Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Our Boys in WW2 fought for our freedoms so why can't I be a gimp? Is that not what the poppy symbolises?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You must be able to get a poppy gimp suit and writhe around patriotically to show respect for the dead.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

IMO he’s really pulling this look off and they should hire him to pose for all local news photographs from now on; gimp pointing angrily at potholes, gimp with arms folded scowling at pizza with meagre portions of pepperoni, etc.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Kids these days, don't even do penny for the gimp anymore

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

DesperateDan posted:

don't even drink properly anymore but would take the silver foil bag out of one of those boxes, declare it spacewine and myself a space pirate, get fuckin' pissed and commence to raid the medway in a loving heartbeat
Fond memories of filling a CamelBak with wine at a festival for drink-on-the-go raving. It was warm and foul but got the job done 👍🏻

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
read that as drink-on-the-go roving and reminded of

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

TACD posted:

Fond memories of filling a CamelBak with wine at a festival for drink-on-the-go raving. It was warm and foul but got the job done 👍🏻

In elon's rishi endorsed AI job free future under prime drunk starmer this will be the entirely voluntary office environment.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBorrPubFe4

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I'm glad to learn that the Waitrose equivalent of a 2L bottle of cider exists.

I'm not an alcoholic, 'cos I'm knocking back the poison in a big wine glass and it's from a posh shop, unlike you hopeless plebs with your cheap garbage poured into a medley of glasses nicked from pubs.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
*Walks heavily to the fridge and cracks open another bottle of screw-top white wine*

*Returns to the sofa and passes out, waking up at 3am with the now room temperature glass of wine still stoically waiting for me *

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My mum puts ice cubes in her wine.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i do that

if the box hasnt chilled yet

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i was in wren kitchens earlier trying to design ym kitchen and the guy put a narrow wine chiller in and was like 6 bottles!

i looked at him in disgust and said where do the boxes go?

needless to say I'll be building my own kitchen

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Red wine is better anyway

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

bit embarrassing that you dont know red wine goes in the fridge

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Country Medium White 3l but if they only have Country Dry grab a bag of sugar on the way out.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

These new Nirvana remixes are confusing.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

A Mirror Voldo match from the new UK Soul Calibre game, I see.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

crispix posted:

read that as drink-on-the-go roving and reminded of

Let's go bonk some heads!

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Just got back from Montreal and, well, this exists for some reason

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

he's the best prime minister in my lifetime and need I remind you I was born in the 80s

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The best part about the Somerset Gimp is that he told the arresting officers “I’m not a gimp, I don’t own a gimp suit, I’m not in a gimp suit" then the cops immediately found all his gimp suits and the self-insert fiction he'd written about wearing a gimp suit and becoming the Somerset Gimp

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Circumstantial, innit ? Those could belong to anybody

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK

I know it's the wrong gimp, it was just a CIF pose

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
please replace all guardian commentator's profile pics with mr gimp there

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

what if adrian chiles was actually the gimp

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jakabite posted:

The bag can be blown up and used as a pillow afterwards too.

Considerate Gimp Tips

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
How did this:

gimp1
/ɡɪmp/
noun
twisted silk, worsted, or cotton with cord or wire running through it, used chiefly as upholstery trimming.
fishing line made of silk bound with wire.

Ah, I see, "You can see the thread up close here. You can see that it is a twisted thread, with the typical rope-like structure of a twisted thread."
I think they've been lurking ITT.

(source: https://www.needlenthread.com/2012/11/thread-talk-silk-gimp-vs-silk-gimp.html)

Become

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think gimp has been in use to mean a rubber suit person for significantly longer than I've been alive, possibly even longer than you've been alive given how long terminology can stay underground, but I don't know why it means that.

Of course, to me it primarily means GNU Image Manipulation Program :goonsay:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

OwlFancier posted:

I think gimp has been in use to mean a rubber suit person for significantly longer than I've been alive, possibly even longer than you've been alive given how long terminology can stay underground, but I don't know why it means that.

Of course, to me it primarily means GNU Image Manipulation Program :goonsay:

Oh yes I knew what a gimp suit was (indeed a friend and I visited one of those shops in Soho once and passed further & further into the back behind ever more curtains confronted with more & more scary gear) I was just wondering how the name of a particular silk thread became the name of a rubber (or vinyl whatever) suit.

I/P - no photos just a political thing

Meanwhile in "humanitarian pause" land - this is how it is being 'sold' behind the scenes in the US & almost certainly behind the scenes to the diabolical Sunak & Starmer duo.
Meanwhile ceasefire is being sold as a means of hamas regrouping.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 4, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"humanitarian pause" is an incredible term because it immediately invites the suggestion that we should resume the inhumanity as soon as possible.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Tesseraction posted:

he's the best prime minister in my lifetime and need I remind you I was born in the 80s

Pretty sure he was the best in my lifetime, and I'm from the 60s so I'm obviously right.

Not sure why he has a building in Montreal. It's a bit weird frankly.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Le Gordon Brown presumably sells a range of knock-off cookware.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It's actually pronounced Jimp.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Pistol_Pete posted:

*Walks heavily to the fridge and cracks open another bottle of screw-top white wine*

*Returns to the sofa and passes out, waking up at 3am with the now room temperature glass of wine still stoically waiting for me *

Feeling uncomfortably seen

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i was in wren kitchens earlier trying to design ym kitchen and the guy put a narrow wine chiller in and was like 6 bottles!

i looked at him in disgust and said where do the boxes go?

needless to say I'll be building my own kitchen

I had Wren design the kitchen in my old flat, and they sent a guy round who spend two hours on his laptop modelling out everything.

I then spent more than 3 weeks hassling them to try and get a start date for the work, before I gave up, sent the plans to a local guy and he built it for 2/3 the price.

It had that same vertical wine cooler.

That’s my Wren story.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
You know what they call Gordon Brown in Montreal?

Le Gordon Brown.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Unkempt posted:

Pretty sure he was the best in my lifetime, and I'm from the 60s so I'm obviously right.

Not sure why he has a building in Montreal. It's a bit weird frankly.

I'd take Harold Wilson over Brown myself, in the fantasy ranking of PMs

Although unfortunately a prerequisite of being a political leader is being a oval office so it doesn't really matter, they all suck.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

OwlFancier posted:

Is a gimp defined by the suit? Is a naked gimp still a gimp? Conversely, does anybody wearing the suit inevitably become a gimp? It’s basically The Mask rules?

Much to consider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Atleast Wilson told Johnson to go gently caress himself re: Nam