Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Cat claimed it, dogs won't go near it out of fear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
dogs have no sense of taste or refinement, confirmed

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I don't want to hear that Costco.com is bad because I just bought a laptop and now I'm nervous. :ohdear:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

I don't want to hear that Costco.com is bad because I just bought a laptop and now I'm nervous. :ohdear:

I don’t think anyone said that.

If they did they are wrong.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Weembles posted:

All lard is pork lard. Lard is by definition rendered pig fat.

I know. Thing is, aunts used to bring shortening but they called it "manteca"
Just got used to specify cause otherwise that's what they'd get and its just not the same.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Is any of the packaged premade food at Costco any good? I’m not talking about the stuff made on site, a lot of that is decent. I just got burned by the phad Thai, it was totally bland. I’m too lazy to actually cook so in theory I’m the target market for these.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I really like the Indian stuff in the refrigerated section.

This brand has a few different options and they have all been good.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Enos Cabell posted:

That's probably the best variety of those, it's decent.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Enos Cabell posted:

Yeah I’ve had this and it’s imo pretty drat good for what it is. I’d definitely get it again.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Taima posted:

yooooo costco chanterelles

:vince:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Suhki brand was at the sample ladies cart and it was a free for all yesterday.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Enos Cabell posted:

They are solid quick meal options. I believe one of the flavors (curry?) is on sale right now.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I miss the simmer sauce containers without the protein in them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Enos Cabell posted:

I think I had that once and it was excellent, however I also think I was hesitant because of the calorie content. I can't remember if that was the one.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I think I'm going to take my 2 year old to Costco today.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I do not like that Costco Indian item

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Inspector 34 posted:

I think I'm going to take my 2 year old to Costco today.

Heartbreaking, they can’t even enjoy a ¼ POUND PLUS ALL BEEF HOT DOG AND 20 oz. SODA (With Refill).

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Virigoth posted:

Suhki brand was at the sample ladies cart and it was a free for all yesterday.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

They have issues, but it's still pretty decent overall. It doesn't look like there is a breakdown of online vs brick and mortar sales, but a couple of websites are estimating more than $10 billion in online sales. Clearly it's a popular place to shop despite the clunky interface.

Plus, I ordered diapers for my 4 month old and they sent two boxes but charged me for one, so it's ok in my book. Not as nice as Target though who billed me for 6 1-liter bottles of formula but shipped me 6 cases of formula instead.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Corb3t posted:

Costco is known to be really cheap on investing in eComm, and many think it's intentional because they want you to come into their stores and impulse buy other products.

Those people are wrong. They're constantly trying to get the store employees to push online. The company is just incompetent at online selling.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

I do not like that Costco

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

n8r posted:

Is any of the packaged premade food at Costco any good? I’m not talking about the stuff made on site, a lot of that is decent. I just got burned by the phad Thai, it was totally bland. I’m too lazy to actually cook so in theory I’m the target market for these.

I just made the prepackaged schnitzel and spaetzle (in separate containers) for dinner on Friday and it was pretty good. Even my kids liked it so I consider that a ringing endorsement.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Enos Cabell posted:

The Sukhi's chicken tikka and coconut curry taste pretty good to me. My wife thinks they are borderline too spicy, but she also orders a 1 star when we get Thai and that's sometimes too much for her.

The Sukhi's rice isn't worth it though, don't bother with it.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Corb3t posted:

I miss the simmer sauce containers without the protein in them.

:hmmyes:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Gravitee posted:

prepackaged schnitzel and spaetzle

I clearly need to shop more carefully.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

Those people are wrong. They're constantly trying to get the store employees to push online. The company is just incompetent at online selling.

They're doing that now, yes. But up until like 6 or 7 years ago they completely ignored their online store. As soon as they started promoting costco.com even a little bit, they immediately saw a 30% increase in online sales. Just another example of how Costco is behind the times with a lot of things and is slow to catch up.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Gravitee posted:

I just made the prepackaged schnitzel and spaetzle (in separate containers) for dinner on Friday and it was pretty good. Even my kids liked it so I consider that a ringing endorsement.

Just made both of those tonight and it was pretty good. They were clearing out the schnitzel in our store so it was only like $1.29/lb or something.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
those spicy gummy bears are pretty good

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jingleheimer posted:

They're doing that now, yes. But up until like 6 or 7 years ago they completely ignored their online store. As soon as they started promoting costco.com even a little bit, they immediately saw a 30% increase in online sales. Just another example of how Costco is behind the times with a lot of things and is slow to catch up.

That and the aging demographics of our stores are the two biggest challenges that they've targeted for the future. The problem of getting younger people in the store might actually be worse than the online issues.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Gaius Marius posted:

That and the aging demographics of our stores are the two biggest challenges that they've targeted for the future. The problem of getting younger people in the store might actually be worse than the online issues.

They need to do what Sam's club just did and have a sale with years membership for $15. Because otherwise it's a bit steep.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Have Pete Davidson do a cook off vs Bird With a Big Dick and you'll get all the youth to think you are hip and with it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That'll never happen. It lowers the value of the brand identity.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Virigoth posted:

Have Pete Davidson do a cook off vs Bird With a Big Dick and you'll get all the youth to think you are hip and with it.

I mean, on one station you’ll get Pete filling a Greenmade 27 Gallon Storage Bin with Ruffles, and on the other, BWBD will be serving what was once identifiable as salmon heads poached in Liquid IV.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I don't see the demographics of Costco as a problem. It's not a store meant for a 20 year old single person in a tiny apartment. It's a store you grow into as your needs evolve.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I know a family with a 11 year old and twin 9 year olds. The kids consume ridiculous amounts of food. The parents don't think they need a Costco membership and are content buying bulk at Fred Meyer and Whole Foods.
They're insane.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

This is certainly one way to sell single barrel whiskey.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Gimmick. Now the 55 gallon drum of olive oil, that's the real poo poo.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Beachcomber posted:

They need to do what Sam's club just did and have a sale with years membership for $15. Because otherwise it's a bit steep.

They do this like every September on Groupon and others. They are literally doing it right now on whatever StackSocial is; $60 bucks for a Gold Star membership and a $40 gift card: https://www.stacksocial.com/sales/costco-1-year-gold-star-membership-a-40-digital-costco-shop-card

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Gimmick. Now the 55 gallon drum of olive oil, that's the real poo poo.

Not a gimmick but that is a terrible price for a barrel of JD, especially because it's not the original aging barrel and you don't get to pick your own barrel in a tasting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Soul Dentist posted:

Not a gimmick but that is a terrible price for a barrel of JD, especially because it's not the original aging barrel and you don't get to pick your own barrel in a tasting

But it's clearly the barrel!