Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Pain of Mind posted:

Terrible dog news

loving hell man I’m sorry. It’s hard enough losing a pet when it’s planned. Sorry sorry.

Well this is a terrible way to start the page, so let’s bring in some good news.

shirts and skins posted:

Satan page lining up with the end of daylight savings is appropriate. the kids have been up since 4:45.

on the plus side I got a court order the other day declaring me female with my chosen name, so I've got that going for me, which is nice

Congrats! This thread’s lady population just went up like 33%. Fastest growing thread among ladies in the whole forums. Progress!

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Nov 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Pain of Mind posted:

I kind of feel like we let her down, we made a vet appointment last week but the appointment was still next week.

You didn't. I promise you didn't. I'm so sorry about it

LeeMajors posted:

These boomer grandmas, man.

Trump poo poo, religious poo poo, or bad parenting poo poo?

shirts and skins posted:

on the plus side I got a court order the other day declaring me female with my chosen name, so I've got that going for me, which is nice

SSA doesn't require anything anymore to change it. Tell them which gender you want and they change it.

GD_American fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Nov 5, 2023

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yep, I'm calling my local SSA office Monday to set up an appointment for a new card, and have a DMV appointment on Tuesday.

I haven't been so excited for the DMV since I was 16

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

LeeMajors posted:

:lol: My mother in law officially nuked our relationship last night so I guess I have that awkwardness to look forward to for the next 20 years. Although she very substantially damaged her relationship with my wife as well.

My Mother in Law is a genuinely nice and chill lady. This is something I wake up thankful for everyday.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

GD_American posted:

Trump poo poo, religious poo poo, or bad parenting poo poo?

Bad parent stuff. She’s just an insecure dipshit who accused me of being a bully because I don’t wait on her hand and foot and because I don’t take her advice on everything. Literally.

Like had a catalog of times that I didn’t offer to buy her a coffee when we were out and about or traveling, or offer to get her a drink when I’m up.

Nevermind the literal hundreds of meals I’ve made for her and how little she’s contributed to family gatherings and poo poo. Or clothes of mine she’s borrowed when she’s cold. Ugh.

Which is all fine but we’ve had what I thought was a good relationship until this year, but she made a dumb mistake and left our daughter with her roommate without telling when she was visiting earlier this year. A roommate we don’t know or trust and would not have been ok with keeping our kid. Then had never taken responsibility or apologized and keeps blaming us for “overreacting.”

We’ve seen her 4 times in the past 13 days, but she hit my wife with a text wall about the dissolution of her relationship and how we don’t care about her and how we disregard her and all this sad brain poo poo.

My wife is pretty furious and I think no- or low-contact is a real possibility. Which really sucks.

Anyway it’s all dumb and lame and I hate it.

Just pure narcissism. Blames us for not cultivating her relationship with her granddaughter even though she gets tons of exposure but squanders it loving off on her phone or making phone calls.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Nov 5, 2023

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

shirts and skins posted:

Yep, I'm calling my local SSA office Monday to set up an appointment for a new card, and have a DMV appointment on Tuesday.

Oh, I did that earlier this year for the same reasons. Congrats! It's an amazing feeling.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Pain of Mind posted:

Phew, safe at 5'10".

I am not sure if it was because I was feeling kind of off from getting my covid/flu shots yesterday, or my 15 year old dog dying yesterday, but I felt a combination of both groggy and wired and ended up sleeping until ... 2:30am, though to be fair it was really 3:30am so getting 3.5 hours of sleep is much better than 2.5 hours.

My dog's health had been slowly deteriorating for the last month or so, I took her out for her rabies shot last saturday since we needed it for her registration (though I did ask if they had a planned non-operation like they do for car registration and they said no) and physically she seemed ok, but she seemed mentally gone, was getting lost in the house or yard as if she was blind/deaf/senile. Then yesterday night right before bed my wife found her laying in a weird spot and weirdly shaky, like she would lift her head but it would be really jerky movements. She was not really moving and was covered with pee, so my wife put her in the bath while I got dressed to bring her to a 24 hour vet. She died in the bathtub about 5 minutes later. I am not sure if she waited for us to find her or if we would have just found her dead if we went to bed a few minutes later. I kind of feel like we let her down, we made a vet appointment last week but the appointment was still next week. She probably would have been put down, but at least she would not have been in pain vs whatever she felt dying naturally. I had never had a pet die at home, so I was not sure what the protocol was (though my 4 year old did helpfully suggest either feeding her to the cats, putting her in the trash, or bringing her to the dump). I ended up putting her in a basket and bringing her to the 24 hour vet I was looking up. It was kind of odd, they are not our normal vet and they still asked the same generic "new patient" questions. Is she spayed, what her color is etc. while she is on the counter dead in a basket (though wrapped in a towel).

