Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

It loving loving loving sucks how "Israel good, Palestine bad" has embedded itself as the mainstream normie political position where even a vast bulk of democrats and even celebrities that aren't right-wing cranks are pro-Israel. A genocide is happening and the people who care are being demonized

I think the vast, vast majority of Americans in general don't think there's a genocide going on in the Palestinian territories. It only makes sense the majority of politicians wouldn't think so either. Although they should know better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

mannerup fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 5, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I captured this from a Gaza hospital live feed. I felt it pretty accurately sums up how things are going. The person in the blanket is sleeping, not dead.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Neurolimal posted:

In my personal opinion: Israel failed to realize that a large-scale Hamas attack, trained in advance for a year, where Hamas trained soldiers to use paragliders in broad daylight, was going to occur.

You are going to have to define "Israel" in this sentence. What has only become increasingly clear as more time has passed from the event is that literally all levels of their military and government were raising alarms about this, only to be ignored by Bibi, who wanted his military to help ethnically cleanse West Bank. They got warnings from multiple foreign intelligence agencies, their own intelligence agencies, their own military. When one of those reports was delivered to Bibi, he accused the person who brought it of being a leftist.

What happened was only possible because the entire border with Gaza was being held too thinly to stop anything. And this happened because of the political choice of having all the active units in the West Bank.

Brucolac
Jun 14, 2012

Tuna-Fish posted:

You are going to have to define "Israel" in this sentence. What has only become increasingly clear as more time has passed from the event is that literally all levels of their military and government were raising alarms about this, only to be ignored by Bibi, who wanted his military to help ethnically cleanse West Bank. They got warnings from multiple foreign intelligence agencies, their own intelligence agencies, their own military. When one of those reports was delivered to Bibi, he accused the person who brought it of being a leftist.

What happened was only possible because the entire border with Gaza was being held too thinly to stop anything. And this happened because of the political choice of having all the active units in the West Bank.
That is certainly the narrative that the IDF and state departments are pushing. I suggest there is a lot of blame to go around within the Israeli government for the failure to contain the Hamas militants and trying to pin it entirely on Netanyahu is unconvincing.

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/JM_Szuba/status/1718059754172330057

Jarhead officer seems apprehensive about what israel is about to do

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

BUUNNI posted:

Jarhead officer seems apprehensive about what israel is about to do

I bet Biden gives a speech . . . About, oh, on the order of ten thousand or so verified corpses from now . . . That contains a phrase like "America will always be a friend to Israel but sometimes being a friend means telling friend when to back down" or some poo poo like that he'll finally say a few thousand baby corpses too late

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I bet Biden gives a speech . . . About, oh, on the order of ten thousand or so verified corpses from now . . . That contains a phrase like "America will always be a friend to Israel but sometimes being a friend means telling friend when to back down" or some poo poo like that he'll finally say a few thousand baby corpses too late

buddy none of the people making decisions or driving policy right now give a gently caress. the hawks are 100% in charge. if there's an eventual american reckoning I don't expect it to be any time soon.

Viller
Jun 3, 2005

Proud opponent of Israeli terror and Jewish fascism!

Neurolimal posted:

Has Israel demonstrated any capability to assess where Hamas' underground infrastructure is located. So far we've about 14 dead "Hamas Officials", who can be anyone from a military commander to the accountant at a food bank. Many if not all of which died at their homes, not underground.

Also, I said that they were making money off of Palestinians. I didn't say that they were invincible.

You have hit on something though: for all their machismo, for all their propaganda about how Israel is an incredibly powerful security state capable of managing millions of underclass humans, for all the extolling of the tactical competency of the IDF, they're being embarrassed by an imprisoned city with an exponentially smaller economy, their far less sophisticated military equipment, and the proxy force of a proxy state. I wouldn't be surprised if, outside of bribed deals, the images of Hezbollah taking out Merkavas, blowing up radar towers, and Hamas breaching the wall, ends up having an impact on their security industries. It's clear that they do not in fact have a airtight seal on Gaza, which leaves the less impressive "We're good at administrating checkpoints in the region with the collaborator government" selling point.

