Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

girl dick energy posted:

I've actually got a Level 100 Kingambit, but he's Supreme Overlord. Worth using an Ability Capsule on him, or should I train up a second?

Ability Capsules are cheap and plentiful, I'd just pull the trigger.

Video Games Thx posted:

Does scarlet/violet just not have an endgame? Was horrified to discover that the all-star school tournament in the post-game stays at a static level forever

Does the dlc help with that? I need a Pokémon sword-style Battle Tower or something

It seems very likely to be in DLC part 2, but for now all you've got is Area Zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Managed to snag myself a shiny Halloween tree tonight. I even got so lucky for it to have the crafty mark too. I’ve currently named him Wolf Willow, but I may change it to Samhain.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

why is there no capybara pokemon

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Muscle Tracer posted:

Because they are all friend-shaped to someone

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Muscle Tracer posted:

It took them 9 generations to give us a proper Dolphin pokemon.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
https://twitter.com/pokejungle/status/1719917593941643558

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Treecko posted:

For the goon who couldn't find Nikoking merch. I have these in my possession.

I'll send you them for the cost of postage.

Oh hey, that's me! I'll send you an email but I do live in Asia so I dunno how much postage will cost in the end. Hopefully it's reasonable.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Muscle Tracer posted:

look closer....

Be warned:
Its power is huge

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Indigo Disk release date is December 14th, per Pokémon Twitter

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
A reminder that you need to beat the base campaign and part 1 of the DLC to access part 2 here! So if you got the DLC and haven't done that, get on that.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Araxxor posted:

A reminder that you need to beat the base campaign and part 1 of the DLC to access part 2 here! So if you got the DLC and haven't done that, get on that.

Aww, no speedrun legendaries this time.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Curious if Nemona and the others will be involved in the plot this time since Indigo Disk apparently takes place after the main story (if so, I kind of want her to meet the Teal Mask siblings)

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Huh, I didn't get Teal Mask because it didn't appeal to me much but it would be kinda lame that I had to get it to get Indigo Disk.

I just wanted starters in the wild.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
you can't buy them separately so no worries there

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

last time the stories were separate from one another but this time Indigo Disk is a continuation of the story started in Teal Mask, so they have to come together. (you can burn through the Teal Mask plot stuff in like four hours or less if you’ve already beaten the game, so it’s not a huge deal.)

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I did not expect the Indigo Disk to make it out the door in 2023. Metagross I need you to come home baby!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
:wooper:!!!
https://twitter.com/pokejungle/status/1719917593941643558
:havlat:

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
I simply cannot afford to buy plushies that big (in terms of space) but holy gently caress I want that.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:allears:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Trying to get Enamorus in Legends. Why is this so hard? I cannot for the life of me hit this thing with enough mud balls. She sees me even when I'm hiding behind a rock to get close enough to reach her.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nessa posted:

Trying to get Enamorus in Legends. Why is this so hard? I cannot for the life of me hit this thing with enough mud balls. She sees me even when I'm hiding behind a rock to get close enough to reach her.

Yeah I think I just ended up using a trail of smoke balls

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Nessa posted:

the genies all got Jet Balls hurled at them from smoke-bomb-cover in my Legends Arceus run.
:colbert:
Everything else i kept from that game was in a pokeball or heavy ball, but those genies are air spirits so... i aint got the time to megacreep up behind that terrible terrapin lady in the mudflats all day just to complete my dex.... so let's just use our finest sniper-ball from max range! :widowsnypa:

e: the real answer is she requires both stealth spray AND smoke bombs if you want to get close. She is the final dex entry before Arceus and the only open-world-spawned encounter that requires such

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 3, 2023

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Welp, that Typhlosion raid was super easy. Water Tera Azumarill with Rain Dance, Substitute (for Will-o-Wisp), Belly Drum and Liquidation. Chewed it up.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Lux Anima posted:

the genies all got Jet Balls hurled at them from smoke-bomb-cover in my Legends Arceus run.
:colbert:
Everything else i kept from that game was in a pokeball or heavy ball, but those genies are air spirits so... i aint got the time to megacreep up behind that terrible terrapin lady in the mudflats all day just to complete my dex.... so let's just use our finest sniper-ball from max range! :widowsnypa:

e: the real answer is she requires both stealth spray AND smoke bombs if you want to get close. She is the final dex entry before Arceus and the only open-world-spawned encounter that requires such

