Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Artelier posted:

Mobius change hurts my brain. "Good" against Sera if she wasn't cheated out somehow, but I guess we gotta like...guess to see if they drop a turn 2 Zabu.

Unless somehow the energy manipulation is being telegraphed I just don’t see his point. Even then you’re using 2 energy to prevent at best a Sera reduction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I wish there was a good way to sort by "upgradeable, but cards I actually use"

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

^^^ Turning off the "All Variants" filter will show only your favourites, if that helps.

Beasteh posted:

Okay I am going insane gaslighting myself here but I'm pretty sure WWBN is bugged and not moving when he should sometimes

Most often seen with Spidey and Surfer

In the case of Spidey, WWBN will not move if he was in the lane where Spidey was played. He will (or should) move if Spidey was played to a full lane, though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Just took my daughter trick or treating and a lady handing out hot apple cider to parents had a lab dressed as Cosmo. It was pretty great.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

victorious posted:

Can I ask why? It's so much better for me, it's exactly what I've wanted for months.

I only upgrade cards that I like, the new system requires me to scroll through the whole set. The old one just placed the ones I could upgrade at the top.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

uXs posted:

Yeah, agreed. There's a lot of feedback about this on the discord saying this as well.

It's enough to make me uninstall the game again. I doubt if I'll come back again after this.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

obi_ant posted:

I only upgrade cards that I like, the new system requires me to scroll through the whole set. The old one just placed the ones I could upgrade at the top.

It still does that, just in a different order.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
I just dropped Nico with the "double this card's power when you play your next card" followed by Hulkbuster on Bar Sinister. Ended up with two 4 power Nicos and two 14 power ones. Next turn I played a card somewhere else and one of the 14 power Nicos doubled again.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

victorious posted:

It still does that, just in a different order.

the new version shows infinite un-upgradable cards next to their upgradable counterparts. there's no reason to do that.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
wwbn already feels like hes gonna need to get dropped to +1 per move lol

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Looking forward to them returning Collector to 2/0 again in the next OTA.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This Regis deck is loving insane. I haven't lost a single game with it and I finished a gold conquest and started an infinite, so like.. 8 or 9 rounds? WWBN is absolutely broken.

(Regis may have come up with the deck but I gave it the rad name.)

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 1, 2023

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

New Leaf posted:

This Regis deck is loving insane. I haven't lost a single game with it and I finished a gold conquest and started an infinite, so like.. 8 or 9 rounds? WWBN is absolutely broken.

How vital is Snowguard? He's the only one I'm missing here

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Fate Accomplice posted:

the new version shows infinite un-upgradable cards next to their upgradable counterparts. there's no reason to do that.

You just need to turn on the Favourite filter, opposite to how you used to have to turn off the All Variants filter.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Hobo Clown posted:

How vital is Snowguard? He's the only one I'm missing here

Any other 1-2 cost "on reveal" would probably work, even Angela too. Snowguard is nice because of the bonus 3/4s but it's really just extra Wolf fodder.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

victorious posted:

You just need to turn on the Favourite filter, opposite to how you used to have to turn off the All Variants filter.

what if I want to see all upgradeable versions of each card but not those that cannot?

you know, like the "upgradeable" tab should. and did, till today.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

CapnAndy posted:

loving lmao that their solution to Spotlight Caches being so badly designed that nobody ever opens them because 90% of the time, opening one is sub-optimal, is just "make hoarding them easier" rather than, y'know, actually fixing the problem.

It was a solution to people accidentally opening caches they didn't want to open and it seems to be a good solution. Also, a lot of people in this thread are talking about opening caches. Seems fine.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

BoldFace posted:

I like these. I hope they keep adding more voice lines to cards.

https://twitter.com/NuffSaidBob/status/1719485023613534279

Shouldn't Doom have a vague eastern European accent?

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

alright. loki meta loving sucks. bring back moebius

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

New Leaf posted:

(Regis may have come up with the deck but I gave it the rad name.)

I too bought big tiddy goth gf Nico Minoru

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Little concerned that they sold Mobius at a premium with multiple high cost bundles and then deleted him weeks later, and then tacitly admitted that they designed him with the mind to heavily adjust down the line

Maybe people have gorged on the slop for too long and become numb to this kind of predatory poo poo but I've seen far less shady activities trigger revolts and boycotts in other games with cash shop p2w models

They need to balance cards better, and we need a refund

(I spent a cache on him, but still)

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Feels good

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Spent 6000 tokens on iron lad he just seems to be in everything and generally very good

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Beasteh posted:

Little concerned that they sold Mobius at a premium with multiple high cost bundles and then deleted him weeks later, and then tacitly admitted that they designed him with the mind to heavily adjust down the line

Maybe people have gorged on the slop for too long and become numb to this kind of predatory poo poo but I've seen far less shady activities trigger revolts and boycotts in other games with cash shop p2w models

They need to balance cards better, and we need a refund

(I spent a cache on him, but still)

Yeah I totally agree people used to give League of Legends huge amounts of poo poo for releasing OP a heroes and nerfing after people bought them

