Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
Important info I did not realize until now is that Subpar Pool is from the same dev as Holedown. I am definitely buying it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Anyone else playing Reverse: 1999?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTPq-9k0m3A

It got released 2 days ago and it's pretty fun. Simple but strategic card based combat and a ton of production value. My biggest complaint is lack of auto battle because at some point within the next week or two I guarantee I'll want to stop manually playing the game to just auto grind resources. There's a speed up button but it barely does anything

There's a ton of stuff to do in this game and as usual there are a zillion bits and resources to farm and I have no idea what most of them do. I'm just kinda mashing buttons and seeing what happens but the simple combat allows me to play this while I watch TV so I'll probably play it until I hit some kind of annoying wall or until it becomes an unfun grind but so far it's holding my interest

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Everyone's talking about it in the gacha thread

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Elephant Ambush posted:

Anyone else playing Reverse: 1999?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTPq-9k0m3A

It got released 2 days ago and it's pretty fun. Simple but strategic card based combat and a ton of production value. My biggest complaint is lack of auto battle because at some point within the next week or two I guarantee I'll want to stop manually playing the game to just auto grind resources. There's a speed up button but it barely does anything

There's a ton of stuff to do in this game and as usual there are a zillion bits and resources to farm and I have no idea what most of them do. I'm just kinda mashing buttons and seeing what happens but the simple combat allows me to play this while I watch TV so I'll probably play it until I hit some kind of annoying wall or until it becomes an unfun grind but so far it's holding my interest

After you beat a level with all goals met you unlock replay for it. So there is auto battle. It's the button to the left of playing it normally.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Everyone's talking about it in the gacha thread

Here's the link to said thread for those who want it

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

After you beat a level with all goals met you unlock replay for it. So there is auto battle. It's the button to the left of playing it normally.

Thanks!

Kheldarn posted:

Here's the link to said thread for those who want it

Thanks!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zoeb posted:

I had a lot of fun playing through almost the entire Dragon Quest series on mobile. It's not a gatcha game. I also loved Monument Valley and its sequel. I am hungering for good Android games that are explicitly not gatcha. I hate gatcha and hate that mobile gaming seems to revolve around what is basically gambling. Having in app purchases is fine. There was a Mario infinite runner that had one in app purchase to buy all the content past the first few levels. That is fine. I'm just not sure how to search for non-gatcha, buy it up front games. There's so so much shovelware.

The first half dozen Final Fantasy games are on play, and aren't gatcha and if you beat the Dragon Quest series on android you won't have a problem with the controls. Also Chronotrigger. Actually, everything that actually costs money from Square Enix isn't gatcha. They have gatcha games, but they are free, so avoid those.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I am playing Warhammer Tacticus, its being advertised allover the place but the aesthetics are good and the gameplay is fun too. I've been itching for a nice hero collecting game and this one is not bad at all

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
Anyone trying warcraft rumble? I'm having fun so far.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
I am as well. It's pretty good. I'm wondering when the other shoe will drop and I'll just get annoyed at PVPing against overlevelled things but at least the early leagues are level capped which makes it feel much more fair than in Clash Royale. I played that game way too much and only ever had 1 deck that was max levelled, with how grindy it was I never got to use anything else ever because it would take way to long to level cap it.

This game does make you want to level up your whole collection though as it gives you continuously increasing bonuses to levelling up everything else.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
It is pretty fun. Gonna enjoy it until I get priced out of progression.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I've been playing a lot of Dawncaster lately, I'm only on Normal still but I think I just graduated

one point of damage too many :negative:

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I've been playing Warcraft Rumble and I'm not very good. I like seeing the Warcraft minis though!

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
pokemon-esque Coromon appears to be launching on android today/tomorrow (not sure what time zone they're referring to when they say November 8th as it's already the 8th here in australia.

its a pretty good pokemon style game, also available on pc but a fair bit cheaper on mobile from the looks of things. i played the android demo about a year ago until the end of it and it felt like a solid implementation, so could be worth checking out if you like monster battling games

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
What's the best, most basic match 3 game these days? I played Bejeweled Classic for a long time but also it doesn't run on my phone anymore.and I can't find it on the play store so I don't know if it. Still exists???

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Royal Match is nice if for no other reason than there's no ads.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

YggiDee posted:

What's the best, most basic match 3 game these days? I played Bejeweled Classic for a long time but also it doesn't run on my phone anymore.and I can't find it on the play store so I don't know if it. Still exists???

Candy crush?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It's unfortunate that Bejeweled 3, as it is on PC, was never ported to mobile.

That game is perfect.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's unfortunate that Bejeweled 3, as it is on PC, was never ported to mobile.

That game is perfect.

It actually was, but only for the Chinese market many, many years ago. I think there is a fan-edited .apk floating around somewhere that modified the Chinese game to have English text.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Classic Bejeweled is like half of Bejeweled 3, it's got the lightning/ice storm/butterfly/zen modes

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

That Cyber Rebellion game that was mentioned a while back has launched it seems.
Barely had a chance to try it, but it sure looks pretty.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Classic Bejeweled is like half of Bejeweled 3, it's got the lightning/ice storm/butterfly/zen modes

Right, but B3 had Dig (my personal favourite) and Poker, along with one or two others I'm forgetting right now. When I used to do sound design and music for Spielo (slot machine company), we got the licenses for some Popcap games and so we made gambling games based on Bejeweled 3, Zuma Deluxe, and PvZ. I worked on the first two, and let me tell you, a lot of 'research' was done in my office with the pc versions. God, I played those so loving much.

