Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Lord Harbor posted:

At this point, lean into it.

'Your Honor, my clients entrusted me to safeguard tens of billions of dollars, how smart could they be?'

I know you're joking but anyone that puts their life savings into crypto can't be that smart. My dad is technology inept and even he figured out its trading real money for fake money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I guess at this point “it’s everyone else’s fault for being stupid enough for fall for my obvious lies” is probably the best defense he could possibly have left

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean that defense doesn’t work because consumer protections exist because people are stupid. If they weren’t stupid you wouldn’t need them

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I’m not saying the defense would work, I’m saying it’s the best defense he’s got

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Maybe you hope for jury nullification.

How will my customers ever learn unless you let me keep all their money, if they're dumb as poo poo you must acquit!

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

I’m not saying the defense would work, I’m saying it’s the best defense he’s got

:emptyquote:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. As the prosecution has proven beyond a reasonable doubt, my client is so obviously crooked that the only possible motivation to give him money is if they wanted him to keep it all. That makes it a gift, you can't be guilty of stealing a gift someone gave you!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Talorat posted:

That one rules, I had no idea these were all by the same woman.

All New York babyee, let's go yankees

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

I didn’t know you could melt people in court rooms

You swear in on a Bible for a reason.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

The Bible posted:

You swear in on a Bible for a reason.

I thought that that was The Ark Of The Covenant

The Bible
May 8, 2010

tango alpha delta posted:

I thought that that was The Ark Of The Covenant

Well, no one knows where that is so you make do.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Porfiriato posted:

As far as trial artwork goes, nothing will top Ghislaine Maxwell angrily sketching the courtroom artist sketching her

e: That one's also by Jane Rosenberg

also by Jane Rosenberg:

man she really loves picture-in-picture

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Is that last one Neil deGrasse Tyson?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Pham Nuwen posted:

That's the thing about The Onion, the whole story is told in the headline... Hell, you can usually get the joke from the URL alone.

luckily there is no hell, cause I still think the funniest thing the onion has ever done was a headline with no article: "baby can feel daddy kick"

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

sick of Applebees posted:

Is that last one Neil deGrasse Tyson?

You mean on the left or the right?

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Fate Accomplice posted:

luckily there is no hell, cause I still think the funniest thing the onion has ever done was a headline with no article: "baby can feel daddy kick"

Holy poo poo! :staredog:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Fate Accomplice posted:

Dear God

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Pirate Radar posted:

You mean on the left or the right?

Guy on the right, who I also assume is the guy on the screen?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

sick of Applebees posted:

Guy on the right, who I also assume is the guy on the screen?

I was joking, it’s the Rev. Al Sharpton. The screen also says REV AL SHARPTON on it.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Well now I feel dumb

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Fate Accomplice posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Fate Accomplice posted:

It's a hard tie between "Archaeologists Discover Ancient Race of Skeleton People" and "Jurisprudence Fetishist Gets Off On Technicality".

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
The roughest onion headline ever is hands down “School Bully Not So Tough Since Being Molested”

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

"Win A $10,000 Mall Of America Dream Shooting Spree!" is a pretty rough chuckle in its own right

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

This was maybe one of the first issues I ever saw. The top story is "Poll: 73% of Americans Can No Longer Believe This poo poo" and the story below that is something like Everyone Involved In Pizza's Ordering, Making, Delivery, Consumption Extremely High"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

more falafel please posted:

This was maybe one of the first issues I ever saw. The top story is "Poll: 73% of Americans Can No Longer Believe This poo poo" and the story below that is something like Everyone Involved In Pizza's Ordering, Making, Delivery, Consumption Extremely High"

Ive always enjoyed the photo for the pizza on

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
i still chuckle at "jurisprudence fetishist gets off on technicality" every now and then

e:f,b. still good tho

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

my all time fave

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

zetamind2000 posted:

"Win A $10,000 Mall Of America Dream Shooting Spree!" is a pretty rough chuckle in its own right

The roughest, most brutal LOL from The Onion, imho (TW: Suicide):

A close second:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJkWS4t4l0k

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Porfiriato posted:

As far as trial artwork goes, nothing will top Ghislaine Maxwell angrily sketching the courtroom artist sketching her

Foo Diddley posted:

if this isn't the best courtroom sketch of all time, it's def in the top 5

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Porfiriato posted:

lmao

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Discovering Jane Rosenberg is one of the best things I've gotten out of this thread so far.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Ooh I found another one:

From a whole article about her

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

cruft posted:

Ooh I found another one:

From a whole article about her

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
Honestly, more places should ban photography so we can get more sketch art of newsworthy events instead.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

The ones she did of Ghislaine Maxwell are compelling. In nearly every sketch, Maxwell looks like wants the artist to roll over and die.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Now I wanna see Maxwell's drawings.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

The Bible posted:

Well, no one knows where that is so you make do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Our_Lady_Mary_of_Zion

quote:

The guardian monk is appointed for life by his predecessor before the predecessor dies. If the incumbent guardian dies without naming a successor, then the monks of the monastery hold an election to select the new guardian. The guardian then is confined to the chapel of the Ark of the Covenant for the rest of his life, praying before it and offering incense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Agents are GO! posted:

The roughest, most brutal LOL from The Onion, imho (TW: Suicide):

A close second:

Holy loving poo poo :psypop: