Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sab0921 posted:

I want Lewis to have the fastest car but in a throwback, Checo holds him back to let Max get the W.

considering the only chance he has of doing this is another throwback to Brazil where he divebombs Lewis off the track like max did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

considering the only chance he has of doing this is another throwback to Brazil where he divebombs Lewis off the track like max did

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

FAUXTON posted:

2021 was wild as gently caress - Max was a legit psychopath at the end in Brazil and Saudi

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sab0921 posted:

2021 was wild as gently caress - Max was a legit psychopath at the end in Brazil and Saudi

would you say he got better

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Sab0921 posted:

Max was absolutely feeling the pressure and it was getting to him big time

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

His Jeddah antics should have been a DSQ

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

and monza and brazil

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Sab0921 posted:

I want Lewis to have the fastest car but in a throwback, Checo holds him back to let Max get the W.
Then in Abu Dhabi when Checo needs a not-even-podium swap to get P2 in the championship Max tells Redbull to gently caress off, as is tradition.

GramCracker posted:

Max was absolutely feeling the pressure and it was getting to him big time
I'm not as anti Max as some of you (I do think he is a massive knob at times, like most racers) but he was cracking hard those last few races.
I think he himself wanted to believe the pressure was not getting to him, but it clearly was. Probably doesn't help when you have people like Jos whispering in your ear all season.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 31, 2023

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I dont think Jos has ever whispered anything to Max in his entire life

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

That poo poo was on some other level. Once he whiffed his pole position attempt, I'd say that was him throwing the kitchen sink at it hoping ANYTHING he did would keep him ahead in the WDC and was a clear sign of him actually imploding as a racer, on-track antics be damned.

e: Just thinking back watching that race live was loving wild what we saw leading up to Sunday and what ended up happening on track

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 31, 2023

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

crazy how piastri drive thar car with fake legs.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Max is actually the worst race car driver. Lots of evidence to support this view. Very little evidence to refute it.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

because he is a race car champion*

*As directed by Michael Masi

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Dictator. posted:

the carbon fiber in his prosthetics are tuned to make his inputs smoother than humanly possible

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Dictator. posted:

And while being in prison too.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Zedd posted:

I'm not as anti Max as some of you (I do think he is a massive knob at times, like most racers) but he was cracking hard those last few races.
I think he himself wanted to believe the pressure was not getting to him, but it clearly was. Probably doesn't help when you have people like Jos whispering in your ear all season.
People forget that Lewis had an absolute rocket for the last 5 races, thanks to using Bottas as a test-bed for working out how hard they could push that engine. Despite Max's lead, it looked like Lewis would comfortably win the remaining rounds, and Max had to take one win from them somehow.
He could have meekly just let Lewis pass him with the 22kph(both with DRS open) to 35kph(Lewis with DRS, Max without) speed advantage he was getting over the RBR, or he could push every rule to it's absolute limit.
He chose the latter and he's a better racer for doing so.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

nah, he's fast as gently caress but his race craft has been pretty shoddy at times.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Khablam posted:

People forget that Lewis had an absolute rocket for the last 5 races, thanks to using Bottas as a test-bed for working out how hard they could push that engine. Despite Max's lead, it looked like Lewis would comfortably win the remaining rounds, and Max had to take one win from them somehow.
He could have meekly just let Lewis pass him with the 22kph(both with DRS open) to 35kph(Lewis with DRS, Max without) speed advantage he was getting over the RBR, or he could push every rule to it's absolute limit.

:rolleyes:

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like Max because he cheats

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Knitting Beetles posted:

I like Max because he cheats

This was checos mistake, he should have cheated on the race not his wife

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Khablam posted:

Yes I agree that Mercedes did an incredible job of developing that car such that it was unbeatable at the end of the season without Max being like the DRS is open 0.1 mm too wide (didn't work), running Lewis off the track several times (didn't work), brake checking him (didn't work), and ultimately getting F1 to just stack the deck on the last lap so he would win (did work).

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Aphex- posted:

This was checos mistake, he should have cheated on the race not his wife

He should have successfully cheated at least

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

F1 thread is still stuck where they were two years ago, much like Mercedes.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

F1 thread is still stuck where they were two years ago, much like Mercedes.

It was the last interesting thing to happen in F1 OP.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah sorry if one person winning 80% of the races since then don't exactly get us talking about it.

Max is dominant and it's also the most boring era of F1 ever.

Edit: lmao, Checo has 240 points and Max's lead over Checo is 251. No wonder this season is a loving travesty.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Lewis is blessed
Max is cursed

No need to complicate it further than that

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://x.com/askolatte/status/1577319532682969090

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
These Alonso to Red Bull rumors are a bit ridiculous. I mean I would love for it to happen but it never will.

They can't bring someone at Alonso's level to threaten the golden boy.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It would be good though because the team-killing energy of Fernando seems to only need half a season to drop them out of the points completely

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Khablam posted:

The charitable read is that he did a risky last second slowdown, the less charitable one is that he brake checked Lewis.
Dude was cracking, you're allowed to criticize your favorites. I mean I enjoy Checo and he's driving like a donkey lately.

Kirios posted:

Yeah sorry if one person winning 80% of the races since then don't exactly get us talking about it.

Max is dominant and it's also the most boring era of F1 ever.

Edit: lmao, Checo has 240 points and Max's lead over Checo is 251. No wonder this season is a loving travesty.

Max is leading the constructors championship on his own, it's kinda silly.
I do manage to enjoy most races this year but it certainly isn't for P1.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 31, 2023

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

More like formula none!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i don’t want formulat 1 because it sucks rear end but how is max winning all the time different from hamilton winning all the time or vettel winning all the time

the only team that we should all want to win all the time is Scuderia Mission Win Now Ferrari

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Khablam posted:

Max is machiavellian. 👍

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Max whining about everything while having more than a pit stop worth of gap to P2 is why people thought Lewis doing the same thing wasn't as bad.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

track day bro! posted:

i don’t want formulat 1 because it sucks rear end but how is max winning all the time different from hamilton winning all the time or vettel winning all the time

the only team that we should all want to win all the time is Scuderia Mission Win Now Ferrari

Vettel's closer but even with Hamilton he'd only be winning 8-10 races per year. Bottas was light years better than Checo and Rosberg was a legitimate fight.

We can all tell this is different. 16 out of 19 races and I'd say 14 of them weren't even close. It sucks and it's frustrating to watch.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

track day bro! posted:

Hamilton is #blessed

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the only redemption for this season is red bull to be caught and disqualified and max leaves the sport in shame

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

track day bro! posted:

net work error posted:

Lewis is blessed
Max is cursed

No need to complicate it further than that

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

wicka posted:

Hamilton is #blessed

Hamilton pissed off the racists, but Vettel was too close to Schumi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

track day bro! posted:

Welcome back