Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

The Big Jesus posted:

A lot of stones being thrown from a franchise whose logo is just a horse shoe

look, it's just classic. if they'd have came up with the logo in the last 50 years, I'd say you had something there. At least when we stole a team, we had the stones to stick with it's name and branding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Oilers to Titans is like Twitter to X

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love CJ Stroud and I don't care who knows it

Houston Texans are the only real Houston team. The Oilers never existed, it didn't happen.

CJ Stroud will lead the Houston team to victory.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1719371217986027532?s=20

No more Billy jeans. Big Jeff speaks.

That’s drat Will Levis Man.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Big Jeff already annoying everyone with his "see i told you so" takes. becoming a locker room cancer?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Big Jeff was dying on the inside seeing tannehill throw the ball this year lol

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
without a hint of irony I think it's good that the Titans think Big Jeff is a core, untradeable player, because they're not gonna be good again while he's still in his prime and would be better off getting assets for him

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
JT with huge shaky voice after seeing BILLY JEANS debut lmao

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Trevor bust

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

JT Jag posted:

without a hint of irony I think it's good that the Titans think Big Jeff is a core, untradeable player, because they're not gonna be good again while he's still in his prime and would be better off getting assets for him

We’re already good again. Did you not watch Sunday’s game?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Uhh, uhh, trade your best player for assets and give your fans a miserable product to lap up like duval dirt dogs. I’m Sam hinkie. Duhhhh

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1719417799955698066

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Cleveland, he was from Detroit

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Tons of starts, just 25 years old, pretty good in run and pass pro. And the Jags needed interior help in a bad way

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Uhh, uhh, trade your best player for assets and give your fans a miserable product to lap up like duval dirt dogs. I’m Sam hinkie. Duhhhh

i don't believe Sam Hinkie ever said that

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

also lmao if you think starting Will Levis will suddenly make the titans good

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
See you in the wildcard game, That drat Will Levis Man gonna go 5/17 for 216 yards and 5 touchdowns

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
(sees a rookie bomb four TDs fifty yards through the air in his first start for a 130 rating)

BUT HOW DOES THIS IMPROVE YOUR TEAM HUH

Anyway, now that we’re not getting any assets for Henry, extend him at a fair price so he can pass Eddie George.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

it's true, will levis will play all 11 positions on both sides of the ball, plus special teams.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Mayo Boy had a 32% passing success rate last week. Zach Wilson has a 35% success rate this season. Let's just simmer down. He had a great game. He's probably better than Tannehill in the long term. He's gonna have to better down to down, you guys can stop slathering yourselves in mayo. Give it a month or so.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
how good can he be if he's getting traded for a 6th

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

also lmao if you think starting Will Levis will suddenly make the titans good

I think it, op

And the math backs it up

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

EvilBeard posted:

Mayo Boy had a 32% passing success rate last week. Zach Wilson has a 35% success rate this season. Let's just simmer down. He had a great game. He's probably better than Tannehill in the long term. He's gonna have to better down to down, you guys can stop slathering yourselves in mayo. Give it a month or so.

You can shove your advanced stats up your anal-lytics. Mayo boy has better stats than your fourth overall pick after one game.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Billy jeans

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

You're not going to be able to get the Titans fans to calm down on this one. They aren't used to this.

There's just no precedent for a Titans rookie to throw for 4 TDs in his first game. Against an NFC South team. While wearing number 8.

*holds finger to earpiece* One second, I'm getting an update here...

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

The Big Jesus posted:

You can shove your advanced stats up your anal-lytics. Mayo boy has better stats than your fourth overall pick after one game.

AR had a success rate of 44%.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
trying to dunk on a dude after throwing 4 TD in his first start seems like a fool's errand tbh

maybe he'll end up being bad and you can dunk then but now isn't really the time

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

trying to dunk on a dude after throwing 4 TD in his first start seems like a fool's errand tbh

maybe he'll end up being bad and you can dunk then but now isn't really the time

I don't see how saying he had impressive throws but he needs to get more consisent down to down is dunking on poor mayo boy. Anytime anyone tries to have a real conversation about anything the Titan mouthbreathers just start shouting BIG JEFF and TREVOR BUST and no real conversation can be had. TAKE THE STATS AND SHOVE THEM, MAYO BOY IS TOM BRADY FUSED WITH PAT MAHOMES BIG JEFF TITAN UP

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Big Jeff

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

BIG JEFF

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

EvilBeard posted:

I don't see how saying he had impressive throws but he needs to get more consisent down to down is dunking on poor mayo boy. Anytime anyone tries to have a real conversation about anything the Titan mouthbreathers just start shouting BIG JEFF and TREVOR BUST and no real conversation can be had. TAKE THE STATS AND SHOVE THEM, MAYO BOY IS TOM BRADY FUSED WITH PAT MAHOMES BIG JEFF TITAN UP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe6017JwPw

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
big jeff

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

EvilBeard posted:

BIG JEFF and TREVOR BUST

hell yeah brother

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

EvilBeard posted:

AR had a success rate of 44%.

Link to your success rate metrics?

I must dig deep into the data…

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Now that McDaniels is available the Tits can bring him in to really take Billy Jeans into Elite QB territory.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

EvilBeard posted:

I'm sorry you're jealous we have a QB with as many TD passes as your QB has injuries.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Major Operation posted:

You're not going to be able to get the Titans fans to calm down on this one. They aren't used to this.

There's just no precedent for a Titans rookie to throw for 4 TDs in his first game. Against an NFC South team. While wearing number 8.

*holds finger to earpiece* One second, I'm getting an update here...

mariota was ruined by bad coaching and i can't be convinced otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

Stevie Lee posted:

mariota was ruined by bad coaching and i can't be convinced otherwise

plus a nerve injury.