If Israel wanted an air tight seal against the Gaza strip, they would have it. Its 25 miles by 9 miles wide...

Except for October 7th, how are they getting humiliated exactly?

Hamas was talking tough and celebrating for about 6 hours after it started(on october 7th), they been whinning for a cease fire since as if it they didn't know what was coming after what they did...
And for some loving reason, something awful seems to think this is fine... We invaded 2 loving countries after they flew 2 planes into buildings and everyone was fine with it.
The only "palestinians" who gained anything from this are living in Qatar and Turkey. I think its pretty clear by now that Israel won't stop until Hamas or their capabilities are completely gone.

I want Palestinians to be free as much as I am but its not gonna happen as long as they have a government widely considered to be a terrorist organisation that has for a mandate to kill all jews in Israel. Its not exactly rocket science...

Wheres all this anger for Ukrainians? Syrians? Yemen? etc etc... Is hating on jews really back in fashion or what?

edit: no loving idea how to quote someone else in this post but "I said come in!" wishing Hamas all the best of luck against these cowards! I mean... The gently caress is Israel supposed to do, just stop and hope Hamas doesnt do it again?
Should Ukraine just drop their weapons and give in to Putin? What about Syrians?

Viller fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 28, 2023

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Viller posted:

If Israel wanted an air tight seal against the Gaza strip, they would have it. Its 25 miles by 9 miles wide...

Hamas was talking tough and celebrating for about 6 hours after it started(on october 7th), they been whinning for a cease fire since as if it they didn't know what was coming after what they did...
And for some loving reason, something awful seems to think this is fine... We invaded 2 loving countries after they flew 2 planes into buildings and everyone was fine with it.
The only "palestinians" who gained anything from this are living in Qatar and Turkey. I think its pretty clear by now that Israel won't stop until Hamas or their capabilities are completely gone.

I want Palestinians to be free as much as I am but its not gonna happen as long as they have a government widely considered to be a terrorist organisation that has for a mandate to kill all jews in Israel. Its not exactly rocket science...

Wheres all this anger for Ukrainians? Syrians? Yemen? etc etc... Is hating on jews really back in fashion or what?

Among all these stupid loving claims there were massive protests against the Iraq War both in the US and the world.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Viller posted:

Go gently caress yourself

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Have you missed the entire part where the Israeli state has been conducting ethnic cleansing for some 70 odd years with the systemic backing of Western Nations and their military industrial complex? Maybe that's why Hamas hates the Israeli state so much? Funny how they're condemned by the west of all people as the terrorists..

There's plenty of contrarian 'evidence' of people suggesting Ukrainians are Nazis so I don't know what you're getting at, conflict is poo poo.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Viller posted:

Viller posted:

Collateral damage is the side effect to the response to arming 700+ civilians. Any country on the planet would do the same. Hamas is responsible, no one else.

No you don't.

When you're describing calls for ceasefires after the death of thousands of civilians as "whining" then no, you don't. You're just a piece of poo poo.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Viller posted:

edit: no loving idea how to quote someone else in this post but "I said come in!" wishing Hamas all the best of luck against these cowards! I mean... The gently caress is Israel supposed to do, just stop and hope Hamas doesnt do it again?
Should Ukraine just drop their weapons and give in to Putin? What about Syrians?

Is this bait? Israel is about to ethnically cleanse the Gaza Strip. There's a reason why they cut off internet access and even the US Lieutenant that was advising them lay the blame on Israel on what's about to happen.

Viller
Jun 3, 2005

E2M2 posted:

Is this bait? Israel is about to ethnically cleanse the Gaza Strip. There's a reason why they cut off internet access and even the US Lieutenant that was advising them lay the blame on Israel on what's about to happen.

Partly but with the stance most people have taken in here, I dont see why answers cant be provided for the questions I posed.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Viller posted:

Partly but with the stance most people have taken in here, I dont see why answers cant be provided for the questions I posed.