Oooh, I will get crafting and try those things. Even smoke cover hasn’t been helping me a whole lot, but maybe I just need a whole lot more smoke bombs.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Nessa posted:

- the swamp area has a lot of tiny little wisps of grass that count as cover if you crouch while standing in the same place. It is ridiculous because they are so tiny, but if you find one and crouch on it, she can't see you while she is un-alert
- you can engage her in battle by throwing one of your pokemon at her (you can do this with all the genies but I point this out because I didn't know it until someone pointed it out to me when I was trying to catch her)

Enamorous has a lower catch rate than the others in Legends I think - the best way to catch her is to engage her in battle, rather than try to catch her outside of battle

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Reminder that Gigaton Balls always have their 2.75x modifier active in battle, which gives them a better rate than Ultra Balls

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Hammerite posted:

- the swamp area has a lot of tiny little wisps of grass that count as cover if you crouch while standing in the same place. It is ridiculous because they are so tiny, but if you find one and crouch on it, she can't see you while she is un-alert
- you can engage her in battle by throwing one of your pokemon at her (you can do this with all the genies but I point this out because I didn't know it until someone pointed it out to me when I was trying to catch her)

Enamorous has a lower catch rate than the others in Legends I think - the best way to catch her is to engage her in battle, rather than try to catch her outside of battle

I finally managed to get her. I was trying to engage her in battle the whole time, but like the other genies, she requires her shield to be broken 3 times before you can start a battle. It was just so hard to break that shield and I swear I had to hit her 6 or 7 times before I was able to start a battle.

I managed to catch all but one of the genies in a single ultra ball. Thunderus needed 2 ultra balls.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Nessa posted:

I finally managed to get her.
:blessed:

Surely, we must enjoy what luxuries we can find, these days :coffeepal:

It is here

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Someone could make a killing on Etsy making boutique Pokeballs… Or would that be too noticeable to Nintendo’s lawyers? People do get away with a lot on Etsy selling stuff from trademarked/copyrighted properties…

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

galagazombie posted:

Someone could make a killing on Etsy making boutique Pokeballs… Or would that be too noticeable to Nintendo’s lawyers? People do get away with a lot on Etsy selling stuff from trademarked/copyrighted properties…

There's plenty of poke ball goodies on Etsy, from knitted, to 3D-printed, to Poke-themed

The LED ones are pretty too

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

galagazombie posted:

:havlat:
:wooper: https://twitter.com/AsterShock/status/1720648253761307024 :wooper:

quote:

🖇 aster 🍃
@AsterShock
i loving love etsy dude

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"Psyduck, use confusion!"

"I'm sorry, Misty. But I'm afraid I can't let you do that."

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

lol

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I really wish the raids had a way to party up with specific pubbies at the end. I had one who was running a great support Milotic while I was trying my damnedest with Azumarril. The other two on our team had their ride-ons and were 0 help.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/PokeMikuVOLTAGE/status/1721097560079867921

Pity they're not getting outfit variants as well
They could fill the next several years with content if they did though

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rin and Kaito did

oh well, rip Meiko

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Deeters posted:

I really wish the raids had a way to party up with specific pubbies at the end. I had one who was running a great support Milotic while I was trying my damnedest with Azumarril. The other two on our team had their ride-ons and were 0 help.

Honestly, I keep trying to think of ways to make the raids not terrible, but... I think it's just inherently a bad idea to make cool stuff reliant on a team of two grumpy 30-something grognards and two excited preteens who just love Charizard. I think the idea of raid bosses itself is cool, but let me control a team of 3 or 4 of my own pokemon, or at the very least pick my AI supports, and balance around that. Without completely overhauling the system and introducing something like Elo, I'm not sure the pubbie experience can be unfucked.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Pick 4 Pokemon of your choice for Raids and have manual control over one of them. Done.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, I wouldn't mind being able to pick the AI teammates. Swap them out as a real player joins in. Having the option to stick with a random group has been around since early Xbox live, so I didn't think it would be hard to implement for Pokemon.

I even kinda like carrying pubbies if it means the 10 year old who loves Charizard gets another cool pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

It’s especially dumb since the generation that introduced raids also introduced trainer cards that you can collect from NPCs that “supposedly” let you call them when you need them. But then you can’t actually call these NPCs to help you out in a certain raid. Like, “Hey Pierce, come help me in this raid against a ghost Pokémon.”

I would love to be able to call my besties, Arven, Penny and Nemona to join me in raids since I know what Pokémon they have.