Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
In game vehicles should have CarPlay with apple music/spotify/google music options!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Is this FH specific?

Remember how the original Xbox let you load mp3s into it and then play your music inside of games? I want that back so badly. Is there some bootleg way to do this?
Forza Horizon 3 has the Groove radio station that only appears if you connect to Xbox Live from a US IP and streams music from a playlist hosted on your OneDrive account

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Ruffian Price posted:

Forza Horizon 3 has the Groove radio station that only appears if you connect to Xbox Live from a US IP and streams music from a playlist hosted on your OneDrive account

Jesus christ

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Ruffian Price posted:

I loved this feature, considering I already used onedrive to stream my music for a while and still do.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Professor Beetus posted:

Yeah, the way they handled that on a game by game basis on the og Xbox was really cool when implemented well. When the GTA trilogy made it to Xbox, it set the gold standard which I don't think any game really came close to matching. They made a CD player and put it at the end of the radio dial, for playing your own mp3s. And just like the in game music, it would play when you drove, stop when you parked, and it you bail out and leave the car running you still hear the music coming out of the car like normal. They called it a tape deck in Vice City. Nothing else ever seemed quite as well integrated, but I remember one of those GTA knockoffs having a custom music option (I think it was one of both of the true crime games?) Black had the ability for custom tracks and I think it just replaced the music in the the levels with whatever mp3s you had loaded up.

NFL 2K5 had pretty crazy implementation where you could get very granular and break things down into clips to play in the stadiums for various events like hometeam touchdowns and stuff, and layered sound effects to make it sound like it was actually being played in a stadium.

The way you can mute the game music and play Spotify now is okay, but it just doesn't have the same vibe.

Fuzion Frenzy you could straight up select specific albums or playlists to replace the in-game music that would work the same way. Because we needed to make that game feel even more tied to the early 2000s.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I discovered a couple of artists that I like to this day on Forza Horizon radio stations, they have some really great stuff in that series.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I never had an OG Xbox but I definitely played a ton of Tony Hawk's Project 8 to my friends band's cd that I had ripped into my Xbox. Just loved that poo poo.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
If you don't play racing sims with the Days of Thunder score playing are you even racing

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

TheScott2K posted:

If you don't play racing sims with the Days of Thunder score playing are you even racing

I only listen to that score while rubbin’, but as the saying goes~

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I posted it in the deal thread, but Gamefly has the XBoxOne / Series X Diablo IV for $28 shipped right now.
I bought it, so that means it will probably magically go on gamepass next week right before I get the disc.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Soul Glo posted:

I only listen to that score while rubbin’, but as the saying goes~

I don't care what anyone says, rubbin' is racing

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

otter posted:

I posted it in the deal thread, but Gamefly has the XBoxOne / Series X Diablo IV for $28 shipped right now.
I bought it, so that means it will probably magically go on gamepass next week right before I get the disc.

Enjoy the mediocrity. It's half baked as hell and the season mode stuff doesn't help that the game just isn't very fun or good.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

otter posted:

Presumably some (if not all?) the Acti/Blizz games on Xbox will come to Game Pass next year and beyond. Definitely not next week though :cheeky:

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Except that now I have paid money for it, Phil may hit the button.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

joylessdivision posted:

Enjoy the mediocrity. It's half baked as hell and the season mode stuff doesn't help that the game just isn't very fun or good.

idk lots of people seeming to enjoy season 2 especially for the romp up to about mid 70s at least. 20ish hours if you skip the campaign, 40ish if not. probably worth it if you think you’d play it in a couple years with more patches/expansions, like was needed for d2 and 3

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

harrygomm posted:

idk lots of people seeming to enjoy season 2 especially for the romp up to about mid 70s at least. 20ish hours if you skip the campaign, 40ish if not. probably worth it if you think you’d play it in a couple years with more patches/expansions, like was needed for d2 and 3

I've sunk enough hours into the base game, last season and this new season to say with confidence, it's not good. It's a slog to get to 50 when the powers actually get fun. If they patch it a few more times and make it better I'll come back but I'm just not feeling it at this point.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

joylessdivision posted:

I've sunk enough hours into the base game, last season and this new season to say with confidence, it's not good. It's a slog to get to 50 when the powers actually get fun. If they patch it a few more times and make it better I'll come back but I'm just not feeling it at this point.

