Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

…Tits fans

I think you have a QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I nut

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Pimpcasso posted:

Billy loving jeans

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
https://twitter.com/mickeyryan1045/status/1718709435856560148?s=46

BUILD THE STATUE

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Eating, admittedly, a lot of crow right now.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Probably Magic posted:

Eating, admittedly, a lot of crow right now.

Well, you'd know more if your team would play players.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kirios posted:

…Tits fans

I think you have a QB.

lol maybe wait until they play a team that's not Atlanta

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
in other news, it looks like this AJ Brown guy in Philly is pretty good.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Petition to change the name back to the Tennessee Oilers

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

EvilBeard posted:

in other news, it looks like this AJ Brown guy in Philly is pretty good.

Titans will sign him when he has 1 year left on his career. He'll score at TD then retire.

And we just broke Levis

Edit: Nevermind, he's young and not brittle yet

enigma105 fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 29, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
can't even beat the panthers lol

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I love billy jeans

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Will RAINMAKER Levis

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Why is Levis so good wtf

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It’s over! It’s over! Nashville is a city of champions once again!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

This is amazing

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
There is a 0% chance Tannehill makes that last throw.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Cousins popped an Achilles

Tanny to Vikings confirmed

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Three-way bidding war between the Jets, Falcons, and Vikings for Tanny's corpse.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

TITS UP

BILLY loving JEANS

LFG

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I like how Atlanta needed 1 yard to keep the game alive, and they didn't run, and they went to Van Jefferson of all people. Very on brand.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Big Billy Jeans

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!
Where's the "undo trade" button? Gotta get Byard that ring.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Colts offense: good.
Colts defense: utter dogshit.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
e: wrong thread but still

Oilers

Bitch

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Has never been quite so appropriate.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Jacksonville Jaguars have never not been in first place this season

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Might have to watch the Titans if this is the Levis turnaround. Will I also put mayo in my coffee? No.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

I think they're on like 5th and 6th string CBs. Guys should definitely not be playing meaningful time, but that's what happens with suspensions and injuries. Still need to address that next year.

The pass rushers also have vanished.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

JT Jag posted:

Has never been quite so appropriate.

Sir, the Colts are 3-5, thank you.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

EvilBeard posted:

Sir, the Colts are 3-5, thank you.

Just finish them at 4-13 to save editing.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Elephanthead posted:

Just finish them at 4-13 to save editing.

I sadly think they get to 6 or maybe 7 if the offense stays this good. The defense will lose plenty of them, but against teams who don't score well, they'll be in the games.

The Colts run game looked great, unfortunately they got into a shootout and had to rely on Minshew and that's never good. He's just too slow making decisions. It's like Brissett. It's not that he makes a lot of bad decisions, it's that he's like 1 second slow making every one.

Depending on the final score of the Broncos game, the Colts will be worst, or second worst scoring defense in the league. They're giving up over 28 points per game.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Oct 30, 2023

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

EvilBeard posted:

TBH I think the front 7 is good enough, but good God the corners are not good. And having not good corners in the NFL is almost the same as having a bad defense.

E: also the colts d being bad on the scoreboard is kind of misleading because of all the turnovers giving short fields to opposition and the d getting gassed from playing too much.

KrunkMcGrunk fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 30, 2023

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Still thinking about that Billy Jean tuddy

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rodgers got suspended and cut for gambling, Brents is hurt, Flowers is done for the year. Those were the top three corners outside of Kenny Moore who is the slot guy. Jones is playing pretty well, but every other guy at CB is just terrible. The safeties aren't living up to their potential or are erratic as hell. I know the Colts were willing to live with the young guys learning and developing, but that plan is kinda shot with the injuries.

The edge rushers also haven't developed. They have a lot of solid players on the line, but outside of Buckner, nobody is really demanding attention or consistently getting pressure. The LBs are all great at tackling but struggle in coverage and Leonard looks like he's permanently lost a step and doesn't have the impact he used to.

So the defense has some work to do and will need attention in the draft and FA.

The offense is great though, and adding one top WR and having a healthy Richardson will hopefully take them to the next level.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

Still thinking about that Billy Jean tuddy

Lmao which one my man. They were all very good

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Lmao which one my man. They were all very good

This one https://youtu.be/G5UDhv-qJaw?si=71URT15M2IdY-MBd

That ball went vroom

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Codependent Poster posted:

Rodgers got suspended and cut for gambling, Brents is hurt, Flowers is done for the year. Those were the top three corners outside of Kenny Moore who is the slot guy. Jones is playing pretty well, but every other guy at CB is just terrible. The safeties aren't living up to their potential or are erratic as hell. I know the Colts were willing to live with the young guys learning and developing, but that plan is kinda shot with the injuries.

The edge rushers also haven't developed. They have a lot of solid players on the line, but outside of Buckner, nobody is really demanding attention or consistently getting pressure. The LBs are all great at tackling but struggle in coverage and Leonard looks like he's permanently lost a step and doesn't have the impact he used to.

The offense is great though, and adding one top WR and having a healthy Richardson will hopefully take them to the next level.

I feel like they're asking the lbs to do a lot to make up for the corners/safeties. The corners being bad makes for opposing receivers getting open faster and more often which has a knock-on effect for the pass rush and making the LBs scramble all over the field to help coverage.

I really think they're like an edge rusher and a good corner (and a whole pile of injuries) away from a top ten defense. Also having an offense not constantly turning over the ball and putting the d in bad positions would also be nice!

I'd love to see them pick a wr 1st round and a edge rusher 2nd round, then pick up a good CB in FA.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Dunno if that one or the one to NWI were more impressive but either way. I’m geeked up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

Paye is Clowney 2.0. he's excellent against the run, but he's struggling to get to the passer. I don't know why they continue to play the safety tandem we have been. Play Cross and see if he's worse than what we have.