate accounts to gamble in Vegas and was eventually sued by Bellagio and Wells Fargo over unpaid debts and repeated cash advances done at resorts worldwide. He was listed by Vanity Fair as number 86 in their 100 to Blame for the economic crisis, calling him “Predator Zero in the subprime-mortgage game.”

The rear end in a top hat that made it is even a pantomime villain like Bernie, such passione for racing.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

How do you spend $33m on that trash.

They made No Country For Old Men for $10m less.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Always been a fan of Rat Race

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

How do you spend $33m on that trash

$1m on the film
$10m on catering
$22m on enough narcotics to convince yourself that the film is not absolute garbage

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Zedd posted:

Yup

https://youtu.be/hUfvrEC6ogg

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

A shame that a page had passed before it got mentioned

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm3w_XHY0KM

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhL81MGXBRU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Oh lol the title card isn't actually clickbait, the movie is called that

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This crash scene is 100 times more insane than I remember it being

eddyc49
Aug 25, 2004

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

The best car movie is ronin :colbert:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
the best ronin movie is cars

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/could-abu-dhabi-gp-be-cancelled-f1-safety-fears-over-gaza-conflict/

this would be funny, but I also don't expect it to happen because of the precedent of the 2022 Saudi GP

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

They didn't cancel the race where missiles were loving landing next to the circuit. Lmao at them cancelling the Arab oil money Grand Prix of Aramco for literally any reason

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

harperdc posted:

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/could-abu-dhabi-gp-be-cancelled-f1-safety-fears-over-gaza-conflict/

this would be funny, but I also don't expect it to happen because of the precedent of the 2022 Saudi GP

Of course Ferrari International Assistance would find a flimsy excuse to cancel a race and prevent McLaren from taking 3rd in the WCC

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

wicka posted:

Of course Ferrari International Assistance would find a flimsy excuse to cancel a race and prevent McLaren from taking 3rd in the WCC

:hmmyes:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sunk Dunk posted:

the best ronin movie is cars

Oh hey, it works both ways. That's very clever.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

in that new Ferrari movie, who did they get to play Christian Horner and Spice Girl?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

This goes all the way to the top

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002
Oh i didn't realise they measure the plank wear from the metal skidblock inserts, the last time someone was DQ'd from it, which i think was Schumacher in 90-whatever, i remember they had to use like macro photos to prove the wear from little scratches. No reason not to test them all, it seems a pretty simple test..

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It's Reserve Driverpalooza

Piastri & Doohan to win a WCC/WDC and be best of buds

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

refleks posted:

in that new Ferrari movie, who did they get to play Christian Horner and Spice Girl?

Id do bradly cooper and rebel wilson

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

note that in this one case, the english dub is superior to the OG Japanese voice track.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
albon #2 confirmed for podium-

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

phwoar

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

this track is basically straights with a few turns here and there - the williams should phwoar

I feel sorry for Bernie Collins being dragged in to do this intermission poo poo because woman

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Perez slower than a Williams lolol.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

Are you saying that he is forecast for a podium?

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

anyone have/know where to get charts that show the difference between f1, f2, and f3 in terms of speed around tracks/corners, sector times, g-forces felt by the driver

I just wanna see how big of a difference there is between the 3 formulas particularly the jump from f2 -> f1

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I watched The Art of Racing in the Rain again for scientific purposes and I am sad about dogs. 10/10 car film, would race in the rain again.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I quite enjoy having the practice session at 9am.

Also rain apparently at the track

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Dan Ticktum is going to be racing in the F3 race in Macau.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Alonso has booked in a suit de-browning at the end of this session

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Are you saying that he is forecast for a podium?

im forecasting him for a podium