Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I managed to pick up Levis while Goff is on bye, but I also have Stroud.

I’m leaning toward playing Levis given how great he looked last week, but are there any reasons to play Stroud instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I’m leaning toward playing Levis given how great he looked last week, but are there any reasons to play Stroud instead?

The reason is the Pittsburgh defense on TNF

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I thought the Steelers gave up a ton of passing yards? Or are you saying TNF is clownball

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Minshew vs Mayfield?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Levis was more lucky than good. NFL Safeties aren't dumb, they will adjust, but if desperate is an option

CJ Stroud is actually good, and has a great setup for a bounce-back game at home vs a TB DEF that is not outstanding vs QB.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Good enough for me, Stroud it is!

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Heinicke named the starter in Atlanta. I hope the offense looks a lot better than with Ridder.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Freezer posted:

Heinicke named the starter in Atlanta. I hope the offense looks a lot better than with Ridder.

I'm skeptical that anything can raise the ceiling on Atlanta's offense much as long as Smith is running it. Like there's 3 very high first round (real life) picks at skill positions and none of them are living up to expectations. Bijan looks awesome and has had a few spikes but probably not what you were hoping for in the middle of the first round for fantasy.

Do like to see it shaken up though. Ridder clearly isn't it.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 1, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Someone tell me about Clayton Tune, I'm starting his rear end and I know nothing besides he's named after the best ESPN commercial ever involving Slayer

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Just decided to flop this week on my no bench league, had four players on bye and would have to replace them with people that have their bye either next week or the week after to be competitive this week.

In my main work league:

I am legit thinking about benching Tony P this week, his only game getting more than 10 points in the last month is against the Chargers and they're player Philly this week.

I have Gus Bus and Rachaad White who both have better matchups and have not sucked recently.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

kiimo posted:

Someone tell me about Clayton Tune, I'm starting his rear end and I know nothing besides he's named after the best ESPN commercial ever involving Slayer

Well. First name is Clayton -- this is important information. Last name is Tune. Essential to know this. Plays QB -- and is on the Arizona Cardinals NFL team.

What else could one ever want to know?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

take me you ANIMAL posted:

I am legit thinking about benching Tony P this week, his only game getting more than 10 points in the last month is against the Chargers and they're player Philly this week.

It just doesn't feel like he's a bellcow back. He's a perfect complement back.

Also where's all the Najee backers now? :sigh: What a waste of $38 auction dollars.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I was so high on Pollard as one of my keepers and he’s absolutely capable of being a bellcow back, the problem is they took him out of the Pollard role and are trying to force him into the Zeke role, which he is not good at.

He’s not a big heavy dude who slams through the line, he’s a squirrely little weirdo who you pitch the ball to and let him juke a couple guys for first downs.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I am seriously considering playing Henderson over Pollard this week, he’s been weirdly good and the Packers D has been atrocious

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah I felt so good about my Pollard / Garrett Wilson start picking at 12 in one league. Sigh.

Also waivers ran last night and now I am starting Minshew in two spots to cover byes, lol

Also also it feels like Achane has been on IR for 1000 years already. What do you mean it’s at least two more weeks til I get him back??

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Bellmaker posted:

I am seriously considering playing Henderson over Pollard this week, he’s been weirdly good and the Packers D has been atrocious

My start/sit spreadsheet is trying to get me to start Henderson over KWIII. I'm not doing it, but it's close.

It likes Hendo over Pollard slightly more, but they're still essentially even.

E: And, the spreadsheet doesn't see the Rams QB downgrade outside of it's impact on the team total/win probability.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
My biggest decision between Pollard and Henderson is which one I want to put in the RB1 slot and which one I want to put in the RB2 slot.

I miss Nick Chubb :(

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I made Levis my priority waiver claim this week but have since dropped him for Carr, who has got Chicago coming up at home.

Levis has a short week, Thursday night fuckball trip to Pittsburgh. Too many red flags there for me. Is Hopkins still questionable too? It's fun to back the rookie after a debut like that but I think his floor could look pretty ugly in this one.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Ayudo posted:

My start/sit spreadsheet is trying to get me to start Henderson over KWIII. I'm not doing it, but it's close.