Saying the Palestinian civilians being murdered are "whining" for a ceasefire means you don't deserve any answer other than "go gently caress yourself" hope that helps.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Viller posted:

Because it doesn't matter what action Palestinians take. Weather it be a peaceful march to the border, an international boycott movement, creation of art and literature about their suffering. It will be dealt with in the harshest manner, usually ending with death. Your questions are pathetic and you should go join the IDF in the first wave into Gaza.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Imagine the level of delusional fuckwit you have to be to think that people were just fine with what the US did post 9/11, or to even use it as a justification for Israel dropping white phosphorus on civilian populations. For leveling refugee camps. For cutting off all access to clean water after years of steadily restricting it. For telling people to evacuate to a location then just bombing it anyways. How do you look at Ukraine or Yemen and not immediately see the parallels to the Palestinian situation?

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Viller posted:

Your questions fundamentally ignore a 70+ year legacy of apartheid, oppression and ethnic cleansing; and blame a victim population half of which is under 18 years of age for the crimes of their oppressors.

The actions on October 7th did not occur out of a vacuum, and by no means do they excuse the ethnic cleansing and barbaric collective punishment being done right before our eyes by the Zionists and US hegemony.

I wish the Palestinians including Hamas the best of luck against the barbarians and cowards in the IOF.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

E2M2 posted:

Just to clarify--that wasn't some lowly lieutenant who provided that comment to the press. It was the highest ranking officer in the USMC.

Viller
Jun 3, 2005

Reik posted:

Saying the Palestinian civilians being murdered are "whining" for a ceasefire means you don't deserve any answer other than "go gently caress yourself" hope that helps.

I said Hamas started whinning the second Israel retaliated, big difference buddy. I never denied that there is a massive amount of collateral. I have questionned the accuracy of the numbers Hamas put out, same as I did with Israel's or any other conflict.

Do you believe that Putin has taken out 8000 Ukrainian tanks and 50 jets a week?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Viller posted:

I said Hamas started whinning the second Israel retaliated, big difference buddy. I never denied that there is a massive amount of collateral. I have questionned the accuracy of the numbers Hamas put out, same as I did with Israel's or any other conflict.

Do you believe that Putin has taken out 8000 Ukrainian tanks and 50 jets a week?

Can you provide your source on Hamas requesting a ceasefire the second Israel retaliated?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
You don't suppose that they might be offering a ceasefire because they don't want Palestinians to die? It can only be because they're taking heavy losses?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think Viller is drunk.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Viller posted:

Because when you include things like this:

Viller posted:

which are completely and deliberately wrong, sensible people know that they would be wasting their time with someone who’s agenda won’t be swayed.

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

Viller posted:

Is hating on jews really back in fashion or what?

I don't think you should equate a certain apartheid genocidal authoritarian regime with the entirety of the Jewish diaspora.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Viller posted:

The actual answer is that Israel has always had the ability to stop being a terror state founded for the explicit purpose of the ethnic cleansing of Palestine, running a successful campaign of oppression and violating every treaty that has ever been signed. This is not a position that's difficult to find anywhere in the history of this thread.

You cannot simultaneously argue that Israel has every right to retaliate by indiscriminately slaughering civilians, and that Gaza deserves being attacked because Hamas targeted civilians.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

hawowanlawow posted:

I think Viller is drunk.

i think he's a racist tbh

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

punishedkissinger posted:

i think he's a racist tbh

yeah a lot of drunks are racist

Brucolac
Jun 14, 2012

hawowanlawow posted:

I think Viller is drunk.
That's charitable.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The actual answer is that Israel has always had the ability to stop being a terror state founded for the explicit purpose of the ethnic cleansing of Palestine, running a successful campaign of oppression and violating every treaty that has ever been signed. This is not a position that's difficult to find anywhere in the history of this thread.

You cannot simultaneously argue that Israel has every right to retaliate by indiscriminately slaughering civilians, and that Gaza deserves being attacked because Hamas targeted civilians.

The line I always go back to for people like Villers is that something like 48?% of the Knesset believes in a two state solution, and has peace plans with Palestine that involve stopping/cutting back settlements in the West Bank and giving back land as part of their platform.

Like if you don't believe all of us in this thread, perhaps you should question why almost half of the Israeli government thinks peace is totally possible, a two state solution is totally possible, and that they can easily give over West Bank/chunks of predominantly Arab held lands in Israel as reconciliation.

