Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

dxt posted:

With Dobbs that means my Addison/Jefferson shares are saved right???

I loving hope so :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

dxt posted:

With Dobbs that means my Addison/Jefferson shares are saved right???

As someone who's seen Dobbs play this season: don't get your hopes up.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Addison breaking out was the one good thing I had going for me, so this checks out

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I picked up Clayton Tune and I'm starting him.

This hilariously bad idea was my only option in dynasty where we start 2 QBs and everyone hordes them and I lost Cousins and Anthony Richardson.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Need to pick up a TE As Engram, the amazing tight end who has a 2 inch gap between his floor and his ceiling, is on bye, and because it's an 8-man league I have some options.

I'm leaning towards putting in a waiver claim for Kincaid who has been on a hot streak with Josh Allen, and if that doesn't work trying to pick up Mr. Boom Bust himself Taysom Hill. I also have Njoku and Thomas as options, however, so I'm debating who to push for.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Tom Tucker posted:

Need to pick up a TE As Engram, the amazing tight end who has a 2 inch gap between his floor and his ceiling, is on bye, and because it's an 8-man league I have some options.

I'm leaning towards putting in a waiver claim for Kincaid who has been on a hot streak with Josh Allen, and if that doesn't work trying to pick up Mr. Boom Bust himself Taysom Hill. I also have Njoku and Thomas as options, however, so I'm debating who to push for.

I think with Knox on IR it is easily Kincaid, he looked great this week

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Who should I pick up at QB for a super flex between Heinicke, Minshew, or Levis? I would lean Heinicke, but I am not sure if he is starting.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Tom Tucker posted:

As a fellow Engram-enjoyer I WISH Kincaid was on waivers. I’m in a similar boat though, probably going Taysom. I’m so used to having a guy put up 8-10 points week in and week out, why not switch it up and play the guy who will either get me 0.7 or 23?

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Pain of Mind posted:

Who should I pick up at QB for a super flex between Heinicke, Minshew, or Levis? I would lean Heinicke, but I am not sure if he is starting.

If Heinicke is named the starter tomorrow I'd preferer him over the other guys, but in typical Arthur Smith fashion he'll keep us guessing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Tom Tucker posted:

In order of preference: Kincaid -> Hill -> Njoku -> Thomas

(Hill is where he is because c'mon it's fun to run out a gadget player)

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Dango Bango posted:

In order of preference: Kincaid -> Hill -> Njoku -> Thomas

(Hill is where he is because c'mon it's fun to run out a gadget player)

This is exactly what I'm doing putting in waiver claims to drop the same player for Kincaid and then Hill and if I don't get one of them I'll grab some other random 9 target bore to slot in. Hill just seems like he'd be fun to root for on red zone.

edit: got Kincaid yay

Tom Tucker fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Nov 1, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pick one rear end in a top hat:

Dobbs
Clayton Tune
Dorian Thompson-Robinson
Jaren Hall

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Raiders have fired McDaniels.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Docjowles posted:

One of the most talented receivers in the league held to one catch. Fire McDaniels into the sun

They did :dogstare:

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Starting to think that Brady guy may have been a bigger part of that offenses success than McDaniels

Will he get yet another shot? Back in NE inexplicable running the offense again on Sunday?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bieniemy will get a shot after McDaniel's fifth shot, no sooner. Definitely not because of racism, though.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

JSN or Charbs as a stash in half-PPR? I'd have to drop JSN for Charbs.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
I grabbed Njoku as a bye week fill in for LaPorta, but I noticed that somehow McBride and Taysom didn't get claimed. Are either of those guys worth picking up over Njoku?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

ElectricRelaxation posted:

I grabbed Njoku as a bye week fill in for LaPorta, but I noticed that somehow McBride and Taysom didn't get claimed. Are either of those guys worth picking up over Njoku?

I’m not sure I want any McBride with Dobbs gone, Hill is a roll 1D20 player so probably still an upgrade over Njoku

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

ElectricRelaxation posted:

If Taysom has TE eligibility in your league, he should be slotted in ahead of anyone below LaPorta level. They use him in red zone packages, 3rd down, etc. You’ll see him lined up as QB and think: “surely they’ll stop the run this time” but no he keeps getting yards even when they run the same play twice in a row. and they’re playing Chicago next week.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Welp between byes and injuries and most of my league holding 2-3 QBs in a 1 QB league looks like I am streaming Minshew this week :shepface: The Hurts team blew a bunch of FAAB adding Levis for some reason

Might try to swing a trade for like, Dak, but I don't think a single trade has happened in this league this year so not holding my breath

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Thanks, I just grabbed him. I figure at the very least he'll be a lot more fun to have on my team than Njoku.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

mega dy posted:

JSN or Charbs as a stash in half-PPR? I'd have to drop JSN for Charbs.

Charbs has major winning lotto ticket potential IMO.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
I’ve hated Taysom ever since that Christmas game where Kamara had like 5 touchdowns, and Taysom had to sneak one as well. They should I’ve just let Alvin have his day.