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Hearthstone used to refund the cost of a card whenever they did a major rework. Snap's current card pool is too small for something like that to be viable, but they could at least chuck a couple of thousand tokens at folks who broke the bank to buy an obviously overpowered card.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
If you spend money on dumb video game poo poo that's kind of on you

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Fate Accomplice posted:

:iiam:
On mobile only seeing upgradeable cards listed by # of boosters with infinite cards at the bottom.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think they've been doing a great job with the balance changes in recent months. My only real gripe has been that they have released some of the season pass cards in an overpowered state. Even this patch made more bad cards playable (Ravonna, Negasonic) than it made good cards unplayable (Mobius). In Mobius's case, I think the change to an On Reveal card is reasonable, but his current stat line leaves him unplayable for now. But it's something that can be fixed via an OTA.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Reek posted:

Agreed, the only mobile game I've ever spent microtransactions money on was Simpson Tapped Out and it was incredibly dumb. My Springfield looked really sick though.

This game plays absolutely fine without spending a penny. I've been playing since July and I'm 22 cards off Pool 3 completion. Still having fun, highest rank I've got to so far was 83 and that was just this season.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Is it just me or are we suddenly back in a Sandman meta because this sucks (only thing worse is a Leech meta)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Darke GBF posted:

I too bought big tiddy goth gf Nico Minoru

I consider it recompense for not letting me romance her in Midnight Suns.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Artelier posted:

Is it just me or are we suddenly back in a Sandman meta because this sucks (only thing worse is a Leech meta)

that was like, their explicit plan with nerfing mobius while changing wave and buffing ravonna and sandman yes

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I guess it makes sense in a way, but if Niko has the "Destroy the next card you platy to draw at wo cards" spell active, it cannot double from locations like Kamar-Taj (or Wong), Sinister London, or Bar Sinister. Because it's a "package deal" to destroy the card and draw two, so the other On Reveal actions from her getting doubled (or more) on "are deck," but since that card was already destroyed, they can't finish their On Reveal actions to get you more cards.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Just mulched through my first Infinity Conquest win with Loki. Took two attempts, but I went 9-1 overall.

Verdict: Busted.

Edit: also, High Evo's new voice line, "Behold my creations!" is triggering a key memory of hearing the Hoshiko Robotics Cruiser spam that line in Sins of a Solar Empire... for all two people in the world who notice that crossover.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Nov 1, 2023

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

BoldFace posted:

It would make sense if their long-term plan is to first saturate Series 5 before starting to drop some of them to Series 4. I don't mind all new cards being released to Series 5 as long they eventually keep adding older cards to Series 4.

it's been mentioned before, but it's worth repeating again: don't count on series drops.

they've been making a number of changes (but not really to the spotlight system) and plenty of time has passed where they have received a metric gently caress ton of feedback yet we haven't heard a thing about this. on top of all that, they have confirmed that they are going to be selling the spotlight keys going forward, so they don't really have any incentives to keep the game f2p friendly. you can see it now, with all the mega priced bundles, and even the most recent anniversary "savings" event where you spend $200 in a month to get an exclusive variant and avatar. the game is skewing full tilt towards greater and greater p2w and gacha mechanics, and they're being rewarded for it.

hopefully things do get better (lol) but until it does, you've gotta continue managing your resources carefully because they are really just dripping it out, a few drops at a time now.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

Reek posted:

Hey victim blaming isn't just for sexual assault anymore neat

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Last King posted:

it's been mentioned before, but it's worth repeating again: don't count on series drops.

And as was pointed out up thread, I only noticed yesterday because of the pattern continuing in January but starting next month they’re going to be releasing an additional card every month which is going to make your spotlights and tokens spread out even more thinly.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Last King posted:

you can see it now, with all the mega priced bundles, and even the most recent anniversary "savings" event where you spend $200 in a month to get an exclusive variant and avatar.

That event is gross and I wish I'd followed through on not giving them any more money after that came up. Bought Elsa right before the nerf lol.

And I saw the datamines for January bundles, I think only one of them has a shot at being under 30 bucks.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
the worst and best parts of the players and the monetization can be seen in the official snap discord shop talk channel...

at first there was outrage and confusion that the double the gold promotion wasn't working from purchases on the website - the way second dinner worded it (left vague) people thought they could go onto the nuverse web shop and buy gold as usual to double up. basically, more predatory dark pattern bullshit. a bunch of people immediately spent $100 and were shocked and angry that they didn't get 16k gold. apparently, this promotion only works on purchases through the app (or on the steam version i assume).

however, wallet warriors then started buying multiple gold bundles to see if they could get the bonus multiple times, and once it was confirmed that you can buy each tier of bundle to "double up" on the gold, the initial outrage turned to happiness as whales basically bought out the entire gold shop, spending $200+ and getting something like 33k+ gold, thanking second dinner for the insane "value", crying out for joy on how they can now buy all the bundles and variants they want for the upcoming hellfire gala event.

was very surreal to see this happening in real time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yep. People will bleed themselves white if they think they're getting a good "value."