Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

saying its bad he only got 4 years does not have to mean you think prison is good, it can be a comment on how severely the crime is treated relative to other crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I love human rights violations, unironically

mystes
May 31, 2006

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

ok cool where's that
Somewhere cool and leftist and not at all like american prisons, like say the xinjiang interment camps

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mystes posted:

Somewhere cool and leftist and not at all like american prisons, like say the xinjiang interment camps

xinjiang is a cool story in terms of china's demonstrated growth: like fifteen years ago, owning a car was out of reach for much of even beijing, but nowadays almost every xinjiang household owns a car

mystes
May 31, 2006

that sounds like a pretty bad human rights violation

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

mystes posted:

Do you believe the stories told in western media?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

Do you believe the stories told in western media?
No that's why we should send drivers there

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Rode my bike today

I went to visit a friend on Friday.

Stayed the night and rode back home yesterday.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Tiggum posted:

I went to visit a friend on Friday.

Stayed the night and rode back home yesterday.

dang that's a good pace. Love too see it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The 110 between downtown Los Angeles and Pasadena will hate cars for a few hours today.

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1718414925524357187

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

nomad2020 posted:

Sending a note to my senator about banning high capacity gas tanks and fully automatic transmissions.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Platystemon posted:

The 110 between downtown Los Angeles and Pasadena will hate cars for a few hours today.

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1718414925524357187

Already dreading the article about the idiot in a hurry who decided he had to use that road at that time and killed a bunch of people. I guess he might be a domestic terrorist of he's brown?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol at my compatriots fantasies about other countries

quote:

The reason for not stopping at pedestrian crossings in Turkey:

One of the main reasons is that the cities in Turkey are just like big villages. When you place residences and workplaces around boulevards with four lanes in each direction in cities with millions of inhabitants, it becomes impossible to manage pedestrian traffic. In developed countries, places like businesses, residences, shopping malls, and social facilities are distant from each other, and there are highways in between. You can quickly get to where you want to go without any traffic lights or pedestrian crossings. Later, in the places you go to, you'll see plenty of traffic lights, intersections, and pedestrian crossings. And in these places where traffic naturally moves slowly, you'll see that pedestrians are given priority at crossings. No one, like us, places pedestrian crossings in the middle of highways, so such absurd situations don't arise.

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 05:50 on Oct 30, 2023

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

ok cool where's that

pretty far out of town, you'll have to drive there

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I saw a lifted F-250 KING RANCH edition in the wild and lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

FuturePerfect VideoGames posted:

I saw a lifted F-250 KING RANCH edition in the wild and lol

I saw a F-150 BLACK OPS recently and lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

my bony fealty posted:

I saw a F-150 BLACK OPS recently and lol

lol I had to see if it was real and it is.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

those trucks are so badass with the extra big wheels

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

mawarannahr posted:

lol I had to see if it was real and it is.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/jeep-wrangler-call-of-duty-mw3-edition

ive seen one of these irl

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

hate cars don't drive etc but I saw one of these yesterday and it's the cutest thing

technically a van... 1992 Mitsubishi Delica Chamonix L300 4WD

:3:

one can appreciate the aesthetic and the work the designers and engineers and workers put in...

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 20:08 on Oct 29, 2023

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

mawarannahr posted:

hate cars don't drive etc but I saw one of these yesterday and it's the cutest thing

technically a van... 1992 Mitsubishi Delica Chamonix L300 4WD

:3:

one can appreciate the aesthetic and the work the designers and engineers and workers put in...

that’s enough of a people mover to be a small bus and when properly deployed we dont hate those

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
that thing rules

its a turbodiesel too, would be pretty much perfect for camping in the mountains n stuff like that

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

yuppie 80s nostalgia glamping van driven mostly driven around by DINKS

if it's owned by like, a summer camp or something I guess I'd let it slide, otherwise

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

webcams for christ posted:

yuppie 80s nostalgia glamping van driven mostly driven around by DINKS

if it's owned by like, a summer camp or something I guess I'd let it slide, otherwise

the late-stage capitalist hellscape we live in means it’s likely someone’s home, with any luck they are an instatiktuber to at least get some $ out of making GBS threads in bags.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Grassy Knowles posted:

the late-stage capitalist hellscape we live in means it’s likely someone’s home, with any luck they are an instatiktuber to at least get some $ out of making GBS threads in bags.

if someone's got one of those in good condition they have a garage they keep it in, they're like $20k and early '90s Japanese cars rust away super easy, nowadays youll only ever find old 70s/80s japanese cars in yearround drt deserts and places that don't salt their roads like seattle

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

this... this one gets to live

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

love the aesthetic, hate the car

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I've seen a few of those used as USPS delivery vehicles in the rural parts of the Rockies. Dirt roads, snow, etc. Right hand drive. 4X4. Can haul lots of poo poo. Perfect.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

FirstnameLastname posted:

if someone's got one of those in good condition they have a garage they keep it in, they're like $20k and early '90s Japanese cars rust away super easy, nowadays youll only ever find old 70s/80s japanese cars in yearround drt deserts and places that don't salt their roads like seattle

mahwawhatever lives in the pnw and I see plenty of those and kei trucks in the wild as well. you can get one imported for a little under 10k from Vancouver here, kei trucks are even cheaper. sucks for everybody else though!

edit: salting roads is yet another assault on our local ecology meted out by big car

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Babe you can break down on my unpaved shoulder any time.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

SirPablo posted:

This guy seems like a huge douche bag.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

joe Doucheray

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
I wish I could spend my entire life getting paid a handsome wage to write the dumbest poo poo the world has ever seen

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
can you write computer programs?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

mawarannahr posted:

lol at my compatriots fantasies about other countries

don't tell them about Delaware

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Woke: bakfiets

Bespoke:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

nws I guess

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
good news

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

they’re going to destroy every last skatepark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008