I beat the game and discovered every altar then started a seasonal character. It's not perfect but had a better launch than Diablo 3. Maybe a matter of taste? I can hardly go back to diablo 2 but can play 3 all day.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Martman posted:

I dunno why I'm so terrible at just, playing games while they're available, but it's kinda fun rushing to see if I can finish stuff before it leaves gamepass. Signalis is freakin sweet, we'll see if I can get it done by tonight

Oh man I hate this

I wish they'd give like... 3 months warning at least. Feels like they give a week or two at most

Signalis was fine but it wasn't for me, wish it was, very well made indie but it just didn't work for me, got a few levels in.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I tried Signalis but it didn't click for me either, which is fine and gamepass rules to get to try out stuff.

Steam is also pretty good for that with refunds tbh

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

joylessdivision posted:

doesn’t seem like you played season 2 much then. it takes about 3 hours to get to 50 and, outside of druid and maybe to taste barb, you get your cook powers either in character creation (if you did renown before) or by level 10 which is about 20 minutes into the game. i don’t particularly like this season because everyone has access to stuff that makes any build differences not really matter because anything can screen clear with any ability and overflow with loot in a few hours or less, if you’ve done it before. end game for sure still lacking, and if the current team gets to start with it, yeah it’s the kinda game to recommend without qualification in like half a year or a year

$28 bucks for a blizzard game though is pay good, since they don’t tend to go on sale all the time. though the prospect of it coming to game pass does temper that if the plan is to play it in s year when it’s been patched a bunch

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Tbh I'd rather have $28 than a Blizzard game.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

ColdPie posted:

I'd prefer a Dairy Queen Blizzard instead

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

ColdPie posted:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I'd prefer a Dairy Queen Blizzard instead

you could probably get a handful of those for $28

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Is this FH specific?

Remember how the original Xbox let you load mp3s into it and then play your music inside of games? I want that back so badly. Is there some bootleg way to do this?

There are a handful of apps on the Microsoft Store that will play mp3s/FLACs off of a USB stick. One of them (can’t remember the name) has much better reviews than the others.

It’s not integrated into games other than you turn the game music down and balance the volume of the music playing through the app, but works well enough.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Oh man I hate this

I wish they'd give like... 3 months warning at least. Feels like they give a week or two at most

Signalis was fine but it wasn't for me, wish it was, very well made indie but it just didn't work for me, got a few levels in.

It's usually easy to predict when games will leave, in the overwhelming majority of cases it's a 1 year contract. I think there are some sites which will also tell you when a title is likely to leave the services.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Is this FH specific?

You can run Spotify on the console and a game at the same time. It's the only way to make NFS unbound and wreckfest playable (their soundtracks are dogshit)

Presumably groove music app or media player can do local files off usb.

Laserface fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Oct 31, 2023

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
There’s this list, curated by some nerd on Reddit:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kspw-4paT-eE5-mrCrc4R9tg70lH2ZTFrJOUmOtOytg/edit

There’s a “likely leaving” tab that has games that were added in Oct/Nov/Dec, on the assumption they’re on for 12 or 24 months.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
As a casual player Diablo 4 is good. I can’t speak to the 100 hour player’s expectations but you walk around and kill poo poo with knives and magic in a cool variety of biomes. I’ve only done solo but end up in little multiplayer events sometimes. In the overworld there is an activity of some kind probably every 30-45 seconds scattered across a massive map if you want to just do that and avoid the story and dungeons.

Graphics and sound are good.
Attacking feels good and responsive.
Managing gear can be tedious but I’m not a min maxer so I just try different stuff that drops if it’s a higher level or looks cool.
Transmog system is done well.
It’s go to area, kill, loot, manage loot, upgrade, edit skill tree, repeat, and hold skip story button in between.
The skill tree is needlessly stylistic and not user friendly though, beware.

