Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I'm getting a 'your deck is invalid, please change your deck error' whenever I queue now, great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

took 3 caches to draw WWbN, I hate everything

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

victorious posted:

I'm getting a 'your deck is invalid, please change your deck error' whenever I queue now, great.

Have you updated your app?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Nybble posted:

counter point, don't... and you can be safe and live in the mobius world for a few more days / until the season rolls over!

p.s. gently caress loki, mr. negative, and all of these degenerate mana cheat decks.

p.p.s. same goes for the miracle bounce bs.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
I managed to get three caches by a miracle (in the form of absolutely crushing conquest with Thanos Ongoing) last week and got Nico/PF/1K tokens. Probably won't manage one this week, shame as WWbN sounds fun. But I've got Silk and the variant sucks, wouldn't mind Ghost Spider but feels like it's not worth the risk if I somehow manage that one cache.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
I bought Mobius with tokens when he was released, I don't think I ever even played him since for the last three seasons I've tried a bunch of decks but always go back to the dumb Shield / DD / DH deck that just... works for me

So 3000 tokens well spent but somehow I'm not even mad

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I'm having more fun with Silk than WWBN tbh can't believe I slept on that card. Sheer chaos

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

I bought Mobius with tokens when he was released, I don't think I ever even played him since for the last three seasons

Somebody call the TVA

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Just had the most MARVEL SNAP(tm) game ever.

Location setup is X-Mansion-Fisk Tower-Bar Sinister

Opponent plays Goblin T3 on Bar Sinister (I should have seen this coming, they played Ravonna T2), which of course fills my side with gobbos. X-Mansion then proceeds to drop Heimdall for me who promptly sweeps all those goblins into the tower to blow em all up.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Kooriken posted:

Just had the most MARVEL SNAP(tm) game ever.

Location setup is X-Mansion-Fisk Tower-Bar Sinister

Opponent plays Goblin T3 on Bar Sinister (I should have seen this coming, they played Ravonna T2), which of course fills my side with gobbos. X-Mansion then proceeds to drop Heimdall for me who promptly sweeps all those goblins into the tower to blow em all up.

a true "What just happened?!" game

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Nybble posted:

Yeah, app was updated. Played another deck which worked and then the 'invalid' one worked again after that.

Had 3 caches and wanted Wolf and Ghost Spider, ended up with Silk variant, 1000 tokens and Wolf. Will get another key by tomorrow to get GS, and then that's me out of opening Spotlights for a while. The 1000 tokens thing suuuucks if you're not collection complete otherwise.

The best new patch change is the 'upgradeable' collection filter also sorting by available boosters, that's such a good QoL change.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Fate Accomplice posted:

took 3 caches to draw WWbN, I hate everything

I opened 3 caches and got everything else instead :)

I needed Silk at least so I'm not too upset but I was hoping to get lucky and not get the ghost spider/1k credits out of the caches. Guess which ones I got first!

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

victorious posted:

Yeah, app was updated. Played another deck which worked and then the 'invalid' one worked again after that.

Had 3 caches and wanted Wolf and Ghost Spider, ended up with Silk variant, 1000 tokens and Wolf. Will get another key by tomorrow to get GS, and then that's me out of opening Spotlights for a while. The 1000 tokens thing suuuucks if you're not collection complete otherwise.

The best new patch change is the 'upgradeable' collection filter also sorting by available boosters, that's such a good QoL change.

I think that happens the first time you try playing with a newly created deck - same thing happened to me but then it went away.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Concurred posted:

I think that happens the first time you try playing with a newly created deck - same thing happened to me but then it went away.

The other deck I tried was also newly created, so I don't think that's it.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
They seem to have added a bug wherien Nico won't display what spell she's going to cast while in hand. Placing her on the board her on the board then undoing all moves seems to fix the problem.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Maneck posted:

They seem to have added a bug wherien Nico won't display what spell she's going to cast while in hand. Placing her on the board her on the board then undoing all moves seems to fix the problem.

Yeah, I've run into that too. Fortunately it's just the icon, the card text does update.

Can also confirm that Werewolf is very fun.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Must have a horseshoe on me somewhere today as I got Werewolf and Silk in 2 caches. Still have enough for a full Gladiator try in a couple of weeks and then a good shot at Annihilius later on so I'm pretty pleased.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I like Nico so I don't really regret emptying my spotlights for her but I'd like to have both WWbN and Silk, maybe I'll actually grind this week.

Ravonna buff seems nice, she slots nicely into Negative decks in Psylocke's spot and enables some alternate win conditions if you don't get Negative out early.

