Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

sorry colts fans this is the Levis Stroud division (best jeans pun I could do to include CJ)

The division only belongs to the young QBs. Levis is the old rear end man of the bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

EvilBeard posted:

The division only belongs to the young QBs. Levis is the old rear end man of the bunch.

Whose QB had to get season-ending surgery from a routine tackle again

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Loving the youth of the AFCS QBs. Levis/Stroud is going to be a great rivalry. Richardson looks good the 2.5 games a season he's healthy enough to play. Trevor Bust is also there.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
After making GBS threads all over this QB class, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it'd be. Stroud is legit, Bryce is weird but isn't completely dissimilar to Kyler Murray, Levis seems fine, and even AR, while raw, has Cam Newton light vibes. It's not an awful gaggle.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
NGL, I would be legit bummed if Titans had ended up with Bryce or AR. I do not see those dudes as making it to second contracts with their teams.

Stroud seems totally fine from what I've seen tho.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Stroud has been mostly excellent but sometimes he's a little too confident in his ability to fit it in a tight window and he has a tendency to hold the ball too long when the pocket is collapsing. The offensive line being ravaged by injury hasn't help but I won't get any Titan fan sympathy for that one

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Soul Glo posted:

NGL, I would be legit bummed if Titans had ended up with Bryce or AR. I do not see those dudes as making it to second contracts with their teams.

Stroud seems totally fine from what I've seen tho.
Bryce Young is basically in the same position as a quarterback as Tua was, and as QBs like Drew Brees were before him: he has the talent and arm-skill to be a top 10 QB, but only if they build a decent offensive line around him. Without it you're looking at a Tua's brain getting scrambled 2022 or a David Carr situation.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

Whose QB had to get season-ending surgery from a routine tackle again

If he comes back next season and is fine, he's still 3 years younger than Levis/Trevor Bust. Stafford had the same injury, and his arm was fine afterwards. Hoping it's just fluke injury luck and he is NFL healthy for next season.

Either way, it's all in good fun. The AFC South should be nothing if not entertaining for the next few years. Assuming the Tits don't poo poo the bed and do something stupid like bench Levis, or try to become a 1993 offense and run 40 times a game, young QBs with big arms are everywhere.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 4, 2023

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

BIG JEFF

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Yes brother. It is true

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Richardson was playing really well, especially with everyone saying how raw he was. But he looked like he belonged and each game he was getting better.

I hope his career isn't derailed by injuries because there aren't many players like him at all. Unfortunately it wouldn't be the first Colts QB who had injuries take away their promising career.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I will accept Billy Jeans or Old Man Bill

Bust forever belongs to Trevor even if he eclipses Brady's superbowls

Houston can have super cj or whatever and just another broken rear end colts qb

Thank you for attending my ted talk, big jeff

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I feel like I'm watching BOB again watching the Texans run on first down for no gain every time

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

I feel like I'm watching BOB again watching the Texans run on first down for no gain every time

It looks like the bucs found something on film

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

texans having to use a backup RB as their kicker for the rest of the game it sounds like

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Metapod posted:

It looks like the bucs found something on film

Vita Vea? The Bucs are good against the run because he's a HOUSE.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Stroud might go for 500+

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

RB field goal made lol

e:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1721269246196326595

Intruder fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 5, 2023

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

let's go Bucs!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans late defense has been absolutely god awful this season

Three losses in a row off of last minute drives

They had the Buccs in 3rd and 23 lol

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

The Texans late defense has been absolutely god awful this season

Three losses in a row off of last minute drives

They had the Buccs in 3rd and 23 lol

They got a fumble, it just happened to take a bad bounce. They're young and in games.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

They got a fumble, it just happened to take a bad bounce. They're young and in games.

The fumble was terrible luck but you can't give up 3rd and 23

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Wow CJ Stroud

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I shouldn't have doubted CJ Stroud

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Super CJ

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

30/42, 470 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT

CJ motherfucking Stroud

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Nfc is horrible

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Intruder posted:

CJ motherfucking Stroud

Madden stats

Zero defense lol

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

CJ motherfucking Stroud

he's good

Mega64
May 23, 2008

CJ Stroud is the truth. Very few QBs could run a TD drive like that in under a minute, let alone a rookie.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mega64 posted:

CJ Stroud is the truth. Very few QBs could run a TD drive like that in under a minute, let alone a rookie.

It got off to such a bad start too. Burned both timeouts to gain like 20 yards

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Folks I think the Texans have a quarterback.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Stroud was awesome, but don't overlook that Tank Dell cooked dudes all game. He should get some credit too.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

EvilBeard posted:

Stroud was awesome, but don't overlook that Tank Dell cooked dudes all game. He should get some credit too.

Honestly?

He reminds me a ton of TY Hilton.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Want to troll the Jags fans with whispers of, "they're coming for you," but honestly, just a kick-rear end game winning drive, got to respect it. Stroud's loving legit, gotta hand it to him the same way I did Luck before he died.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/BiasedHouston/status/1721277152820068767

Cool view of the game winning TD from the stands

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

JT Jag posted:

let's go Bucs!!
gently caress the bucs

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Stroud seems like a cool guy. I'm glad that test was pretty much BS.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It’s especially damning because his football IQ is actually really loving good. Look at how fast he is at processing through his reads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Kirios posted:

It’s especially damning because his football IQ is actually really loving good. Look at how fast he is at processing through his reads.
Yeah, Stroud doesn't have perfect athletic tools as a quarterback but god drat is he good at reading the field