I can see how once you plateau or super high level that it’s annoying spending more time looking at new drops and deciding if you want an additional .5% crit vs lightning damage on every single item though. Up to like 4 unique variables any item can come with to compare with current inventory.

Just the season 2 content alone appears pretty deep to me. There 5 or 6 levels to it and 10 or so challenges per level.

My time with it is about 1-2 hour sessions each weekend for perspective and I’m leveling up two characters back and forth.

I started a campaign first but ended up getting stuck and deleted that character. You can make a new character and completely skip campaign now.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

otter posted:

I probably buy way more controllers than the average person. I’ve noticed that with barely any use the analog sticks on the series controllers especially light colors discolor really fast. I think with my volt yellow one it was within a day or two. I wash my hands multiple times per day and yet the coloring darkens and discolors quick. If you look at any eBay or GameStop or whatever listings where you can see a used controller they e all changed colors and look terrible . I’ve put caps on pretty much every controller I use but I was wondering if anyone had experienced this and found a way to remove / reverse the discoloration or alternatively found properly color matched replacement sticks.

I've had this same issue with the yellowish green Volt and it makes it look so grungy and gross, it's super annoying. I've ever tried cleaning it with various stuff, seems to just absorb whatever caused the discoloration and not be washed out.

That Volt as well as 2 other controllers I have have stick drift with the left stick, it's absolutely maddening and their warranty is only 90 days in the US so by the time it really becomes apparent, you can't replace it under warranty

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

webmeister posted:

There’s this list, curated by some nerd on Reddit:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kspw-4paT-eE5-mrCrc4R9tg70lH2ZTFrJOUmOtOytg/edit

There’s a “likely leaving” tab that has games that were added in Oct/Nov/Dec, on the assumption they’re on for 12 or 24 months.

For leaving dates I also use this one https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/371393-/#entry14253151 (scroll down and look at the games below the dates in RED)

I've found it to be pretty accurate as the guy basically big-brained a method that analyses the end date price of Game Pass games and from that determines when the games are flagged to leave. It does get the odd false-positive though if the Game Pass game happens to go on sale however.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Jusant is pleasant and chill and I'm going to spend a whole lot of time poking around every single corner of it. Certainly has a little bit of jank, but nothing awful.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Game Pass Updates!

COMING:
Today: Headbangers: Rhythm Royale (Cloud, Console, and PC), Jusant (Cloud, Console, and PC), Wartales (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Nov 2: Thirsty Suitors (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Nov 6: Football Manager 2024 (PC), Football Manager 2024 Console (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Nov 9: Dungeons 4 (Cloud, Console, and PC), Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name (Cloud, Console, and PC), Wild Hearts (Cloud, Console, and PC via EA Play)
Nov 13: Spirittea (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Nov 14: Coral Island (Cloud and Xbox Series X|S)

GOING:
Coffee Talk (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Exapunks (PC)
Ghost Song (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Gungrave G.O.R.E (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Football Manager 2023 (PC)
Football Manager 2023 Console (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Lapin (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Townscaper (Cloud, Console, and PC)

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Nice, Coral Island for console + cloud is a welcome surprise! I've been playing it on PC Game Pass a bit but I just don't like gaming with m+kb.

Also, I need to finally complete Coffee Talk but that game just keeps going.

Wartales seems interesting as well! Another win for the discerning gamer.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Are there ever any notes on if/when the GamePass Core library is updated for us plebs? :(

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Are there ever any notes on if/when the GamePass Core library is updated for us plebs? :(
IIRC they said it'll update on a much slower cadence, like 2-3 times a year.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Ghost Song is a good metroidvania. I loved the characters & atmosphere.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol at putting Wild Hearts on Gamepass when it basically died on launch and recently shut down all support. Yakuza: Joryu Edition tho is all I need, just a huge W for getting that on the pass.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

And another

https://x.com/HazzadorGamin/status/1719359135802884503?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I knew Rollerdrome would be coming to Gamepass eventually, my inner Nostragamus never fails.