It likes Hendo over Pollard slightly more, but they're still essentially even.

E: And, the spreadsheet doesn't see the Rams QB downgrade outside of it's impact on the team total/win probability.

Wolford has looked competent at times but he’s clearly a downgrade to Stafford yeah

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Levis was propped up in the exact way Deshaun Watson was

chuck it to nuk

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bumhead posted:

I made Levis my priority waiver claim this week but have since dropped him for Carr, who has got Chicago coming up at home.

Levis has a short week, Thursday night fuckball trip to Pittsburgh. Too many red flags there for me. Is Hopkins still questionable too? It's fun to back the rookie after a debut like that but I think his floor could look pretty ugly in this one.

Gahhhh yeah it’s so drat tempting since I just need a floor of like 10 to be survivable. Stroud has been trending down in points in the last 3 games, and with Minkah out on the Steelers D, it’s easy to hype yourself up like what if??

Goff managed to get 22pts in ½ppr on the road against TB, but I have no idea how the rest of the Texans look comparatively

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

half point PPR. Got this trade offer. Getting: Addison and Kincaid, giving Goff and Mixon. I have Jefferson on IR is this worth anything? I also need one keeper for next season and it feels like Addison is a candidate. So is Jerome Ford I suppose.

This is a 14 team league, if you're wondering why my team is so lovely. I've actually scored the second most points in the league.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Will Levis will score a rushing TD tonight

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Gahhhh yeah it’s so drat tempting since I just need a floor of like 10 to be survivable. Stroud has been trending down in points in the last 3 games, and with Minkah out on the Steelers D, it’s easy to hype yourself up like what if??

Goff managed to get 22pts in ½ppr on the road against TB, but I have no idea how the rest of the Texans look comparatively

If you're prioritising a safer floor, I'd give Carr a look.

He's going to be good for a check down TD pass to Kamara and a 40 yard bomb to Shaheed at home to Da Bears.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

RCarr posted:

Will Levis will score a rushing TD tonight

Fine with this if Henry has the other three

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bumhead posted:

If you're prioritising a safer floor, I'd give Carr a look.

He's going to be good for a check down TD pass to Kamara and a 40 yard bomb to Shaheed at home to Da Bears.

Yeah he’s taken

Which is a bummer since I have Kamara, and am a big fan of double dipping QBs to WR1s (or RB1s lol)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Was offered this trade (.5PPR):

Get:
I Pacheco
J Waddle
A Cooper

Give:
AJ Brown
C Watson

Thoughts? I could definitely use some help at RB with Montgomery still injured and Pollard sucking, but man AJ Brown has been spectacular.

My other WRs and RBs of note:

DK Metcalf
C Olave
J Palmer
C Sutton
T Pollard
D Montgomery
K Herbert
D Henderson

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 2, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Was offered this trade:

Get:
I Pacheco
J Waddle
A Cooper

Give:
AJ Brown
C Watson

Thoughts? I could definitely use some help at RB with Montgomery still injured and Pollard sucking, but man AJ Brown has been spectacular.

My other WRs and RBs of note:

DK Metcalf
C Olave
J Palmer
C Sutton
T Pollard
D Montgomery
K Herbert
D Henderson

This does not feel like even close to enough of a haul for AJ Brown. Like I would start negotiations at an Etienne or Ekeler caliber RB plus another piece, not Pacheco

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Bellmaker posted:

Henderson is trending the wrong direction towards RBBC, with redzone work also going to Freeman.

Pollard at PHI sucks, but at least you can hope for more PPR and a long shot at a TD.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Docjowles posted:

This does not feel like even close to enough of a haul for AJ Brown. Like I would start negotiations at an Etienne or Ekeler caliber RB plus another piece, not Pacheco

Possibly counter-offer, same give, but get...

Waddle
Pacheco
Achane

Still seems not great since Achane won't play until week 11.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Possibly counter-offer, same give, but get...

Waddle
Pacheco
Achane

Still seems not great since Achane won't play until week 11.

This feels better but I still think I personally would rather get a rock solid stud back than 3 guys in a tier below that. You're buying a lot of uncertainty with Achane too.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

AnacondaHL posted:

Henderson is trending the wrong direction towards RBBC, with redzone work also going to Freeman.

