Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I'm assuming the black was just a vinyl wrap based on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
Just a couple of microns off!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I guess it's too early for car and driver, motor trend etc to do comparos between the cyber cuck and f150, Chevy, dodge 1500s etc..

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
First double post in possibly ever...

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 5, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

wesleywillis posted:

I guess it's too early for car and driver, motor trend etc to do comparos between the cyber cuck and f150, Chevy, dodge 1500s etc..
Don't they typically get pre-production vehicles for reviews?

wesleywillis posted:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Collateral Damage posted:

Still looks like poo poo.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

you can’t polish vinyl wrap a turd

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

mobby_6kl posted:

Almost. Car companies usually will pull a production test car (Ie the ones you put down the line to make sure everythign is working) and then give them a "tune up" which may or may not include suspension changes, different ECU maps, different accessories etc. Some car companies (Ferrari are very well known for this) will go to some pretty extensive lengths to make a ringer that is noticably better to being almost essentially a different car

Thats why a rare minority of car journalists will not do reviews on press cars and they use rentals or or sources like a dealership.

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

Matt Farah editor of Road and track had this to say about the cybertruck at C&C.

https://vxtwitter.com/TheSmokingTire/status/1721217658346250244

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'm loving all the dipshits in the replies screeching "BUT PRE PRODUCTION".

This is what qualified as a pre-production vehicle 30 years ago. The paint is poo poo, the panel gaps are laughable, and the headlights aren't even complete. It was literally slapped together by a bunch of Mopar guys as fast as possible when they realized that having a Mitsubishi 3000GT Dodge Stealth pace the Indy 500 was going to be a PR nightmare. They trusted it so little that they sent a spare car and a spare drivetrain in case either had problems, and they still had the fleet of Stealths ready to go just in case.

That Viper is still better put together than any of the Cybertruck "release candidates".

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
How Chevrolet shipped it's worst 70s cars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL1SENDaxBM

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

The paint is poo poo, the panel gaps are laughable, and the headlights aren't even complete. It was literally slapped together by a bunch of Mopar guys as fast as possible

That, uhh.... kinda describes the production vipers too.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm loving all the dipshits in the replies screeching "BUT PRE PRODUCTION".
No, see, Elon said he knows more about production lines than anyone else in the history of earth.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Powershift posted:

That, uhh.... kinda describes the production vipers too.

You're not wrong.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
One of the most atrocious things I've ever seen

https://www.mecum.com/lots/1102895/2024-chevrolet-trax-bandit-outlaw-edition/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

(i actually love this aztek, though)

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Wrong thread on this one too

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

JudgeJoeBrown posted:

Matt Farah editor of Road and track had this to say about the cybertruck at C&C.

https://vxtwitter.com/TheSmokingTire/status/1721217658346250244

Matt Farah posted:

Tesla could probably learn from 80's Ferrari build quality anyway.

:drat:

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Nidhg00670000 posted:

BMW has been dumb enough to do this continuously for 15 years now, so...

Isn't the thing with BMWs that they are incredibly easy to pop the hood open on without being inside the car and that's why it's so easy to steal the headlights?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Enos Cabell posted:

Hey Snowman, what's your 20?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y06jf_pdyPc

:stare:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Hey, that's my local yard. Haven't been in quite a while. They spent about a year overhauling their website a while back and it sucks now.

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down

Turns out they were no longer thirsty in Atlanta

Gomi Day posted:

Those wheels are great

Enos Cabell posted:

That’s better

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Enos Cabell posted:

:hmmyes:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Hadlock posted:

Looks ok in black, I guess

Maybe unpainted silver ones will only be available for preorder customers

No it doesn't. It just has fewer fingerprints and smudges.
I've seen kit cars put together better.

Gomi Day posted:

That's WAY better than that... Blazer?
If nothing else, it's actually a Pontiac, but also: effort. Lowering, different wheels, flares...

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Snowflake wheels. Priceless.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Proof that flares + wheels + lowering is virtually error proof.

And before the hellaflush nonsense, I said VIRTUALLY

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Modern cars are terrible

https://twitter.com/trent_dan/status/1721477460355620976?t=o6jgQ4FlH7zGxWXWJGlslQ&s=19

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

That Aztec is pretty drat awesome aside from the hood graphic.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

My 2024 S60 has all the external light controls on the turn signal stalk. Why the hell did they do that to the EX30?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

My 2024 S60 has all the external light controls on the turn signal stalk. Why the hell did they do that to the EX30?

You'd rather they spent like $5 on a piece of plastic and some wire???

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Uthor posted:

You'd rather they spent like $5 on a piece of plastic and some wire???

They could recoup the cost by ditching the touch screen :colbert:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

freelop posted:

They could recoup the cost by ditching the touch screen :colbert:

You would have to pry the screen away from most consumers' cold, dead hands. I still don't like the infotainment center, but I'm definitely warming up to dashboard screens

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Chris Knight posted:

No, see, Elon said he knows more about production lines than anyone else in the history of earth.

Reminds me of the guy who went to an open day at the Tesla factory in Texas and went on twitter (as it then was) to post videos of Model Ys being built and was going "Guys, it was amazing! They had robots putting the cars together and parts moving around on automatic trolleys and there were only like a few hundred people on this automated assembly line! Elon is a genius :swoon:"

And the videos were just of an entirely normal car factory, except there was RGB lighting and Tesla logos being swoop-projected onto the floor.

I dunno how this person thought cars had been built for the past 40-odd years. Maybe they read about how Tesla had to solve the problem of painting cars by hand in a tent and thought that this was an industry-wide problem rather than a Tesla one caused by Elon's push to increase capacity without investing in facilities?

But it really drove home how blissfully, credulously ignorant many of the Musk fans are. They're not even tech-heads and stemlords...they want to be tech-heads and stemlords.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

They got rid of the wiper stalk to make way for the gear selector and combined the wiper controls with the turn signal stalk so there was no room left. You might be wondering, well, why don’t they just go back to having the controls on the lefthand side of the dash like older Volvos and the answer is that costs multiple cents more than copying Tesla and putting everything in the stupid loving tablet

The combi-stalk also is missing a single wipe functionality so if you need to quickly clear your windshield you need to turn the wipers on and off. I suppose if the rain sensing works right it should mostly be an edge case annoyance but still, you’re really telling me Volvo can’t design a combination stalk that does that?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
It's a dumb place to cut costs - even the cheapest Chinese EVs that are starting to hit western markets have stalks and a gauge cluster (or at least a screen pretending to be one)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Can we stop pretending autonomous vehicles are going to be a thing now? And can we stop pretending anyone with a product to sell isn't lying through their teeth?

https://twitter.com/bcmerchant/status/1721673596807073978?t=HNBP5jQ7Mde-egwdItWaZw&s=19

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Can we stop pretending autonomous vehicles are going to be a thing now? And can we stop pretending anyone with a product to sell isn't lying through their teeth?

Until the minute it stops making the shareholders richer it won't stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Olympic Mathlete posted:

https://twitter.com/bcmerchant/status/1721673596807073978?t=HNBP5jQ7Mde-egwdItWaZw&s=19

What was he referring to?

I vaguely saw a report that revealed Cruise was not autonomous at all?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/cruise-confirms-robotaxis-rely-on-human-assistance-every-four-to-five-miles/ar-AA1juJmY

Edit :Found a better source

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 8, 2023