Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

CodFishBalls posted:

Jim Harbaugh can go to the NFL but he has to coach the worst team*

*this is left to the readers as an exercise

It's always the readers own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

would totally be fine with Harbaugh coaching the Flacons instead of whatever the hell Arthur Smith is trying to accomplish

https://x.com/MattStewartTV/status/1718678618203951557?s=20

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Come home to the NFCW, Harbaugh.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jim Harbaugh is sentenced to the bears

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Whole lotta weird chatter about Brian Ferentz without a whole lot of confirmation today!

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

Whole lotta weird chatter about Brian Ferentz without a whole lot of confirmation today!

Multi-year extension incoming.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

korrandark posted:

Multi-year extension incoming.

https://x.com/HeavensFX/status/1719018030867288533?s=20

lmao

it's a deepfake

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/davideickholt/status/1719029127796179021?s=46

savor this final month

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://theathletic.com/5010903/2023/10/29/iowa-northwestern-week-10-over-under/

College Game of the Decade.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

jim Harbaugh is sentenced to the bears

You're a cruel cruel man RD.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm glad Iowa is getting all the attention since Nebraska/MSU is not far off at 35.5

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I somehow hope this is official and a done deal and Iowa's offense somehow just goes off in the final month without the pressure of actually having to score some points now and then. Now they can just score points for the joy of it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Classic Ferentz move, punting the actual decision to the end of the season

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I'd love to watch Iowa play USC.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Incredible picture to use

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I was kinda hoping he would stick around just to see the comedy of how toxic it could get

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Must be looking to spend more time away from his family.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

i am a moron posted:

Kyle McCord kinda stinky but the winningest OSU teams I’ve seen have also been some of their most bizarre. The last one having Cardale go loving insane from the B10 championship game through the Natty, and then prior to that the entire season hinged on defense and Maurice Clarett in ‘02. I thought the ND game was gritty and these last two wins have been classic OSU victories. Biggest problem this season seems to be the O line kinda doody. The play calling is kinda dogshit too, how many loving times are you gonna run on 1st down Ryan

He’s called better games the last couple weeks. Figuring out the windback power/counter and less zone for Trey so he can just get to speed and go is a nice touch, works slightly better for Chip too but I kind of don’t want him playing over Dallas and Miyan now. The biggest issue with the running game at this point is Cade hasn’t learned how to block and Simmons/Hinzman get whacked at the line a lot when asked to pull or move up.

McCord is weird because he’s extremely bad at things I would expect a generic game manager to nail but occasionally looks brilliant downfield. His biggest issues right now are his feet. First half of games, he’s not stepping in and trying to flat foot everything and throwing to spots poorly. Second half, his feet settle down and then he waits a step too long to throw guys open. Both halves, he’s overstriding backwards. You can’t take a 5-7 step drop while already in gun and expect your Ts to win that far in the backfield—that’s a lot of space to bend. It’s why we suddenly have been spamming Mesh and slant choice again—easy as hell to read and takes advantage of TE/RB wheels with WRs who can force the routes open. If you go back and look, Day dusted off the Haskins packages entirely because he has to reduce some of the complexity right now in favor of quick game and clean reads on the sideline and edge. Moving Harrison makes a bunch of those plays workable. If they can get Kyle’s feet moving forward so he gets his velocity and targets consistent, he’s probably no worse than like…Cardale or Krenzel. Stetson loving Bennett just won 2 and basically isn’t that different than what we’ve seen out of him to this point.

If they don’t chase 2 Ts in the portal this year, I’m furious. Simmons needs to be 20 pounds heavier. Fryar is a G. Maybe Montgomery is ready to play next year but good god Studrawa needed fired 2 years prior. Day won’t tolerate bad QB play for 2 years so if Kyle is the reason we lose games the rest of the way, he’s not going to be guaranteed a job and has 2 more talented guys in the room now with a third on the way. I cannot describe how annoying I find the part where Day simultaneously presses our recruiting and conference advantages to a level never before seen yet just refuses to play backups or get reps to guys who need to develop so we know what we have an aren’t surprised by this.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/HoustonChron/status/1719029156057649626

:argh:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

CodFishBalls posted:

Jim Harbaugh can go to the NFL but he has to coach the worst team*

*this is left to the readers as an exercise

Commanders, so that the Baltimore-Washington metro area is completely Harbaughized

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

And it's at Wrigley Field

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

And it's at Wrigley Field

At least they will honor Wrigley Field by putting up a baseball score

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Excuse but the mighty wildcats put 33 on the fearsome Maryland defense.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Great, does this means the Titans can go back to the Oilers name and colors?

... Or the Texans?

No, just gonna squat on it? Okay.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Failson posted:

... Or the Texans?