Israel doesn't need more weirdos sucking Netanyahu's dick. Peace has been trending upwards year after year in Israel since the 90s, it's just been blocked by one massive rear end in a top hat and his desires to stay the gently caress out of prison, mixed with a desire to kill brown people to keep the polls up so he doesn't finally get got.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Rookersh posted:

The line I always go back to for people like Villers is that something like 48?% of the Knesset believes in a two state solution, and has peace plans with Palestine that involve stopping/cutting back settlements in the West Bank and giving back land as part of their platform.

Like if you don't believe all of us in this thread, perhaps you should question why almost half of the Israeli government thinks peace is totally possible, a two state solution is totally possible, and that they can easily give over West Bank/chunks of predominantly Arab held lands in Israel as reconciliation.

Israel doesn't need more weirdos sucking Netanyahu's dick. Peace has been trending upwards year after year in Israel since the 90s, it's just been blocked by one massive rear end in a top hat and his desires to stay the gently caress out of prison, mixed with a desire to kill brown people to keep the polls up so he doesn't finally get got.

Yeah Bibi is a good scapegoat. They’ll kick him to the curb when Gaza is nothing but burning white phosphorous and say ‘drat wish we saw what kind of monster he was earlier’ and then carry on his policies with the backing of the west and media as usual.

Israel is a democracy, a dysfunctional one thanks to fascism, but to act like the government doesn’t represent the majority view of the people is naive.

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica
meanwhile in another part of the world...

https://twitter.com/USAmbKyiv/status/1717881170329772178

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

right before the Ukraine war started (this round, anyways) I was telling people that they were about to see just how much of a difference it makes when the victims are white and it's european buildings blowing up

:smith:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
what's the general political breakdown in israel, anyway? i know netanyahu got back in as part of a coalition with a slim margin but i'm really curious why the system seems so beholden to the settlements and their supporters when there's a sizable minority that want a peaceful solution and presumably a lot of other conflicting interests at play

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Demiurge4 posted:

Israel is a democracy, a dysfunctional one thanks to fascism, but to act like the government doesn’t represent the majority view of the people is naive.

it does not - the majority of the people would and should include all the people who live in the West Bank.

Israel is not a democracy while it controls the West Bank but refuses to give the people there representation.

It is an Apartheid state and should be under sanctions and isolation until it becomes a democracy.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

ungulateman posted:

what's the general political breakdown in israel, anyway? i know netanyahu got back in as part of a coalition with a slim margin but i'm really curious why the system seems so beholden to the settlements and their supporters when there's a sizable minority that want a peaceful solution and presumably a lot of other conflicting interests at play

I mean don't they have a pretty rabid bloodthirsty right wing that assassinates its leaders?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Source: Goon, but I think this is an accurate breakdown:

Lum_ posted:

The Zionist left in Israel (who still support a two state solution) is essentially dead. Meretz and Labor poll about 6%.

The non-Zionist left (the Israeli Arab parties, including Hadash which has a few leftist Jews) also support a two state solution and poll around 10%

The haredi ultra-religious parties mainly only care about their own thing but generally support the status quo and poll around 14%

The centrist parties (Yesh Atid, National Union) support the status quo (which, btw is literally dictionary definiton apartheid - quasi-independent enclaves to ensure Palestinians don't get citizenship, with the best land reserved for Israelis). They poll around 27% (considerably more now since Likud's support has collapsed)

The right-wing parties (Likud, Yisrael Beitenu) support eventual annexation or the status quo depending on the day of the week and who you ask. They poll around 28% (considerably less now)

The fascist parties (Religious Zionism, Otzma Yehudit) support immediate annexation and ethnic cleansing. They poll around 11%.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Tuna-Fish posted:

When one of those reports was delivered to Bibi, he accused the person who brought it of being a leftist.

Do you have a source for this? I absolutely believe he would do something this stupid, but it'd be nice to have a source to refer to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So, um, school's out :smith:

https://twitter.com/Roi_ro1/status/1717951364020531323

If even one bit of this is true anyone supporting Israel is the same as supporting a Nazi in my eyes.