Bad news. Sucks dude. :(

shirts and skins posted:

Good news! That's great!

Neutral news: It was my Sunday to wake up with the kiddo and I had my alarm set to 6:30, and would have gotten the extra hour, but my wife woke me up early because she had gotten up to use the bathroom and saw I was still asleep when I shouldn't have been according to her unadjusted clock. :mad:

Made a breakfast pizza for all of us. Multigrain crust with eggs, colby/cheddar cheese, sausage and tomatoes. It was okay.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Page 667, hail Santa :sassargh:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

This page is actually more satanic because it's 666.66

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/chesthairalert/status/1720908056601518250?t=CF39tFQHugAQKlbHvcTOAA&s=19

Every behind the band stuff regarding The Beatles is some of the funniest poo poo.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

just found out my brother is dying from Covid i'm shattered

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

kiimo posted:

Ugh poo poo sorry man. What a bad news page.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo. Is he in the hospital right now? What’s the story? That’s scary as hell. I’m so sorry.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

On a ventilator, heart stopped for 15 minutes they have already given him the max adrenaline and used the paddles and can't again and his blood pressure is dropping 74/46 or something like that

First sibling to die if he does, only 58

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

loving hell man I’m sorry.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
That's awful. I'm so so sorry Kiimo.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

kiimo posted:

On a ventilator, heart stopped for 15 minutes they have already given him the max adrenaline and used the paddles and can't again and his blood pressure is dropping 74/46 or something like that

Ugh sorry man. That’s dire.

Covid is a bitch.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
That's so terrible, I'm so sorry kiimo.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Sorry kiimo. Godspeed.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Sorry Kiimo, I’m not to close with my brothers but can’t imagine losing one

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

kiimo posted:

poo poo dude, that’s horrible. I’m sorry.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

LeeMajors posted:

These boomer grandmas, man.

It's pretty wild how having your own kid(s) reframes your understanding of the other parents in your life. My wife has done a (long overdue IMO) 180 on her mother in the year and a half since we had our son, especially in light of the recent troubles around my wife's brother.

kiimo posted:

What the gently caress is up with these last couple of pages, Goddamn. Condolences all around.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh poo poo, that's awful Kiimo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

yeah I don't even know if there's a chance for him to recover but I haven't heard anything and I don't know if no news is good news but this silence is just brutal

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I can't imagine the pain. So sorry.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
so sorry, Pain of Mind and kiimo

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

kiimo posted:

That's awful Kiimo, I'm sorry. :(

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Condolences. That's terrible.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They have shocked him five times and he's unresponsive. They're telling us to find a funeral home.

Sorry to be a downer but it's been like a long time since I've been to a funeral. I'm wondering if he passes today when it will be. This sucks.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kiimo posted:

They have shocked him five times and he's unresponsive. They're telling us to find a funeral home.

Sorry to be a downer but it's been like a long time since I've been to a funeral. I'm wondering if he passes today when it will be. This sucks.

Jesus, I'm so sorry to hear this.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

kiimo posted:

Sorry to be a downer

Don’t be. We are here to listen. Sorry you’re going through this :(

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So sorry Pain of Mind and Kiimo. :(

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Edit: Oh god, I'm sorry Kiimo

The Big Jesus posted:

5’11” is a liars height.

It's funny, my whole adult life I thought I was 5'10 until a couple years back I got a physical and they said I was 5'11. My first thought was "awesome, now I can lie and say I'm 6'0 and it be sorta believable!"

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 5, 2023

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Really sorry to hear this terrible news Kiimo and Pain of Mind. Life can suck so bad sometimes

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s always scary to be reminded how fragile and finite life usb

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I really like in invincible s2 that the opening is basically. what if Mark saw sense and joined the right cause.
C'mon lol

General Dog posted:

If none of our political elite on either side of the aisle under 70 has been able to seize the levers of power from the meemaws and peepaws currently clinging them with their feeble grasp, I’m forced to assume they’re all dogshit garbage.
Why do you think that is

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Amy Pole Her posted:

It’s always scary to be reminded how fragile and finite life usb

Especially when you can’t figure out which way to plug it in

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfHzzy6T9to

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Oh my god, there's a third JFK JR.
https://twitter.com/2022_Karma/status/1721256460456435750?s=20

Although, in small fairness the first two never publicly claim they are JFK JR, they just wink and nod when other people suggest they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Silly Burrito posted:

Lmao what an autocorrect