MMM nerf seems...not great. I guess now we see if Loki going to 4 cost really makes a difference. If Loki gets too strong we're gonna see a TON of Sandman as a reaction probably.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Looks like I would have to whiff all four caches into Gladiator+Mirage, Annihilus, and Firestar+Tribunal to not have 4 caches ready for Selene+Black Knight, so I’m sitting pretty for the rest of the year.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Brewing up lists with Werewolf and a thought occured to me: He's very good with Valkyrie as a last turn surprise. Often you have to signal Valk pretty hard (you've got Hood/Void/Rocks or some such) but 2 cards at a location won't tip your hand quite as much. Valk sets everything to three then Wolf leaps over to win you the lane. Think I'm going to try and brew up a list.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
They added a way to mark your favorite avatars but they still don't work as your default...

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Okay I am going insane gaslighting myself here but I'm pretty sure WWBN is bugged and not moving when he should sometimes

Most often seen with Spidey and Surfer

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Did they change something with the titles? A bunch of them are coming up as two lines now and it looks terrible lol

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
This season has been a rough rear end climb (still in the 90's) but has been very generous to me card-wise.

Excluding Nico, which I bought after opening 3 spotlights, I got every new card by only opening 1 spotlight. I find that to be too lucky.

I'm gonna open a lot next season, aren't I?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
loving lmao that their solution to Spotlight Caches being so badly designed that nobody ever opens them because 90% of the time, opening one is sub-optimal, is just "make hoarding them easier" rather than, y'know, actually fixing the problem.

Also really not sure I love them deliberately designing cards to gently caress with the meta temporarily. If you make a card and it warps the meta and you have to rein it in, that's fine, this poo poo happens, but everything should be designed and released in what you expect its permanent form will be. People are paying real money for this poo poo, Brode. Knock it off.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Wow, there's only one new Series 4 card between now and the end of January: Martyr.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I like this key thing way better than before. Also got Werewolf on 1 so that rules.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

WW and Nico have been so fun for me

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

I made infinite today for the first time. I think it's almost exactly a year since I started playing.

My friends, Silk is a goddamned liability. She lost me so many matches in that last climb, and as soon as I swapped her out I managed to break 100!

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I have 3k tokens finally, should I buy nimrod when he’s available (the most important s4 I don’t have I reckon) or wait for 6k to buy iron lad? I don’t see iron lad in the spotlight cache schedule

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

victorious posted:

Wow, there's only one new Series 4 card between now and the end of January: Martyr.

It would make sense if their long-term plan is to first saturate Series 5 before starting to drop some of them to Series 4. I don't mind all new cards being released to Series 5 as long they eventually keep adding older cards to Series 4.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

icantfindaname posted:

I have 3k tokens finally, should I buy nimrod when he’s available (the most important s4 I don’t have I reckon) or wait for 6k to buy iron lad? I don’t see iron lad in the spotlight cache schedule

Idk how accurate they usually are but snap.fan seems to think that Iron Lad got added to a late December spotlight with Selene and Black Knight in today’s patch data mining

https://snap.fan/news/halloween-patch-variants-spotlights-cards-and-more/

I hope they are right since I have him pinned right now

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
They didn't mention it in the patch notes, but starting in December, every weekly spotlight is going to feature a brand new card, including the season pass card release week. This bumps the number of new cards added to the game each month from 4 to 5.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I hate the way upgradeable cards are sorted now.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Umbra Dubium posted:

I made infinite today for the first time. I think it's almost exactly a year since I started playing.

My friends, Silk is a goddamned liability. She lost me so many matches in that last climb, and as soon as I swapped her out I managed to break 100!

Just unlocked them. Thanks for the tip.

Also: seriously, congrats on getting your first infinite

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Mobius change hurts my brain. "Good" against Sera if she wasn't cheated out somehow, but I guess we gotta like...guess to see if they drop a turn 2 Zabu.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I don’t have WWbN but he’s hilarious so far and I wish I had him, I’ve seen him win games I thought I had locked up and he’s lost games I thought I had very little chance of winning, just chaos on turn 6

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

obi_ant posted:

I hate the way upgradeable cards are sorted now.

Can I ask why? It's so much better for me, it's exactly what I've wanted for months.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

CapnAndy posted:

Also really not sure I love them deliberately designing cards to gently caress with the meta temporarily. If you make a card and it warps the meta and you have to rein it in, that's fine, this poo poo happens, but everything should be designed and released in what you expect its permanent form will be. People are paying real money for this poo poo, Brode. Knock it off.

Yeah, agreed. There's a lot of feedback about this on the discord saying this as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I like these. I hope they keep adding more voice lines to cards.

https://twitter.com/NuffSaidBob/status/1719485023613534279