Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Leperflesh posted:

the meme generator I found wouldn't let me change the box labels
The Internet is a dungeon and Google is the poorly laid out loot table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Disneyland literally has an extensive network of underground tunnels. You can book tours of them.

Pedant alert: Walt Disney World. Walt didn’t realize how useful they’d be until he had some experience under his belt.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Disneyworld really is the og supervillain lair.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I used Disney as a dungeon for an insane child-loving (in a genuine way, not the creepy way) lich that was infested with rat-men the lich considered his sons. It was a really good adventure, I had Tomorrowland and the Animal Kingdom and all the classic Disney properties hosed up beyond recognition.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

What is a dungeon? A miserable pile of secret doors.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The important part of a dungeon is that you get rewarded for killing its inhabitants, so it counts as a dungeon if

LG: you are the executioner
NG: you are a rat catcher
CG: its the Paris chapter of Deus Ex
LN: you are a member of the NYC-DOC
TN: you are sufficiently protestant
CN: the mascots are on strike and you're a pinkerton
LE: ok I'm stumped here
NE: you're a pathologist
CE: you REALLY need to get that present for your kid

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Thanlis posted:

Pedant alert: Walt Disney World. Walt didn’t realize how useful they’d be until he had some experience under his belt.

Hey, if you want to be an actual Disney pedant you have to point out that it’s just the Magic Kingdom and how it’s technically not underground, the entire park is just built on the roof. But yes, it’s got plenty of good examples of secret doors.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

hyphz posted:

Hey, if you want to be an actual Disney pedant you have to point out that it’s just the Magic Kingdom and how it’s technically not underground, the entire park is just built on the roof. But yes, it’s got plenty of good examples of secret doors.

LOL! I was literally holding myself back there, but the link does cover it.

I think Tomorrowland in Disneyland may have a couple of tunnels too, at that.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

theironjef posted:

What is a dungeon? A miserable pile of secret doors.

I want this to be the new subtitle of the Trad Games forum

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Antivehicular posted:

I want this to be the new subtitle of the Trad Games forum

gently caress yeah

Lambo Trillrissian
May 18, 2007

Youremother posted:

I used Disney as a dungeon for an insane child-loving (in a genuine way, not the creepy way) lich that was infested with rat-men the lich considered his sons. It was a really good adventure, I had Tomorrowland and the Animal Kingdom and all the classic Disney properties hosed up beyond recognition.

As a teenager I ran a haunted theme park dungeon for my friends, they had to fill out their rides and attractions stamp cards to leave. Everyone loved the rollercoaster setpiece fight with a beholder floating in the middle, but when I had them fight incorporeal undead clones of themselves in the Hall of Mirrors, instead of recognizing that was a bad idea and smashing the mirrors like I intended, they just... died. I was not a great GM at 14.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Sounds pretty good to me. There are worse Hall of mirrors encounters in published modules.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
should have let them die, told them they won, and they continue as the mirror party, deeply concerned about their reality

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Mister Olympus posted:

should have let them die, told them they won, and they continue as the mirror party, deeply concerned about their reality

:hmmyes: yeah, that's a good idea. Then just continue happily as per normal (meanwhile, the players are glancing at one another, very concerned about this turn of events!)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
One of the better Voyager episodes

Lambo Trillrissian
May 18, 2007

Mister Olympus posted:

drat!!

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

It's coming up with poo poo like that on the fly that makes a good GM. Never trust your players to do what you planned, and always be able to come up with a new idea!

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

Major Isoor posted:

:hmmyes: yeah, that's a good idea. Then just continue happily as per normal (meanwhile, the players are glancing at one another, very concerned about this turn of events!)

drat, I love that idea. Makes me think of Mirror Tulip/Lake from Infinity train.

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Yo tengo un par de ideas.
If you were a necromancer which one of these paladins would you be more afraid of?

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

First reaction would be to fear the guy on the right because the guy on the left looks like a fancy lad. But the fancy lad knows to actually carry a good bludgeon for the skeletons so he might be more dangerous just because he actually prepares better.

Also look at the right guy's hair and beard. Very well groomed. He too is just another fancy lad, except a bit older.

EDIT: But the real answer is to yell, "loving PALADINS" at either one and throw your chaff minions at them while running away, hopefully to arrange a more advantageous fight.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The one on the left is racist against skeletons; the one on the right definitely keeps a bunch of secret skeletons in the basement.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

trapstar posted:

If you were a necromancer which one of these paladins would you be more afraid of?

Well blondie there has a mace, so bashing damage vs skeletons isn't great. On the other hand, he looks like the young idealistic type, and he's dual-wielding like a dork, so he's probably a bit green and will be a bit easier to psych out. Like he looks cool now, but he's not gonna hold up well once he sees his crusade has more horror than glory.