Pollard at PHI sucks, but at least you can hope for more PPR and a long shot at a TD.

Yeah I know Pollard is gonna get the touches even if it’s 13 carries for 27 yards 🙃

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I have my own trade game theory question. My main home league lets you trade future picks. It's NOT dynasty, it's redraft with one keeper. As evidenced by my constant whining ITT, my team sucks rear end this year. I have zero shot at the championship and I kinda want to tank and reload for next season. My "best" asset is Davante Adams, and some people are mildly interested in Tyjae Spears off my bench (I got him from waivers so he is not eligible to be a keeper under our rules unfortunately).

The screwball is we have obnoxious real life penalties for coming in last place. I'm not in last place yet but trending in that direction. So I hesitate to fully blow it up because that nearly guarantees me a weekend of embarrassment come draft time.

So I see my options as:

1. Do nothing, hope the Raiders shakeup revives Adams from a WR80 to at least a respectable WR2 and I squeak out a few more wins. This eases my anxiety about finishing last but does nothing to help me next season.

2. Wait a week, hope Adams revives and his trade value improves. If I'm gonna sell him off I would love to get a 2024 2nd and I don't think I can get that coming off a literal 1 point performance

3. YOLO, fire sale everything before he has another dogshit game and his trade value becomes 0. Maybe get a 4th or something

Right now he's a mystery box and I truly don't know what to do with him. Leaning toward keeping him for one more week just to see.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Docjowles posted:

I have my own trade game theory question. My main home league lets you trade future picks. It's NOT dynasty, it's redraft with one keeper. As evidenced by my constant whining ITT, my team sucks rear end this year. I have zero shot at the championship and I kinda want to tank and reload for next season. My "best" asset is Davante Adams, and some people are mildly interested in Tyjae Spears off my bench (I got him from waivers so he is not eligible to be a keeper under our rules unfortunately).

The screwball is we have obnoxious real life penalties for coming in last place. I'm not in last place yet but trending in that direction. So I hesitate to fully blow it up because that nearly guarantees me a weekend of embarrassment come draft time.

So I see my options as:

1. Do nothing, hope the Raiders shakeup revives Adams from a WR80 to at least a respectable WR2 and I squeak out a few more wins. This eases my anxiety about finishing last but does nothing to help me next season.

2. Wait a week, hope Adams revives and his trade value improves. If I'm gonna sell him off I would love to get a 2024 2nd and I don't think I can get that coming off a literal 1 point performance

3. YOLO, fire sale everything before he has another dogshit game and his trade value becomes 0. Maybe get a 4th or something

Right now he's a mystery box and I truly don't know what to do with him. Leaning toward keeping him for one more week just to see.

Tank and post pictures of your punishment here

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Take the punishment. I’m still waiting for 2021’s loser to give me the stripper belt for coming in last in 2022.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

It just doesn't feel like he's a bellcow back. He's a perfect complement back.

Also where's all the Najee backers now? :sigh: What a waste of $38 auction dollars.

Drafted Najee in a dynasty startup this summer. Imagined he’d be an RB2 at the very worst.

I never imagined we would get whatever in the hell this Najee “variant” is.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

EconDad posted:

Drafted Najee in a dynasty startup this summer. Imagined he’d be an RB2 at the very worst.

I never imagined we would get whatever in the hell this Najee “variant” is.

I empathize with all my fellow Najee havers. I also bought into the 'new and improved' Steelers offense this year. It sucks.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I agree with Pollard chat, they're trying to put him into the Zeke role and it's not quite meshing. He's good but something isn't translating there. I'm starting him against Philly but my team is having a tough time so I don't have a choice.

Meanwhile...
https://x.com/NFL_Memes/status/1720151376498454766?s=20

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Player(s) have initiated a vote kick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I agree with Pollard chat, they're trying to put him into the Zeke role and it's not quite meshing. He's good but something isn't translating there. I'm starting him against Philly but my team is having a tough time so I don't have a choice.

Meanwhile...
https://x.com/NFL_Memes/status/1720151376498454766?s=20

That’s putting the “fantasy” into fantasy football :v: