Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

George lynch rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feast of Burden
Oct 9, 2008

WARNING: may cause indigestion and severe heartburn

This album completely took me by surprise. I really liked The Wizard and the Tower Keep, but wow they packed so much into this one. The Prophecy immediately made this a prime contender for AOTY for me!

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZhA3osY7xQ

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

lol

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

ultraviolence123 posted:

I bought the new Dokken CD. I love Dokken, have their complete discography, including Breaking the Chains when it was released under Don Dokken before Elektra remixed / reissued it (this is a bootleg CD, an awesome bootleg). Back for the Attack is their best record. Give that one a listen if you're unfamiliar with Dokken. Kiss of Death and Night by Night are my favorites from that album. I'm gonna be rockin' with Dokken this weekend.

I hear that. Dokken and WASP are like the only hair metal bands I can tolerate. They're awesome!

e: Also Van Halen

Well Played Mauer posted:

Wow, thanks y'all. I have much to study. Will report back.

e: OK, the ones that I dug were:

• Voivod
  • Watchtower
  • Anacrusis
  • Deathrow
  • Annhilator
  • Gama Bomb
  • Municipal Waste
  • Bloodletter
  • Overkill
  • Stygian - hell yeah
  • Wasted Youth
  • Kreator
  • Toxic Holocaust
  • Birth A.D. - also hell yeah

Gonna whip up a playlist and annoy my loved ones. Fuckin awesome.

You're doing it right!

Next try these classics:
CROSSOVER, D.R.I
Fabulous Disaster, Exodus
The Gathering, Testament

And some new age old school thrash
The Omniclasm, Lich King

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 30, 2023

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

does anyone know if Cobalt still exists and if they're going to release new music ever?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Still active according to Metallum. Slow Forever is one of my favorite albums of the ‘10s so I would love to hear a follow up.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

i never know what to make of metal archives active status since for example it lists brimstone (swe) as active but they've done nothing since carving a crimson career in '99

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
It's because MA only marks someone as "split-up" or "on hold" if they officially announce it.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

It's so easy to see, I can never be free, I'm a prisoner CHAINED BY LOVE *harmonized guitar lick*

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Vargatron posted:

It's so easy to see, I can never be free, I'm a prisoner CHAINED BY LOVE *harmonized guitar lick*

This dude right here is rockin' with Dokken

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

Nah that album rules but also the comment rules also Dokken rules

drat, I could've sworn Don Dokken died ages ago, so I haven't even been on the lookout for any of his stuff! Either way, Dream Warriors will forever be a great (and currently seasonally appropriate!) song, regardless of anyone's other opinions on the band/guy. Either way, the quoted poster is right

Now, time to find out more about this supposed recent Dokken music...

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Playing Breaking the Chains rn

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

New Dokken album doesn’t have George Lynch because he and Don hate each other. So it’s very eh.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Feast of Burden posted:

This album completely took me by surprise. I really liked The Wizard and the Tower Keep, but wow they packed so much into this one. The Prophecy immediately made this a prime contender for AOTY for me!

ooh new PM, I'll have to crack it open today

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Happy Type O Negative day

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Required Halloween listening

https://youtu.be/UlaFe66MrTI?si=_8ynX7nKPFpyG0Kc

Extra credit:

https://youtu.be/RERGlWWoIvA?si=HIfoWlRCrhbdMDx

Snowy fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 31, 2023

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
It’s the most magical day of the year! https://youtu.be/yOAl0enE7kI?si=qbEi0YRnL0zzVt6N

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

quote:

TANKARD will not be able to play because a member in the band needs to undergo surgery in early 2024 and is not expected to be recovered in time to travel to the US for MDF. As this has absolutely nothing to do with visa issues or their ability to enter the US, the decision was made to confirm them for MDF 2025, so consider TANKARD as the first confirmed band for that edition.

