Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

we have the tools (to fight RSV)
https://www.ajmc.com/view/cdc-announces-shortage-of-nirsevimab-used-for-rsv

currently going through the ringer trying to get my 2mo RSV vaxxed~~

quote:

According to the CDC’s announcement, there is a limited supply of nirsevimab from the manufacturer for the 2023-2024 RSV season, with prefilled syringes of 100-mg doses in especially short supply. Although the shortage of of 50-mg dose prefilled syringes is not as severe, supply will likely be limited during the RSV season. The CDC is working with the manufacturer on strategies to boost the supply of nirsevimab, but in the meantime issued several suggestions for both health care providers and the public on how to adapt to the shortage.

how could we have predicted significant demand for what was heralded as a gamechanger in winter infant hospitalization reduction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Really jazzed to get a NYC voting guide in the mail today and find out that almost every single republican lists themselves under the "Medical Freedom Party." Antivaxxerism is now apparently a top 3 issue for a lot of these freaks

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
i pop over to the AM bands to check on the right wing stations now and then and yeah they're still tilting at the covid vaccines even though the vast majority of people are avoiding them now. they won this fight pretty thoroughly, but that's still not enough I guess.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

It's been brought up here but any and all public health or vaccine mandates is the next step. They'll find a way to overturn Jacobson v. Massachusetts, and in the end every and any public policy decision will boil down to a personal consumer choice. And as everyone knows, all personal consumer choices are equally valid. Mask or not! You do you!

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Hungry Squirrel posted:

I was slow and got in during the sign-up period so it wants to send me to a telehealth visit before giving me anything. I'm not sick, I just want the free 'script on hand so that I have it on hand when I DO get sick and can't get a local hook-up. Does the telehealth visit actually mean talking to a person, or is it just a series of webforms?

I just did this. I never signed up for test2treat before, it was all a series of webforms, not even a picture of a positive test needed. A box of pax should be at my door in 1-2 days. Insanely easy. We have the tools if you use them now and have niche information on where to find them!

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

dxt posted:

I just did this. I never signed up for test2treat before, it was all a series of webforms, not even a picture of a positive test needed. A box of pax should be at my door in 1-2 days. Insanely easy. We have the tools if you use them now and have niche information on where to find them!

do you need a photo of pos test?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

Guy from work did some flights/hotels for meetings last week and yesterday sent us all a message that he "must have caught a bug while traveling" because he didn't get out of bed on Sunday and was taking Monday off because he still felt terrible. The idea that it may be COVID or that he should even test for COVID didn't even cross his mind.

did you tell him to talk to his doctor

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We're going to come out of the largest mass death event in American history

like, when?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

SixteenShells posted:

i pop over to the AM bands to check on the right wing stations now and then and yeah they're still tilting at the covid vaccines even though the vast majority of people are avoiding them now. they won this fight pretty thoroughly, but that's still not enough I guess.

it’s going to be like that for decades, look at other grievances

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

shazbot posted:

do you need a photo of pos test?

nope! Easier and cheaper than when I did hidrb

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
I just filled out the webforms. Apparently, a clinician will email me to confirm stuff and then hopefully send out the pax.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The US state abandoned efforts to prevent respiratory disease among it's population as a result of the contradictions that emerged during the first waves of COVID. The ruling class after a period of panic and intra-class struggle decided that the new infectious respiratory disease was a problem they could live with, even as it continued decimating workers. This makes marking the "end" of COVID sort of impossible. COVID is now going to be a leading cause of death, but it's no longer extraordinary. This situation is untenable long term because the public hasn't actually accepted COVID deaths, they have just been convinced into denying they exist.

The US has a ton of existing contradictions also causing death and destruction, which in it's own weird way helps cover up the return of deadly and disabling infectious respiratory disease. The treatment of COVID is untenable long term, but so is US policing, imperialism, and the biosphere.

BusError
Jan 4, 2005

stupid babies need the most attention

maxwellhill posted:

holy poo poo, that test2treat.com site just mailed me Paxlovid, straight to my door, no cost, no pharmacy visit, and no phone call. the entire process was just "fill out the web form" and then three days later it's waiting for me outside my front door.

to access this service I just applied for the free tests from test2treat back when everyone else did, used the backdoor because they had shut down signups at the time, got my 4 rapid tests in the mail from them, and then clicked through on the follow up emails where they were like "get telehealth based on your test result".

this sent me to a site called eMed. the web form asked if I was positive and whether I had a test photo or not (I said no). the form kept going, there was even open-ended part to message them with, where I just wrote "no questions" since I know the drill. finally their partner pharmacy "GoGoMeds" mailed it straight to my house.

so it sounds like everyone can do this right now to get another $1400 pax box, provided that test2treat.com doesn't lock you out of signing up in the first place. are new people still having success with that?

i took 10 days and am very glad that I did knowing that they're about to recall all the nation's "extra" doses and dump them in the trash

Thank you for this hot tip! Got a box on the way to my door, easy peasy.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Does either a yes or a no on the longterm conditions form disqualify you from Paxlovid through test2treat? Not that they'll use the site since COVID is over, but I have friends who do and don't have them.

