Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

the place i just moved into is a 5 min drive from my local costco :cheers:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
My tires have arrived at Costco. Thankfully I made an appointment (for next Thu) right away when I ordered them last week as the earliest appointment right now is Nov 29.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zero VGS posted:

"I don't like ON because it has ace K which I don't know what that is but someone on TV said it's bad so here's one with Stevia someone on TV said it's good"

If you try to say Stevia tastes better then you're a liar on top of being gullible

Sorry but I'm very angry when goon gains are sabotaged by bro science!

Hey I’d rather use unsweetened / unflavored but he did ask for it at Costco. Gains are neither created nor destroyed by swapping out acesulfame K for another.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

SirPablo posted:

My tires have arrived at Costco. Thankfully I made an appointment (for next Thu) right away when I ordered them last week as the earliest appointment right now is Nov 29.

When I had to order some the local costco called when they came in and begged me to come in earlier than the original scheduling from the online system. Just call the local up and tell them yours have arrived and ask if they want you to come have them installed before the 29th.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

schreibs posted:

When I had to order some the local costco called when they came in and begged me to come in earlier than the original scheduling from the online system. Just call the local up and tell them yours have arrived and ask if they want you to come have them installed before the 29th.

I'm scheduled for the 9th. I know they will take walk-ins if they have capacity, but I'm fine waiting a week. Pity the bastards that need to wait a month.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
PBUC, had a blessed visit. Bombay is $6 off per bottle if you buy two.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
u cop a pink toilet bro?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

jisforjosh posted:

I live in one of the fattest cities in America (nearly 45% obesity rate and 26% are diabetic) and we've got small and medium :shrug:

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Chinatown posted:

u cop a pink toilet bro?

Yes I have a toddler. Didn't get the toddler potty at the church though....

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lol, excellent

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Hed posted:

Gains are neither created nor destroyed by swapping out acesulfame K for another.

Yes, but, ON is made by a huge dairy corporation and they tend to always offer the most whey isolate for the dollar through sheer economy of scale.

There was a time when goons used a bunch of off-brands including the Too Good To Be True "American Pure Whey", when one goon with an actual science lab with spectrum analyzers and bovine protein assays tested them out and found APW was like 90% dextrose and starch. ON always checked out when other brands were dicey.

If you get something besides the ON at Costco, you're either overpaying, getting more concentrate vs isolate (or casein, in the case of the pre-mixed shakes) or straight up shafted by brands that are incentivized to send one real tub to a lab and then start sneaking less protein into them over time. Like my pot dealer friend who kept selling lighter and lighter bags until he got the poo poo beat out of him.

if you're putting in the effort then I wouldn't risk it just to avoid some imagined issue with ace K. There's nothing to say Stevia isn't more dangerous. The FDA (and the EU version of it) said it's safe and that should be good enough. It's like that one day 10 years ago where everyone in my whole office decided aspartame was harmful (to anyone besides the rare phenylketonuric obviously). It's the same nonsense that makes people think they can decide vaccines are harmful.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Went to Costco two days ago, Got a meatloaf because my family wanted to be lazy on actually cooking

just finished it because thats a lot of meatloaf for one meal.

Also got some Sunchips in a bag larger than a small child. I think I could have fit my nephew into the bag with room to spare.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

My wife can almost never buy clothes at Costco because she wears XS, and in-store they usually don't go that small.

Costco online has XS's though.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Ravendas posted:

My wife can almost never buy clothes at Costco because she wears XS, and in-store they usually don't go that small.

I have the same problem, they never seem to have 6XL in stock

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Lmao

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ravendas posted:

Nice humble brag about your tiny wife

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Zero VGS posted:

There was a time when goons used a bunch of off-brands including the Too Good To Be True "American Pure Whey", when one goon with an actual science lab with spectrum analyzers and bovine protein assays tested them out and found APW was like 90% dextrose and starch. ON always checked out when other brands were dicey.

I remember that in YLLS or whatever it was at the time. A bunch of goons were praising the American Pure Whey as being the best tasting powder they've ever had. So good that it drew suspicion and then that one goon with all of the neat lab results confirming it really was too good to be true. I forgot what happened to the company.

I did a quick google search and found that they still have a (funny) website, but the second link was this...

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ednc/pr/raleigh-business-owner-charged-defrauding-protein-powder-consumers

Raleigh Business Owner Charged with Defrauding Protein Powder Consumers

edit: lol another article

American Pure Whey Owner Charged with PPP Loan Fraud

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
I've noticed in the downtown Vancouver, BC Costco it is generally the XL and up that are on clearance, but when I go across the border to the Bellingham, WA location it's the S and M sizes that they are clearing out.

I was thinking this might reveal some Canada/US difference, but then I remembered that the customer base of the Bellingham Costco is heavily older heavy Canadians crossing the border to save $5 on tank of gas, so we have to take some credit for snapping up big sizes too.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
What are premade thanksgiving sides I can get at Costco? I can only think of bread and mashed potatoes.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

n8r posted:

What are premade thanksgiving sides I can get at Costco? I can only think of bread and mashed potatoes.