OPPRESSOR have reunited and will perform live for the first time in 25 years, exclusively at MDF 2024! They will play all of the favorites from their 90's albums on Friday, May 24th at Power Plant/Market Place.

its been ages since i thought about oppressor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjlU77H_yzo

monochromagic
Jun 17, 2023

New Wayfarer owns, same does new Ragana

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

ixo posted:

gaerea/blackbraid/ wolves in the throne room live report:

gaerea: these guys are alright but don’t translate well live imo. the singer, mainly. tries very hard to be vessel from sleep token in his theatrics but spent most of the show going “buhhhhh… GUUUuhhhhh?? Denver???? GAEREA!!!!!!”. there’s all sorts of melodies that I like in their music that couldn’t make it through my earplugs.

blackbraid: owned. a lot. a ton of genuine stage energy, music came across really well, more feeling in it than listening to it cold. singer had some pipes, everyone on stage drank a ton, rhythm guitar dude spit in my face. would make a point to go see them no matter who else was on the ticket.

wolves itt: lol they suck a bunch, I’m already in an Uber home, bitch

Saw this lot in Baltimore and this is about my assessment except Wolves owns even if they're not necessarily the best live band.

I described Gaerea to a friend as a murloc with bronchitis that occasionally screams "BALTIMORE." They weren't, uh, good, but I enjoyed their show. I have no idea how my opinion would have changed if I'd ever heard of them.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I described Gaerea to a friend as a murloc with bronchitis that occasionally screams "BALTIMORE." They weren't, uh, good, but I enjoyed their show. I have no idea how my opinion would have changed if I'd ever heard of them.

I don't understand why vocalists do this. Do they think we don't know where we are?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Visions of Valerie posted:

I don't understand why vocalists do this. Do they think we don't know where we are?

They are addressing the crowd as a whole. The city name is the best collective noun for it.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Scream for me -insert city name- !!!!!!!

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I would be terrified of getting it wrong. It has to happen.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Embrace chaos-say another city with purpose.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The one that bugs me just a smidgen is “CIRCLE PIT!!” Not the first time they say it, but after like the third time it seems a little desperate, like Jeb Bush going “please clap”. If people wanted a circle pit there would have already been one!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

the calling out the city only kinda sucks when you have traveled for the show.

i remember going to a show in atlanta when visiting a friend there and when the band complimented the crowd and such i was like "wait but im from detroit"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I’ll always remember my genuine fear response to Riley Gale shouting “THINK FAST CHICAGO” during Power Trip sets.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Henchman of Santa posted:

The city name is the best collective noun for it.
Sometimes this gets weird when the venue is in some suburb. "Scream for me... Mountain View? Bay Area? Wherever the gently caress we are?"

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Visions of Valerie posted:

How else am I supposed to know I made it to the right show?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Incoherence posted:

Sometimes this gets weird when the venue is in some suburb. "Scream for me... Mountain View? Bay Area? Wherever the gently caress we are?"

Usually singers will just say the nearest major one if it’s not something really out there.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

Henchman of Santa posted:

They are addressing the crowd as a whole. The city name is the best collective noun for it.

wrong, the best collective noun is gently caress Heads, as shouted by devin townsend

e: oh also I forgot, I have a ticket for cattle decap/immolation/castrator on December 8th at the Gothic in Denver and I’m going to miss the show because of a work trip. if any goon in denver wants to go to the show, PM me and I’ll get you the ticket no charge

ixo fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 31, 2023

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

"Bill Bailey on seeing Marilyn Manson live posted:

But anyway what he used to do to get the crowd going was just chant the name of the place over and over. So we were treated to this magnificent spectacle of this eight-foot freak, eyes different colours, wearing a rubber corset, down on one knee shouting "MILTON KEEEEYNES". Stay with me to the grave, that will.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
I was at the scream for me long beach show.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

To join the thread bandwagon I got my hearing checked on and apparently my hearing is pristine. Shoutout to earplugs

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/numetal_moment/status/1719447098037612619

https://twitter.com/numetal_moment/status/1719815656164798758

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

You've woken up security fraud within me
Get up, come on get down with the sickness

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/numetal_moment/status/1719452048322941160

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
If he went to prison while nu metal was popular, he would just be getting out now! I hope he at least did it all for the nookie.