I hate that they're kind of janky on Steam. Bejeweled deserves better!

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Classic has Diamond Mine (which is what I assume you mean by dig) and Poker games.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Tsietisin posted:

Classic has Diamond Mine (which is what I assume you mean by dig) and Poker games.

Wait, really?

Well gently caress, forget I said anything, then. Nice. I don't know how I forgot this, was there another mobile version based on B3 that was more limited?

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop
I just tried bejeweled classic, it locked to landscape mode and then went to an add I couldn't skip. Not great!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, my 6 year old is very much into Mario Maker 2, and loves making his own stuff to play.

He recently got into Geometry Dash and saw that there was a level editor. Apparently, it's for the full version of GD, which Google Play tells me is for an older version of my phone.

My question is, does anyone have any recommendations for games like Geometry Dash where you can make your own levels? I've seen a bunch of people on google who have developed their own level editor to mod into the game, but I'm not interested in that.

Failing a GD-like experience, are there any platformers on Android that let you make your own stuff?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Levelhead is not like GD but it is built around being a Mario Maker for mobile

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

TheDK posted:

I've been playing Warcraft Rumble and I'm not very good. I like seeing the Warcraft minis though!

We have a few guilds running in the iOS games thread - feel free to join GoonSquadTwo if you want!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

ROJO posted:

We have a few guilds running in the iOS games thread - feel free to join GoonSquadTwo if you want!

Request sent!

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

TheDK posted:

Request sent!

Added! Anyone else who wants to join let me know if you send a request, I want to keep it goon only since slots are so limited

Edit: it's full now, but if others want to join, I will kick some people who didn't indicate on SA somewhere they were joining. Let me know!

ROJO fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 12, 2023

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

ROJO posted:

Added! Anyone else who wants to join let me know if you send a request, I want to keep it goon only since slots are so limited

Edit: it's full now, but if others want to join, I will kick some people who didn't indicate on SA somewhere they were joining. Let me know!

I will join. Name is DonIncognito

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

NPR Journalizard posted:

I will join. Name is DonIncognito

There should be space now, go ahead and join

Jows
May 8, 2002

ROJO posted:

There should be space now, go ahead and join

Game seems fun enough, got room for another?

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Jows posted:

Game seems fun enough, got room for another?

Yup, whats your battle.net name so I know who to accept?

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
You may not have any extra slots but I submitted a join request as Antlions.
Game is pretty fun and PvP being a side mode instead of the only gameplay is refreshing. Is there a guide or best practices to how i should be spending my gold? (I assume i just want to be unlocking new units to boost my level as much as possible?)

pray for my aunt fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Nov 13, 2023

Elerion
May 31, 2011

pray for my aunt posted:

Is there a guide or best practices to how i should be spending my gold? (I assume i just want to be unlocking new units to boost my level as much as possible?)

Basically, yes. New minis increase your collection level which speeds up progression.

I'd say the priority to buy stuff off the GRID should be roughly:
1. Leaders you lack (Only one faction's leaders are available on the GRID every week, so get them while they're there. You REALLY want to have one leader from each faction, and you'll want every leader for collection level purposes soon anyway.)
2. Good minis you are missing (Some minis are universally super useful in PVE like harpies, quillboar, earth elemental, pyromancer. Those 4 almost never leave my deck regardless of what I'm playing. Here's a good guide to some others )
3. Any other minis you are missing for collection level + flexibility.
4. At this point if a super useful mini shows up as rare in the GRID you can consider buying it since it's a big discount, but I honestly wouldn't bother since making things uncommon is far more important. I wouldn't buy anything epic.
5. Stars for your favorite minis to get them to uncommon.
6. The best talent for your uncommon mini (WARNING: If you buy the wrong talent there's no way to fix that other than leveling the mini to rare, which takes forever. Check a list like this one before you buy.)
7. After you've upgraded every mini you care about to uncommon and talented, start thinking about buying/making something rare/epic.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

pray for my aunt posted:

You may not have any extra slots but I submitted a join request as Antlions.
Game is pretty fun and PvP being a side mode instead of the only gameplay is refreshing. Is there a guide or best practices to how i should be spending my gold? (I assume i just want to be unlocking new units to boost my level as much as possible?)

Added!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

What does this warcraft game play like exactly? Is it a turn based gatcha RPG thing a la Galaxy of Heroes?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

explosivo posted:

What does this warcraft game play like exactly? Is it a turn based gatcha RPG thing a la Galaxy of Heroes?

If you have played Clash Royale it's essentially that, it's a lane based autobattler where you drop units into lanes and try and use them to blow up enemy towers. It's better that CR in the sense that it has more map variety and the PVP is secondary to pretty good PVE with a lot of map gimmicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CuddleCryptid posted:

If you have played Clash Royale it's essentially that, it's a lane based autobattler where you drop units into lanes and try and use them to blow up enemy towers. It's better that CR in the sense that it has more map variety and the PVP is secondary to pretty good PVE with a lot of map gimmicks.

Oh eh, not really interested in another CR. Thanks!