Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
seeing the massive turnouts for Palestine warms my heart. I wish I could have gone so instead I threw some money at the PCRF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

Isentropy posted:

jerkposting (I guess), but I was surprised to see our usually pretty conservative Jamaican national paper (the Observer) calling for recalling our UN ambassador because he abstained from the ceasefire vote instead of voting with it. Also saw people back home marching for Palestine :)

if I had to guess why it would be not just human dignity and morality, but the fact that people here have had experiences with Israeli tourism

There's a significant disruption going on in the right wing media sphere right now, because there's a bunch of them turning against Israel because they can't stand all the child killing. It's one of those contradictions in their professed politics (save the kids) that's impossible for them to ignore. Obviously Zionists still hold sway over establishment right wing media, but Israel is doing irreparable harm to their reputation in what would've otherwise been their typical right wing allies.

The only alternative is to embrace the "Pallywood" conspiracy that Palestinians are faking it, and all those dead kids aren't real.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

(also, why is nuke-posting considered burger-posting? as a non-american i don't get it)

It's so ill-defined, it can be whatever people want it to be.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Entorwellian posted:

it’s burger people imagining ways the suffering of palestine will affect them personally

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Entorwellian posted:

“ill-defined”

idk “nuke chat” is chat about nukes, seems clearly defined to me

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

A high-ranking source in the Quds Force of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard confirmed yesterday that the Hamas leadership informed Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian that it had received a request from the Americans to conduct secret negotiations on the conditions for ending the Gaza war, coinciding with US President Joe Biden’s call to “ A humanitarian truce,” and US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken pushed in this direction during his visit to the region.

No Hamas, don't trust the Americans. They cannot be trusted.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Karach posted:

Nothing in particular, just hadn't read anything about it in the thread.

no ones going to post videos of artillery strikes

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

at the risk of getting zapped for... bratwurst posting, but on the topic of infantry support and Hitler 1:

the German military in 1939 was not particularly competent nor particularly well-trained, and even they didn't get combined arms tactics right when they first tried to apply the concepts; the Poles were simply worse and outnumbered

What books are you reading to get real world accounts of WWII tactics? Now I am kind of interested.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The only alternative is to embrace the "Pallywood" conspiracy that Palestinians are faking it, and all those dead kids aren't real.

But they can't do that because the Israeli narrative is that the dead kids are real and that is good and also Hamas' fault

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
CNN is relentless with the propaganda. This morning they showed a protest demanding a ceasefire with the bottom caption reading "hate incidents spike on college campuses". It's so loving cynical.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
je suis le fizz

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Any other countries media covering the world wide pro Palestine protests like this? Like, is Indonesia media trying to paint Israel in a good light?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Raccooon posted:

What books are you reading to get real world accounts of WWII tactics? Now I am kind of interested.

this one specifically is from "The Myth and Reality of German Warfare", by Gerhard Gross

I'd also recommend anything by Robert Citino and David Stahel

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

VoicesCanBe posted:

CNN is relentless with the propaganda. This morning they showed a protest demanding a ceasefire with the bottom caption reading "hate incidents spike on college campuses". It's so loving cynical.

we are investigating a recent hate incident on campus involving a group of students creating a hate name with the word fart in it in reference to another student

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 34 minutes!

Gripweed posted:

what the heck why is Fizzy on the shoot on sight list?

because he wont stop posting dnd poo poo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

https://twitter.com/IsraelinUSA/status/1720855393671262451?s=20

:qq:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Spoondick posted:

we are investigating a recent hate incident on campus involving a group of students creating a hate name with the word fart in it in reference to another student

Concerning! Looking into it…

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
i think its now important for the palestinians to put an end to this disgusting fat old traitor, hes the Petain of Palestine

AFP: Abbas links the return of the Palestinian Authority to the Gaza Strip to a comprehensive political solution

https://x.com/ajabreaking/status/1721142692552364080?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

I used to live down the street from the Chinese consulate in my city, and there’d always be a crowd of lunatic Falun Gong cultists protesting outside and making unhinged accusations. The diplomats ignored it because they were diplomats and did not care what these people said, not whiny children.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
so the israeli army is just like setting up the perimeter for the next construction zones/israeli neighborhoods, right?

like when my cat is sitting in my spot on the couch and to "be nice" i just start slowly sitting on him with my fat rear end until he moves

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

DancingShade posted:

