Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

socks are pants for the feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Topaz is one of those characters whose dps raises under manual control since its easy for the dumb auto to just waste her ultimate bullets on skill uses instead of waiting and using the basic first

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

My man you gotta disconnect from reddit or whatever.

Like seriously when you start fantasizing about future drama in the community you gotta step away for a bit my dude.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

This last event stage is "and then Jingliu killed everything, the end"

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

finally a stage without a freeze-immune enemy to ruin my remembrance run

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1719294714132988042

Is this a Halloween event?

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Traveller posted:

This last event stage is "and then Jingliu killed everything, the end"

Hunt with Jingliu is pretty broken.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

GateOfD posted:

socks are pants for the feet

Are shoes pants for the socks?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

My man you gotta disconnect from reddit or whatever.

Yeah I feel like it's a bad sign when I scroll down and just read the text of a post like that, and immediately realize who it is.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

boredsatellite posted:

Honestly I'm really tempted to get Kafka's LC even when i have her at E0. The dot set is also one reason but also the speed as well.

I'm E0S1 on Kafka with no plans to go for eidolons anytime soon. The LC opens up two new sets for her in 1.5 (6% def ignore per DoT up to 3 times and 12%/18% all damage when hitting 135/160 speed) which is kinda nutty.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this is just art, but there'll be a halloween event next patch

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Kiavahr posted:

Sitting at zero pity after dropping a single pull on Fu's LC banner and getting her personal, and decided to throw a 10-pull at topaz because all of my hunt cones suck for her and hey, maybe I'll get resolution shines at least?

:eyepop:

:dogstare:

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Loving Sampo's stylish purse in this

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I GOT GUINAFEM HELL YEAH

TO THE KAFKA ANNIHILATION TEAM

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Obnoxipus posted:

The real question is that the purse he uses when he's acting as Madame Poisson, or does he have a fish-shaped bag?

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Obnoxipus posted:

It's his candy box from his ult, but the purse is honestly more fun

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
lmao Luka was one-shot ruptured at the very end of my MoC run, and I was bewildered because it was a Fu Xuan sustain

Yeah… turns out the whole time I’d forgotten I’d stripped Luka of some relics and his LC when I was shuffling gear and she had been keeping him alive at basically 0 def through all the AOEs until then

Fu Xuan strong :allears:

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Looks like there’s a daily check-in event for extra rewards that’s the first time I’ve seen that!

So consider this a reminder about checking in!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I think there's been two of those already or I might be mixing those up with a concurrent Genshin one.

I'd check in anyway because resources are so scarce in this game I care more about the free credits than I do the jades.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Yeah, they run them every so often. I gave up doing the hoyolab check-ins because the checking in never seems to work for me; even when a new day comes it still says I've already checked in (and I don't care enough to keep looking at the site to see if the lockout had lifted)

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

For some reason I'm surprised to see a Halloween event. I thought Mihoyo was deliberately avoiding real world and especially western holiday based events, except for lunar new year.

Maybe that's just a Genshin thing?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Leraika posted:

Yeah, they run them every so often. I gave up doing the hoyolab check-ins because the checking in never seems to work for me; even when a new day comes it still says I've already checked in (and I don't care enough to keep looking at the site to see if the lockout had lifted)

The daily reset on them is 9AM PDT fwiw

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Scoss posted:

For some reason I'm surprised to see a Halloween event. I thought Mihoyo was deliberately avoiding real world and especially western holiday based events, except for lunar new year.

Maybe that's just a Genshin thing?

this is just promo art, not an event. next patch is gonna have a ghost/spooky stuff themed event but its more neutral. (that said i wouldnt be surprise if they intended it to launch in october when they were first working on it, but scheduling didnt work out that way)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The Crepsucule Zone is a weird name for a patch

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

The Crepsucule Zone is a weird name for a patch

well, they couldn't exactly call it the twilight zone :v:

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Since I need to secure my title as "Star Rail Goon proven to leave the house", here's some more cosplays, this time from Anime Weekend Atlanta:

GoodluckJonathan posted:

No shirt though. Maybe only one or the other is allowed?

"A candid and self-centered Intelligentsia Guild member, who often conceals his appearance with a strange plaster sculpture."

what?

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 1, 2023

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

that rules, thanks for sharing :3:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Mile'ionaha posted:

Since I need to secure my title as "Star Rail Goon proven to leave the house", here's some more cosplays, this time from Anime Weekend Atlanta:

Aw man, I miss going to AWA

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Shinji2015 posted:

Aw man, I miss going to AWA

The last time I went was, uh, 24 years ago? AWA is 26 years old IIRC.

I only went this time because FEMM was playing.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Mile'ionaha posted:

The last time I went was, uh, 24 years ago? AWA is 26 years old IIRC.

I only went this time because FEMM was playing.

Uh, last time I went I think was... '09, '10? I had a following out with the friend that I used to go with all the time and didn't go with that year, and then got too busy with life afterwards and kinda forgot about it for a while lol

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

wow I would be embarrassed to wear Silver Wolf's outfit, but that lady pulled it off very well

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
The infinite SU stuff is really fun and the quality of events in this game just stays winning.

But there's too many characters I want. I normally prefer the men but Ruan Mei has got me bad and Dr. Ratio is hot. :negative: I spent so much for Zhangzhang and their light cone too as a Clara haver/enjoyer. Love my fire trotter, but feeling the pinch of using up so much of my stash.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

re-run the early stages of the SU event, went Elation for them and got like 70k.
went hunt on the 2nd attempt, and finished them all at 92,500-10,000 range

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

jingliu hosed today up hard

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Did a quick calc of my jade income, and if Kafka reruns alongside Black Swan or Hanabi (and I suspect she will) I might have to skip either Ruan Mei or Dr. Ratio :ohdear:

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i mean, unless you're paying money you're always gonna have to skip some characters

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

hm, as long as I get the healing blasts to allies, I can solo sustain with blade

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How do you u lock the ability to use Propogation? It's not an option for me during normal SU or this event (including the final round where I saw it mentioned during the tutorial part). I've done a lot of a Swarm Disaster too.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Do more Swarm Disaster.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

You just gotta keep doing Swarm Disaster I guess. Have you seen the "ending" where Herta recaps and picks the plotholes in the story of the Aeon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

You have to win a run of Swarm Disaster on difficulty 5.