Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

LiquidFriend posted:

Cutting bait on the nucleus that the Raiders had coming off the playoff year to hire a bunch of Patriots trash never made any sense.

have you considered that the raiders are one of the most poorly run teams in sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I can't wait for the Tubfrog Raiders video

Edit: I forgot he did one already nevermind!

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Nov 2, 2023

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The patriot way

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Mac Jones looked like an average QB under McDaniels which is probably his only notable accomplishment as an OC.

Of course, McDaniels would still be to blame for being involved in the decision to draft Mac Jones like 15th overall when 20 QB's had already been drafted.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ostentatious posted:

have you considered that the raiders are one of the most poorly run teams in sports
I'd never believe a grown man that dresses like a 9 year old would botch running an NFL franchise.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

LiquidFriend posted:

I'd never believe a grown man that dresses like a 9 year old would botch running an NFL franchise.

he cuts his hair like that on purpose

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MrQwerty posted:

he cuts his hair like that on purpose

Travels 500 miles to get it done too

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Raiders are doing the right thing somehow but at the wrong time. It's fun.

I guess you're getting ahead of the game on the search is the upside.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

being a raiders fan loving rules; I gave up hope of a Super Bowl back in ‘01 and now just giggle at every boondoggle because it’s all I can do.

such a delightfully messy franchise and I love ‘em wholeheartedly.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

the escape goat posted:

being a raiders fan loving rules; I gave up hope of a Super Bowl back in ‘01 and now just giggle at every boondoggle because it’s all I can do.

such a delightfully messy franchise and I love ‘em wholeheartedly.
That's pretty much been my thing with the Raiders too. Horribly dysfunctional but lovable in a way, always fun cause who knows wtf is going to happen.

I'd say the McDaniels era was just poo poo though. We all knew it'd be bad and it was. The high point was getting Davante that first offseason then was basically downhill from there.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
It's always blind optimism going into the season hoping against hope that maybe "this is the year we turn things around" and then by week 3 my liver is waving the white flag and begging me to stop.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/bludreemz/status/1721276409287754016

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Crosby and Renfrow sat him down and told him that people calling him Harry Dunne was not a compliment now that Cap'n Dipshit McDaniels is gone

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Mark Davis is playing the long game. Fire your coach mid-season then ride that new coach bump into the playoffs.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Giving up only 14 to the Dolphins, the Chiefs D is very legit. I think Karlaftis is top 10 in the whole league in pressures. Dru Tranquill is really good.

Offense is a work in progress. Kelce gets doubled and shut out and no one else can really step up.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
McDuffie has 4 forced fumbles this season

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Rice is turning into something.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I am very concerned this is a reverse Samson situation for the AFCW.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

No Butt Stuff posted:

Rice is turning into something.

I have really been impressed with Rice stepping it up substantially. I'm a huge Sky Moore fan and I really wish he was doing more.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

SalTheBard posted:

I'm a huge Sky Moore fan

Did you go to Western Michigan?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

I'm a huge Sky Moore fan

The last Skyy Moore fan

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Skyy did make a couple of plays yesterday.

The first short 3rd down pickup was funny because he looked as surprised as I was that he actually caught the ball and had room to turn upfield and run a little. The second was just a good route that he won and came down with it this time.

This doesn't make him good of course, but better than it's been for a bit.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Hey guys, I just want to say that Maxx Crosby is really good at his job

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Yeah he is, best edge in NFL besides maybe Garrett

https://x.com/Jacobs71/status/1721525759058022464?s=20

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Going from Anthony Hitchens/Reggie Ragland/Damien Wilson to Bolton/Tranquill/Gay has been great for the defense

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This guy was the forgotten member of the draft class and he's awesome. Shades of honey badger with his green dot.

https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/1721206252636897683

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I’ve been debating whether the defense is good or we’ve just played bad offenses but I think this game sealed it in favor of the defense and it’s such a relief after years of the opposite.

The offense only scored 2/3 of our points and half of the Dolphins points with that interception on our own 25.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The Chiefs defense probably isnt as good as you think and the Dolphins are frauds

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ostentatious posted:

The Chiefs defense probably isnt as good as you think and the Dolphins are frauds
Por que no los dos?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Travels 500 miles to get it done too

No loving way

NO loving WAY

That is the most egregious example of carbon emission malpractice I have ever heard in my life, Bezos is fine compared to that

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ostentatious posted:

The Chiefs D is pretty good if the refs let a little holding go in the secondary or the pass rush gets home. They're funnily sort of good in the run game even with their best run stopping LB out.

But yeah there's nothing to read into a game in goddamned Germany really as far as how they really match up with the Dolphins I think.

...other than me being worried about this stupid offense.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Pron on VHS posted:

Did you go to Western Michigan?

kiimo posted:

The last Skyy Moore fan

It's more that I liked what I saw out of him in training camp last year and I thought having a season with JJSS , MVS and Mecole might be really good for his development. I saw his Super Bowl TD as the culmination of that story and then this year it's just been a lot of literal nothing and it's frustrating.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Skyy is actually pretty good with the ball in his hands. The problem is it’s hard to get him the ball unless it’s a jet sweep or quick hitting route against off coverage. This is because Skyy has 2 fatal flaws: he cannot get open, and he is a tiny guy with a tiny catch radius so he cannot catch any contested balls or any passes that aren’t directly on him. Contrast this with Tyreek Hill, who speed aside also is a tiny guy but he can go up and also lay out for catches.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
How many College teams have a better top 3 WRs than the chiefs? Ohio State yes. Texas, Washington, LSU maybe?

The top end of college WR talent has been stupidly good the last few years.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'm excited for Chiefs WR1 Ladd McConkey

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Ostentatious posted:

the Dolphins offense are frauds when facing a good defense, which the Chiefs have

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1722660325802307744?s=20

So proud of my large furious son

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

you’re telling me there’s two DEs in the nfl named Sweat

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
gently caress the Broncos!

(Sorry this took so long, been dealing with some IRL stuff)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm just glad you had the confidence to back up your bold claim that the Chiefs could possibly beat the Broncos, even if it ended poorly for you. I appreciate your sportsmanship.