Has Israel demanded the USA and India send tourists immediately to save its domestic consumer economy? If not yet that must be the next step.

they're gonna conscript the birthright kids

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

found the school

https://files.catbox.moe/8xbaqa.mp4

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
someone should start the rumor there are Hamas tunnels under Netanyahu’s house

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Iran is back with the big boy words

https://twitter.com/ashtiyani_ir/status/1721110318489698626

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al-Saqr posted:

The Iranian source revealed that Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Ali Bagheri Kani, who recently visited Moscow, was able to obtain Russian approval to deliver to Hezbollah missiles and torpedoes that could harm American ships, adding that Bagheri Kani personally convinced Putin that he could, through this matter, retaliate for sinking Russian warships in the Black Sea via Ukraine with American weapons.

He stated that the Russians stipulated that members of their military intelligence supervise the storage places of these weapons and that they be returned to the Russian forces in Syria if they are not used, and that they not be used in confrontations with Israel, because Moscow and Tel Aviv have valid non-aggression agreements.

lol

Me sewing, me reaping etc.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

talk is cheap

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

please add translation

===

Our advice to the Americans is to immediately stop the war and implement a ceasefire, otherwise you will be hit hard.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009
Probation

Al-Saqr posted:

i think its now important for the palestinians to put an end to this disgusting fat old traitor, hes the Petain of Palestine

AFP: Abbas links the return of the Palestinian Authority to the Gaza Strip to a comprehensive political solution

https://x.com/ajabreaking/status/1721142692552364080?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

nobody cares what this loser says at this point

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Al-Saqr posted:

from an israeli perspective this is honestly the perfect solution, it lets them declare victory, installs an illegitimate vichy government in Gaza that they can topple at any time because it will have no popular support, and forces collaborationist PA forces to fight, and take the brunt of, the inevitable insurgency. they won’t ever do it, though, because they’re so insanely racist they can’t stand the idea of any Palestinians anywhere having authority, even over other Palestinians, even if the authority is a puppet government slavishly loyal to Israel.

israel really is loving this up in so many different ways. hitting-on-a-20-rear end country

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009
Probation
the pa has literally no power or influence anywhere theres constant fighting in the west bank alone if those worthless turds had not disarmed the west bank could fight back even more

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Raccooon posted:

Come to the WW2 and Ukraine threads, we have such sights to show you

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

from an israeli perspective this is honestly the perfect solution, it lets them declare victory, installs an illegitimate vichy government in Gaza that they can topple at any time because it will have no popular support, and forces collaborationist PA forces to fight, and take the brunt of, the inevitable insurgency. they won’t ever do it, though, because they’re so insanely racist they can’t stand the idea of any Palestinians anywhere having authority, even over other Palestinians, even if the authority is a puppet government slavishly loyal to Israel.

israel really is loving this up in so many different ways. hitting-on-a-20-rear end country

That leaked report stressed this is one of the worst outcomes for Israel because it makes Palestinian statehood inevitable.

Even a puppet state is too threatening for them.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

that account's banner:

not if bibi has anything to say about it

speng31b
May 8, 2010

typically it is a good idea not to kill your own hostages smdh israel

speng31b has issued a correction as of 15:31 on Nov 5, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hadji murad posted:

je suis le fizz

Moi aussi

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/fnaim65/status/1721089296029843880

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Any other countries media covering the world wide pro Palestine protests like this? Like, is Indonesia media trying to paint Israel in a good light?

At least in Latin America it depends on the channel/newspaper/whatever you're consuming. The (popular) media is a lot more fragmented than in the US.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

drat the 1 in 10 dentists thing just got way more psycho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Obviously it's all very sad, but the amount of rinky dink accidents in the IDF is at least a little amusing

IDF officer crushed to death by falling container at base in south: Logistics officer named as Lidar Peretz, 21; another soldier lightly hurt in apparent work accident at Tzeelim training facility

An Israel Defense Forces officer was killed Thursday morning after being crushed by a falling container in an apparent work accident at an army base in southern Israel.

In a statement, the IDF confirmed that the female officer was declared dead at the scene and a male soldier was lightly hurt “by a heavy object” at the Tzeelim training facility in the Negev desert.

Peretz, who served as a logistics officer in the 7th Armored Brigade, was posthumously promoted to the rank of captain.

Details surrounding the circumstances of the apparent accident were not immediately clear, including what led the container to fall and crush the officer.