Why Am I So Tired has issued a correction as of 01:36 on Nov 1, 2023

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Hungry Squirrel posted:

I just filled out the webforms. Apparently, a clinician will email me to confirm stuff and then hopefully send out the pax.

The email I got ended up just being a link to a video of a doctor registered in my state introducing himself and a chat where I can ask questions that he will answer in 24 hours.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Why Am I So Tired posted:

Does either a yes or a no on the longterm conditions form disqualify you from Paxlovid through test2treat?

I said I had high blood pressure, was obese, smoked, and was vaxxed but not boosted. Am getting pax.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

dxt posted:

I said I had high blood pressure, was obese, smoked, and was vaxxed but not boosted. Am getting pax.

welp might as well

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
I'm off to get moth'd (hopefully), but did a no for chronic conditions work for anyone too?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
yo if you don’t all go out and get like two courses of pax for everyone in your life you care about, and some more just in case, I don’t know what to tell you. enjoy the boot for the rest of your shortened life I guess.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

tuyop posted:

yo if you don’t all go out and get like two courses of pax for everyone in your life you care about, and some more just in case, I don’t know what to tell you. enjoy the boot for the rest of your shortened life I guess.

but if you do this you will prevent a dumpster from getting the pax it needs

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
One of the Atlanta area (South River) watersheds is exploding.

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?

quote:

Your prescription has been sent to our partner pharmacy, GoGoMeds, and will be sent to the address you provided:

Another win, thanks to the Goon Nation.

I wonder if there's a limit to how many times this can be used on a given account?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

One of the Atlanta area (South River) watersheds is exploding.

wow! I do wish we could compare this to past spikes meaningfully

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Hungry Squirrel posted:

Another win, thanks to the Goon Nation.

lol it really is that easy

huge thanks to maxwellhill and dxt for posting about it lol

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
I am finally full of moth juice, despite it taking 12 hours of phone calls and pharmacy trips due to the PHE ending. It's ok to run after getting vaccinated, and possibly even beneficial, right? Hoping to get a workout in before I possibly feel like poo poo for days.

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Gunshow Poophole posted:

lol it really is that easy

seems like ymmv in terms of questions asked. I tried to sign up and they're asking for photo ID

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol the school vax clinic we've been waiting for today has COVID shots only for 12 to 18 year olds. this is at an elementary school

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

fosborb posted:

lol the school vax clinic we've been waiting for today has COVID shots only for 12 to 18 year olds. this is at an elementary school

We have the tools.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

fosborb posted:

:rubby:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

fosborb posted:

everything is so stupid lol :cripes:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Got an email confirmation that I've got Pax coming in the mail, gently caress yeah

Gunshow Poophole posted:

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
looking forward to the SAD post about your unethical sourcing of paxlovid that’s about to get returned to Pfizer to be destroyed

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

U-DO Burger posted:

Got an email confirmation that I've got Pax coming in the mail, gently caress yeah

How long did it take? I got the general welcome and result reporting emails, but nothing confirming pax yet.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I got my enrollment in test to treat email at 11:09am and my GoGoMeds confirmation email at 1:10pm.

Sometimes having a whole system built on grifting works out in your favor

dxt has issued a correction as of 22:16 on Oct 31, 2023

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
COVID is over.

Why Am I So Tired has issued a correction as of 01:35 on Nov 1, 2023

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat
Cool - thank yall for posting about this.
I shall keep waiting.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

U-DO Burger posted:

everything is so stupid lol :cripes:

yep. if I was this stupid in my line of work I’d be held accountable.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/novavaxs-updated-covid-19-vaccine-203700761.html posted:

Novavax's Updated COVID-19 Vaccine Now Approved in the EU
... of course that doesn't mean anyone is eligible to actually receive it.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

dxt posted:

I got my enrollment in test to treat email at 11:09am and my GoGoMeds confirmation email at 1:10pm.

and I just got shipping confirmation now at 4:22pm.

Overnighted fedex, should arrive by 8pm tomorrow lol this rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

fosborb posted:

Please let us know if they hold the clinic for the younger kids in the high school.