Mac and Cheese! Also a lot of stuff that I'd consider for thanksgiving apps, like shrimp cocktail, meats and cheese (premade rolled up), and just like cheese and dips and stuff.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I remember that in YLLS or whatever it was at the time. A bunch of goons were praising the American Pure Whey as being the best tasting powder they've ever had. So good that it drew suspicion and then that one goon with all of the neat lab results confirming it really was too good to be true. I forgot what happened to the company.

I did a quick google search and found that they still have a (funny) website, but the second link was this...

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ednc/pr/raleigh-business-owner-charged-defrauding-protein-powder-consumers

Raleigh Business Owner Charged with Defrauding Protein Powder Consumers

edit: lol another article

American Pure Whey Owner Charged with PPP Loan Fraud

I was one of those goons who bought a few tubs (got my money refunded from Google Wallet after the mass complaints). Glad to see that guy is well and truly hosed. Who knows what was actually in that stuff; it wasn't Pure, it wasn't Whey, and now I'm seeing the guy wasn't even American lol. He was only caught because he was really brazen about how little protein he put in it, but I'm sure all sorts still skim 5 or 10% less than claimed and pocket the savings.

The other problem is protein powder is a supplement, so the FDA labeling and testing is just way less stringent than food. ON isn't that much pricier (I think it might be less per gram of protein than the Ascent?) and you'll have the peace of mind.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

quote:

For example, the 100% Whey Protein Isolate, cake batter flavor, purchased in December 2018, contained only ten grams of protein when the label declared 29 grams per serving. Further, there was 27 grams of carbohydrates when the label represented just 1.58 grams per serving.

lol

Zero VGS posted:

it wasn't Pure, it wasn't Whey, and now I'm seeing the guy wasn't even American lol.

lol

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

So the FDA sent him warnings in 2016 - in 2019 he was indicted - was still open in 2020 to claim PPP - when is he getting hosed? Truly he is American to have no consequences for your actions as business owner.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

schreibs posted:

So the FDA sent him warnings in 2016 - in 2019 he was indicted - was still open in 2020 to claim PPP - when is he getting hosed? Truly he is American to have no consequences for your actions as business owner.

Sounds like he fled back to India and they seized all his US property. They do have extradition too, so depending on how pissed Uncle Sam is I guess we'll see.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Zero VGS posted:

I was one of those goons who bought a few tubs (got my money refunded from Google Wallet after the mass complaints). Glad to see that guy is well and truly hosed. Who knows what was actually in that stuff; it wasn't Pure, it wasn't Whey, and now I'm seeing the guy wasn't even American lol.

This reminds me of my HS history teachers it wasn’t holy it wasn’t Roman and it wasn’t an empire RIP mr Schroeder i assume you’re dead because you were pretty loving old even back then

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

This reminds me of my HS history teachers it wasn’t holy it wasn’t Roman and it wasn’t an empire RIP mr Schroeder i assume you’re dead because you were pretty loving old even back then

Was your history teacher Voltaire?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Stay tuned for tomorrow I’m working on a duo of pork since Costco always puts two shoulders in each package

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Stay tuned for tomorrow I’m working on a duo of pork since Costco always puts two shoulders in each package

oh no :ohdear:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i'm scared for the knife

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
bird with big knife

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

You can make a lot of hosed up sausage with that much pork butt. Remember to partially freeze your meat before you grind, Bird.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Was this her?

discuss!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
^^^ an entire other page of replies, who knew

Big Mac posted:

Was your history teacher Voltaire?

Or watched SNL circa 1993

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

I’m sorry I caused a protein powder argument but I actually ended up getting the Orgain chocolate because 1) the pea protein is said to have an earthier flavor that should go just fine with my spinach and almond milk and flax smoothies I make in the morning and 2) i remembered on my way to the store that the last time I tried whey protein powder I broke out like crazy and got the shits.

Anyway, also got some Grillo’s pickles and a little goat cheese salad kit to have for dinner tonight. PBUC

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

I’m sorry I caused a protein powder argument but I actually ended up getting the Orgain chocolate because 1) the pea protein is said to have an earthier flavor that should go just fine with my spinach and almond milk and flax smoothies I make in the morning and 2) i remembered on my way to the store that the last time I tried whey protein powder I broke out like crazy and got the shits.

Anyway, also got some Grillo’s pickles and a little goat cheese salad kit to have for dinner tonight. PBUC

I'm glad you did as I learned a lot about protein powder and I'll continue having the Optimum Nutrition stuff. I quite like it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
No arguing here! And it brought up a funny old goon story too!

Enjoy your... uh, chocolate spinach smoothie. :)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That orgain powder is so loving gross

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Gaius Marius posted:

That orgain powder is so loving gross

Last year for a gift exchange I got a big tub of Pumpkin Spice flavored mix and I really wish I knew who had it as I want to try it still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dick Fontaine posted:

not gonna recommend the green chili cheddar queso. it reminds one of pimento cheese and easy-melt style queso dip, but it is inferior to both. one of those weird foods that makes you wish you were eating something else

speaking of

does anyone know if costco has pimento