Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
FEC model revamp? :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Possibly, but my big called shot is Ushoran is getting a model, because they’ve built up in Dawnbringer short fictions that the Carrion King is straining at his prison and Belthanos is going to go fight him and/or the Ossiarchs trying to keep him penned. And the Carrion King is Ushoran.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah, there have been way too many references to Ushoran lately for it to be an accident. There's also been a whole bunch of references to the "Summer King" and his wine which turns people into frenzied cannibals.

New Ghouls for FEC have also leaked (from someone dumpster diving at GW HQ no less and finding prototype sprues lmao).

Gonna guess we're gonna get Ushoran as a big centerpiece kinda guy for FEC in the last Dawnbringers book, which leads to a new FEC book (finally) which includes a whole bunch of revamped models.

Hopefully the new models include a bunch of calls to them being delusional Bretonnians. FEC has the coolest backstory of any faction and probably the most dire models. It'd be amazing to see what they could do with them.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Geisladisk posted:

Hopefully the new models include a bunch of calls to them being delusional Bretonnians. FEC has the coolest backstory of any faction and probably the most dire models. It'd be amazing to see what they could do with them.

I'd love a bunch of hosed up Brettonian ghouls for weird little guy conversions

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Fourth edition starter will be new Flesh Eater Courts vs new Skaven, calling it now.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I would dearly love to see that but I don't think it's happening. (Order faction here) vs skaven is my bet.

I think we're going to see a partial revamp of FEC along with their book at end of this edition, and maybe Malaketh elves as a new faction at launch if they decide to turn on the money faucet for 4.0.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Geisladisk posted:

Yeah, there have been way too many references to Ushoran lately for it to be an accident. There's also been a whole bunch of references to the "Summer King" and his wine which turns people into frenzied cannibals.

New Ghouls for FEC have also leaked (from someone dumpster diving at GW HQ no less and finding prototype sprues lmao).

Gonna guess we're gonna get Ushoran as a big centerpiece kinda guy for FEC in the last Dawnbringers book, which leads to a new FEC book (finally) which includes a whole bunch of revamped models.

It's literally just this with more gore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
We have the rules for the blacktalons in AOS and Warcry

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/11/01/put-the-blacktalons-to-work-hunting-down-foul-foes-with-free-downloadable-rules/

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

grassy gnoll posted:

I would dearly love to see that but I don't think it's happening. (Order faction here) vs skaven is my bet.

Even having a different order faction than SCE in the launch box would be a pretty big departure.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

Geisladisk posted:

Even having a different order faction than SCE in the launch box would be a pretty big departure.

True. I could see maybe Cities of Sigmar, but that's it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Geisladisk posted:

I can't imagine this ever happening at this point. GW is all in on the space marines even though nobody wants them to.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Any idea when the battleforces are likely to go up for preorder on Saturday UK time? I seem to remember usually around 10am GMT?

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

S.J. posted:

I can't imagine this ever happening at this point. GW is all in on the space marines even though nobody wants them to.

The reason they keep pushing them so hard is that they sell. However, Stormcast don't sell nearly as much as space marines as a proportion of total AOS sales. They are a pretty popular faction but nowhere near as disproportionately so as space marines are in 40k.

And, well, GW knows this at this point, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if the 4th ed starter would be something like COS for the order faction. Would be a good opportunity to flesh out the nu-COS range.

COS and Skaven is also a matchup that makes a ton of thematic sense.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Saying nobody wants space marines is very bizarre to me.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I for one as a stormcast players welcom all new stuff including starter sets. Only reason I didnt jump on Ionnus wagon is that I have enough stormdrake guard (with is a unit that constantly fails to deliver at least for me).

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I love my Stormcast, but absolutely don't want any more units. The book is way too bloated as it stands.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I love my Stormcast, but absolutely don't want any more units. The book is way too bloated as it stands.

I would be okay with maybe a few more actual units, particularly some sort of AoS Dreadnoght equivalent, but dear God stop making heroes

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Geisladisk posted:

The reason they keep pushing them so hard is that they sell. However, Stormcast don't sell nearly as much as space marines as a proportion of total AOS sales. They are a pretty popular faction but nowhere near as disproportionately so as space marines are in 40k.