Beardie, though? He's gotten into middle age in a job with a high mortality rate, and he has that kinda numb dead stare of someone who's seen some poo poo and isn't gonna crack under pressure. He knows that God alone will gain glory from his conquests, and he's cool with that.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Obviously the first one. He took all the goody-goody-boy radiant damage character options, you just know it. Second one looks more dark and edgy and seducible.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Put it another way: Blond guy is Roland, where he's hideously strong to the point of nigh-invincible and full of nobility and poo poo, but will break hard given the right lever. Guy has a cape for chrissake.

Beard guy is Charlemagne, where he is ostensibly a normal man but he will send a thousand good souls to their deaths if it kills one-thousand and one infidels and not feel THAT bad about it.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Well, see, there you go. When he sends me a thousand good souls, I'm going to turn them into a thousand good skeletons. That's why you can't just send an army of 0th level conscripts to liquidate the dungeon.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Second guy is probably a Paladin for one of those Death gods who has a real hate boner for Undead existing, he likely has some sort of magic that will awaken the souls animating your undead hordes, so you'll probably die being torn apart by a crowd of zombies screaming and crying about what you've done to them and what you've forced them to do, with your soul afterwards being dragged off to a particularly unpleasant Hell

So yeah I'd rather fight the first guy because if he does kill you he'll just be chopping your head off or crushing it with his mace and the odds are good he'll not be clever enough to get rid of the failsafes you have that will let you cheat death later on

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Guy on the left is a forgiving new testament kinda paladin. He'll take you prisoner and give you a chance for redemption.
Guy on the right is a fire and brimstone old testament kinda motherfucker who will skullfuck you with his sword.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

trapstar posted:

Ken Doll vs Bassist
Both scary for different reasons

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Ben Shapiro listener vs Joe Rogan listener
I'm on the side of the skeleton

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ominous Jazz posted:

lmao

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

trapstar posted:

Guy on the left giving me homelander vibes

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
If I ran a PBP of my Digimon inspired trpg, would anyone be interested?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AOw93tqR-2ddACfGXLeBpe8K2_0hRNaIMJnTcynwjeE/edit?usp=drivesdk

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

trapstar posted:

First one has a weird dual-wielding style and might cut my head off if he doesn't smash his own brains out first. Second is a Game of Thrones type that would absolutely be on my side the second I set him up with a claim to a throne, plus I'd get all the rear end in a top hat nerds in the audience rooting for my Magnificent Bastard Gambits and saying ironically-but-not-really that I did nothing wrong.

Necromancers are evil.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
the first paladin is going to get seduced

and boned

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

trapstar posted:

The one on the left is, I'm pretty sure, a low level numpty with dreams of glory - either that or a completely OP monster who is going to break hard at some point. Pristine armour, no rondels to guard his armpits (and thus it's not parade armour either), no armour over the backs of his thighs, dual wielding long weapons that don't especially compliment each other, and a cape - and cloth that somehow comes from under his armour by his arms? And the wrong sort of unflinching gaze; he's either going to fall or is already Homelander - or is going to grow up the hard way.

Guy on the right? That armour has seen some action - look at the scratches round the neck. He's obviously standing either vigil, ceremony, or for a portrait. He's also seen stuff. There are two issues he has depending on the setting; it looks likely he's either a mentor due to die in act one or corrupt.

trapstar
Jun 30, 2012

Yo tengo un par de ideas.
Haha! I love all these responses, very interesting takes!!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Covok posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AOw93tqR-2ddACfGXLeBpe8K2_0hRNaIMJnTcynwjeE/edit?usp=drivesdk

My life is not in a spot where I have any reliable availability but I would love to spectate this.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Ominous Jazz posted:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rick posted:

My life is not in a spot where I have any reliable availability but I would love to spectate this.

I would probably do like a Digital World trad adventure, where the group is sent. I'd probably have the main villian be a human who took over the Digital World and abuses his actual partner Digimon and tries to replace him with Arcadiamon, the villian from V-Tamer. And he'd have four generals who'd be fed to Arcadiamon as they are defeated. And I think we'd get either the Legendary Warriors or Royal Knights or Dark Masters involved. Maybe the Four Soverigns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

Covok posted:

this looks really neat and well through out, including doing relationship stuff. I was working on a digimon inspired game (using the FATE system) a long time ago, and I wanted to emulate the social dynamics in digimon, but never hgot super far with it. I'd be interested in following along, but can't join in.

Interestingly enough I'm going to be a player in a digimon inspired campagin using the Eideion rules, and I did a session 0 today. My character is a rockstar who tries too hard to be cool ("Johhnny", using the Virtuoso archtype) with a guitar mon.