The Titans literally wore Oilers uniforms yesterday.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

would rather they use it than the titans. so gross to see them wearing the uniforms at throwbacks.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Failson posted:

... Or the Texans?

lol the Titans keep wearing Oilers uniforms whenever they play the Texans.

https://www.khou.com/article/sports/nfl/texans/jj-watt-oilers-uniforms-texans-titans/285-7903c6b5-a133-4d10-9b61-5499aaad550a

Aenobarbus
Nov 7, 2012

take the quotation marks from 'not expected' and put them on 'offensive', ty

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Aenobarbus posted:

Well he is rather offensive. Just in a different sense.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TheGreyGhost posted:

He’s called better games the last couple weeks. Figuring out the windback power/counter and less zone for Trey so he can just get to speed and go is a nice touch, works slightly better for Chip too but I kind of don’t want him playing over Dallas and Miyan now. The biggest issue with the running game at this point is Cade hasn’t learned how to block and Simmons/Hinzman get whacked at the line a lot when asked to pull or move up.

McCord is weird because he’s extremely bad at things I would expect a generic game manager to nail but occasionally looks brilliant downfield. His biggest issues right now are his feet. First half of games, he’s not stepping in and trying to flat foot everything and throwing to spots poorly. Second half, his feet settle down and then he waits a step too long to throw guys open. Both halves, he’s overstriding backwards. You can’t take a 5-7 step drop while already in gun and expect your Ts to win that far in the backfield—that’s a lot of space to bend. It’s why we suddenly have been spamming Mesh and slant choice again—easy as hell to read and takes advantage of TE/RB wheels with WRs who can force the routes open. If you go back and look, Day dusted off the Haskins packages entirely because he has to reduce some of the complexity right now in favor of quick game and clean reads on the sideline and edge. Moving Harrison makes a bunch of those plays workable. If they can get Kyle’s feet moving forward so he gets his velocity and targets consistent, he’s probably no worse than like…Cardale or Krenzel. Stetson loving Bennett just won 2 and basically isn’t that different than what we’ve seen out of him to this point.

If they don’t chase 2 Ts in the portal this year, I’m furious. Simmons needs to be 20 pounds heavier. Fryar is a G. Maybe Montgomery is ready to play next year but good god Studrawa needed fired 2 years prior. Day won’t tolerate bad QB play for 2 years so if Kyle is the reason we lose games the rest of the way, he’s not going to be guaranteed a job and has 2 more talented guys in the room now with a third on the way. I cannot describe how annoying I find the part where Day simultaneously presses our recruiting and conference advantages to a level never before seen yet just refuses to play backups or get reps to guys who need to develop so we know what we have an aren’t surprised by this.

Fryar was getting his rear end whipped in pass pro BAD on Saturday.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

sportsgenius86 posted:

Fryar was getting his rear end whipped in pass pro BAD on Saturday.

Remember that time 2 years ago we started 4 Ts on the OL? Now it’s 4 guards.

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a T at Ohio state with the hand placement he uses. It’s like he’s constantly trying to win narrow and get a pancake when the whole job in pass pro is width and redirection. The fact that Frye won’t even try Tegra at that spot is maddening right now.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

It’s official

https://twitter.com/nicoleauerbach/status/1719075071279374517?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

Good riddance, have fun back as the OL coach for the Patriots with whatever dumbshit replaces Bellechik

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Aenobarbus posted:

It's official with a Statment from the AD now.

https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com...kirk-fired-bhgp

Edit: Scooped. :saddumb:

Ginger Beer Belly fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 30, 2023

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Imagine hiring and then having to fire your idiot failson

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

DC Murderverse posted:

It’s official

https://twitter.com/nicoleauerbach/status/1719075071279374517?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

Good riddance, have fun back as the OL coach for the Patriots with whatever dumbshit replaces Bellechik

As much as he sucked as OC, Ferentz the lesser was a solid OL coach back in the day.

Surprised Kirk couldn't manage a demotion for his failson instead of termination

Ulesi
Aug 30, 2023

I'm going to watch the whole thing just because I hate myself.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ulesi posted:

I'm going to watch the whole thing just because I hate myself.

hell, same

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I have to admit, I am sort of weirdly triggered by the Titans wearing the Oilers uniforms and putting the Oilers logos on the field. I'm not an Oilers fan or anything, but it just feels wrong to me.

I also have to say I'm really surprised they announced the firing of Brian Ferentz before the season even ended and that Kirk didn't fall on his sword.

Komet fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 30, 2023

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Komet posted:

I have to admit, I am sort of weirdly triggered by the Titans wearing the Oilers uniforms and putting the Oilers logos on the field. I'm not an Oilers fan or anything, but it just feels wrong to me.

They call it Tennessee Tea after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Texas is bringing the 13th worst red zone offense against the K-State and the 3rd best red zone defense and I hope everyone is excited to see both of those numbers switch places/get even more pronounced (delete as appropriate) this weekend.