And, well, GW knows this at this point, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if the 4th ed starter would be something like COS for the order faction. Would be a good opportunity to flesh out the nu-COS range.

Is there a faction where "fighting Skaven" doesn't make thematic sense? They could make a Horus Heresy/30k type game that was just different clans of skaven fighting each other and it would be thematically on point and i would buy it day one

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The stormcast range sens to suffer even more than the primaris marines in that if you aren’t in the know with their roster it’s just an endless parade of very similar dudes with nonsense names.

It’s gotta be Thunderstrike Hammerbounds instead of Stormcast Warriors w/Great Weapons

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I only got Ionnus to make an "oops, all dragons" list finally.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Some day I want to do a beasts focused list for the Stormcast.

It'll probably suck but I don't really care.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

MeinPanzer posted:

Any idea when the battleforces are likely to go up for preorder on Saturday UK time? I seem to remember usually around 10am GMT?

Just quoting in case anyone can answer?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

To quote a post from the 40k thread:

xtothez posted:

They sent out that email when UK pre-orders went up at 10am BST, but USA & Canada can't order until 10am PST.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
Perfect, thanks!

paperface
Apr 20, 2005

My name's paperface, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

The new Stormground RTS has redesigned Liberators in it, maybe they'll make it a do-over of the first edition starter with new sculpts for already-existing units?

Edit: I got the name wrong, it's called Realms of Ruin

paperface fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 2, 2023

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

paperface posted:

The new Stormground RTS has redesigned Liberators in it, maybe they'll make it a do-over of the first edition starter with new sculpts for already-existing units?

This the rumor my Stormcast buddy is running with. A bunch of the first-gen stormcast getting redone and some kind of Skaven refresh (I’m hoping for new Eshin and Rat Ogors) are the 4ed starter box.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Is there a faction where "fighting Skaven" doesn't make thematic sense? They could make a Horus Heresy/30k type game that was just different clans of skaven fighting each other and it would be thematically on point and i would buy it day one

Well yeah but COS seems extra appropriate, what with Skaven living under cities

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

GW is famous for tying in hype from their licensed games to their model and game release schedule, I said in the Age of Sigmar thread.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

paperface posted:

This I could get behind.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
That's almost certainly what will be in the 4th Ed launch box I reckon

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I would absolutely love a second pass at the first generation stormcast stuff to bring them in line with the thunder strike armor guys. Especially the prosecutors, liberators and judicators.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

As a SCE player, I would be delighted if every model and profile from before 3.0 was fired into the sun. If SCE are supposed to be the onboarding, for-your-little-bother faction, they're terrible at it, and they're too scattered and tied down by legacy rules to be a good match for experienced players.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

JBP posted:

Saying nobody wants space marines is very bizarre to me.

I didn't say that, so

Geisladisk posted:

I'm aware, I sell plenty of them. But they feel way over done to the obvious detriment of other factions releases at this point and even Stormcast players seem really annoyed at how many of their units are pointless or uninteresting from what I've personally observed. I'd love to be wrong and have something other than SCE in a starter though

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

S.J. posted:

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Space marines are lame as poo poo.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
A space marine did the website redesign

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Faction that makes more than every other GW range combined, ever: no one wants these

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Faction that makes more than every other GW range combined, ever: no one wants these

They already have them!! Space Marines are already a thing!!!

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Friend and I attempted our first actual full A0S game last night. We only managed a couple of rounds before it got late and we called it quits, but it was still a good time. Looking at rules today we missed a lot of stuff, but that's ok.
Couple of questions about the General's Handbook. It says any terrain piece that doesn't have a warscroll is supposed to get a roll on the mysterious terrain table. So everything on the table gets an extra rule? That seems like a pain to keep track of.
Also, we can only choose Grand Strategies and Battle Tactics from the GHB right? No using the ones in your army book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

You could do the terrain rules, but they suck and they're an even bigger pain in the rear end than you guessed. I don't think I've played with them beyond the one time.

You can take strats and tactics from both the GHB and your army book, unless you're playing an Army of Renown. This season, that'd really only be the specialty armies out of the Dawnbringers books. Your army may also get some freebie battle tactics and strats to try to juice their rankings from the FAQs, so check those out at some point as well.

This is kind of a trick question: how many enhancements did you take?