That being said, I picked him up this week with Engram on bye because it time to embrace the chaos.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

I’d lean Minshew just based on their Oc (Steichen), he’s a gunslinger and they seem to tolerate his turnovers. Falcons and Titans game plan is still ball control (rushing and defense), and teams are going to have film on Levis next week. Also Heinicke always looks good as a backup the first game and then defenses adjust.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Ok so this is kind of a rich get richer situation but basically Im getting screwed on byes this week.

Im 6-2 and #1 in the league.

I have Sam LaPorta as my TE1 and Evan Engram on my bench as TE backup. I didnt realize that both were on by this week so I dont have a TE and I dont want to drop anyone from my bench (also on bye - Jahmyr Gibbs, Javonte Williams or my backup WR Chris Olave) to pick up a TE for one week.

Should I just go without a TE and keep my stacked bench for weeks moving forward since I'm in a good spot record wise? Still projected at 105 for the week but Im going against the #3 team.... I think I could just take the L to avoid losing a good piece.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

MakaVillian posted:

So now that Josh Dobbs has apparently been traded to the Vikings, this means that Murray has got be ready to go for week 9 right?

I only ask because I have Goff on bye this week and I have the option of either picking up Stroud/Carr as fill-ins or moving Murray off IR and starting him against...Cleveland?!

Do we think Murray has much realistic upside the rest of the season and I should make room for him on my short bench (4 bench spots)?

More likely Murray starts week 10. They’re out of the playoff race so they don’t need to rush him. Even if he plays, won’t be as mobile coming off the ACL tear until next year. Carr’s playing Chicago so I’d probably roll with him over Stroud given he has better skill players, an actual run game, and easy checkdowns to Kamara.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

bows1 posted:

Ok so this is kind of a rich get richer situation but basically Im getting screwed on byes this week.

I have Sam LaPorta as my TE1 and Evan Engram on my bench as TE backup. I didnt realize that both were on by this week so I dont have a TE and I dont want to drop anyone from my bench (also on bye - Jahmyr Gibbs, Javonte Williams or my backup WR Chris Olave) to pick up a TE for one week.

Should I just go without a TE and keep my stacked bench for weeks moving forward since I'm in a good spot record wise? Still projected at 105 for the week but Im going against the #3 team.... I think I could just take the L to avoid losing a good piece.

I would just drop engram for a stream like Thomas, and then after this week only run LaPorta and not have any backup TEs

I did pick up Taysom and am running him over Thomas since in the last three games he’s averaged 17pts, and since most of my team is on bye I might as well try gambling

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seconding dropping Engram. No reason to be holding 2 tight ends all year. And you’ll prob never start him over Laporta for the rest of the season.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

no way. Engram is reliable money in TE land, he’s not droppable. Trade him in a package or save him in case Laporta is injured.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

bows1 posted:

I’d maybe try to trade Engram laterally. A playoff bye is worth a lot and you’re probably not that far ahead.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea trading someone is always the first option. I assumed he tried that already. It would have to be a 2 for 1 though which is always tough to pull off.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I’d third dropping Engram if you can’t trade him. I highly doubt you regret dropping him nearly as much as you’d regret losing a close matchup because you rolled without a TE.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

van fem posted:

More likely Murray starts week 10. They’re out of the playoff race so they don’t need to rush him. Even if he plays, won’t be as mobile coming off the ACL tear until next year. Carr’s playing Chicago so I’d probably roll with him over Stroud given he has better skill players, an actual run game, and easy checkdowns to Kamara.

:tipshat:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

DeepDickPizza posted:

I’d third dropping Engram if you can’t trade him. I highly doubt you regret dropping him nearly as much as you’d regret losing a close matchup because you rolled without a TE.

Everyone seems pretty set with a TE... I Could drop Engram for Taysom (against the bears) this week as an easy FA pickup and maybe hope to get him back next week.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bows1 posted:

Everyone seems pretty set with a TE

literally impossible

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Why did I just get an alert saying Josh Allen is questionable? I can't find anything online.

edit: Looks like he's limited in practice today, due to monitoring a shoulder issue that's been reported the last two weeks. Probably not major.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 1, 2023

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I missed out on the Minshew waivers, God help me I’m starting Bryce Young while Goff is on bye.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The problem with Engram is that while he is a good stable piece in ppr, the drop from him to the top waiver churn TEs isn’t that big. So if you hope to trade him it’s going to have to be as a secondary piece to a larger trade. And good luck working that out in 3 days when it’s already clear that your back is against the wall of not having a TE to start this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

I missed out on the Minshew waivers, God help me I’m starting Bryce Young while Goff is on bye.

Colts matchups have been shooting galleries lately, and I think Bryce looked the best he’s ever been last game against Houston. So if there’s any week Bryce could put up 20+ pts, I’d say it’s this week.