Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

JT Jag posted:

Yeah, Stroud doesn't have perfect athletic tools as a quarterback but god drat is he good at reading the field

He's incredibly accurate. Accurate QBs always have a chance to be successful. His arm isn't bad, it's just not elite. He doesn't have poor physical tools, he just has no elite tools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I feel bad for the Panthers. Imagine having 4 choices for rookie QB, trading up to 1, and picking wrong.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

This whips rear end

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

EvilBeard posted:

I feel bad for the Panthers. Imagine having 4 choices for rookie QB, trading up to 1, and picking wrong.

It was nice of the Panthers to leave all the good QBs for the AFC South.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Can’t believe the Panthers passed on Stroud, what a fumble lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

EvilBeard posted:

i don't, it's extremely funny

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Would stroud be good on the 2023 Panthers is the real question.

I think he dodged a bullet there

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

This whips rear end

Agreed

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

I don't think young is terrible, but good lord, the Panthers O line is doing that kid zero favors

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I think Stroud would be just OK if the Panthers took him, but the reverse might also be true for Young on the Texans.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't think any QB succeeds in Carolina. But it sure seems like Stroud is better.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't think any QB succeeds in Carolina. But it sure seems like Stroud is better.

No doubt

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

This is going to sound lame but I'm glad I have a share of Stroud in a dynasty fantasy football league so I have a reason to root for a fun player that happens to be a division rival.

EvilBeard posted:

His arm isn't bad, it's just not elite. He doesn't have poor physical tools, he just has no elite tools.
lol
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1708571444911763907

30 air yards and the ball is placed perfectly in the WRs hands for a catch and run.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Tbh it rules that the AFCS is better than the NFCS.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

hell yeah, the AFC south isn't the worst this year!

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This is going to sound lame but I'm glad I have a share of Stroud in a dynasty fantasy football league so I have a reason to root for a fun player that happens to be a division rival.

lol
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1708571444911763907

30 air yards and the ball is placed perfectly in the WRs hands for a catch and run.

His arm is better than your reading.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

EvilBeard posted:

His arm is better than your reading.
So his arm is elite, got it! Because that was definitely not me saying you're wrong about his arm not being elite. Uh huh, yeah.

edit: like yeah I could have been more clear when I posted the tweet but come on, I was not making a personal attack and that was not necessary.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Nov 6, 2023

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't think his arm is elite. Those are the guys who can flick it like 60 yards downfield easy. Stroud doesn't have that kind of arm.

Not that you need it. Peyton only ever had an average arm. All that matters is that you get the ball where it needs to be in time.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

I don't think his arm is elite. Those are the guys who can flick it like 60 yards downfield easy. Stroud doesn't have that kind of arm.

Not that you need it. Peyton only ever had an average arm. All that matters is that you get the ball where it needs to be in time.

This is my exact point. He doesn't have a Herbert/Mahomes/Allen or hell, even Richardson or Levis type arm. Is his arm good enough to make every NFL throw? Absolutely. He's just not elite in any physical tool. He's no noodle arm like Minshew. He's not the biggest, fastest, or can throw the ball the farthest.

Which is why you get dumb NFL scouts being like "BUT HIS S2 SCORE!!!" instead of looking to whether he can run an offense and make every throw. If he had Levis' arm, he'd have been 1-1 and it wouldn't have been close. The really modern NFL draft guys I follow felt he had the safest path to being a good NFL quarterback. In my hopes for the Colts draft, it was that the Texans loved Young, wouldn't draft Richardson or Stroud (plus there was the whole agent talk pre-draft), and the Colts would get Stroud. My hopes as a Colts fan came down to Stroud -> Richardson -> Young -> Levis. I'm happy that the AFC South got stacked with Young talented QBs. It's going to be a fun, fun stretch here in the future.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 6, 2023

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/BiasedHouston/status/1721277152820068767

Cool view of the game winning TD from the stands

see if Levis was the guy for the Titans, this is the type of throw he makes against the Steelers and wins the game. but we got what we got. unfortunate

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Demon Of The Fall posted:

see if Levis was the guy for the Titans, this is the type of throw he makes against the Steelers and wins the game. but we got what we got. unfortunate

Yeah Football Eeyore here is right, throw billy jeans INTO THE GARBAGE

a guy making his second NFL start in six calendar days threw an INT when everyone in the stadium knew he was throwing into the endzone, stick a fork in em, hes outta here

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Stick to the vols dipshit. Billy Jeans

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

EvilBeard posted:

I'm happy that the AFC South got stacked with Young talented QBs. It's going to be a fun, fun stretch here in the future.

I think you might need to tap the brakes on this declaration for the entire AFC South.

Way too early to throw dirt on *quick visit to Google translator* Guillermo Vaqueros, but Anthony Richardson has a powerful debuff on him that has yet to be dispelled: former Gators starting QB.

"Recent Gator starting QBs that reached the NFL" is a powerfully shameful list. Danny Wuerffel. Jesse Palmer. Tim Tebow. Doug Johnson. Jeff Driskel. Kyle Trask. The high watermark of a Gators QB that actually started some games to this point is, I think, Rex Grossman.

I'm saying don't thumb your nose at the football gods while your QB is busy missing most of his rookie season on IR.

Trevor bust. (division-leading)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's pretty damning that if you were do to the draft today Bryce would go after Levis, Richardson and Stroud. They've all shown more than Bryce has so far this year.

*high fives fellow AFC South posters who draft good QBs*

...no, not you Jags fans.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Major Operation posted:

I think you might need to tap the brakes on this declaration for the entire AFC South.

Way too early to throw dirt on *quick visit to Google translator* Guillermo Vaqueros, but Anthony Richardson has a powerful debuff on him that has yet to be dispelled: former Gators starting QB.

"Recent Gator starting QBs that reached the NFL" is a powerfully shameful list. Danny Wuerffel. Jesse Palmer. Tim Tebow. Doug Johnson. Jeff Driskel. Kyle Trask. The high watermark of a Gators QB that actually started some games to this point is, I think, Rex Grossman.

I'm saying don't thumb your nose at the football gods while your QB is busy missing most of his rookie season on IR.

Trevor bust. (division-leading)

I like this post. CJ Stroud good? OSU QB curse moves on.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/PaulKuharskyNFL/status/1721565274778837452

Oof. I hope this doesn't mean more Andre Dillard.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Mega64 posted:

https://twitter.com/PaulKuharskyNFL/status/1721565274778837452

Oof. I hope this doesn't mean more Andre Dillard.

Who else would you have them play?

Someone go shove 25 pounds of protein powder down Taylor Lewan’s gullet and shove him into a jersey

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Soul Glo posted:

Someone go shove 25 pounds of protein powder down Taylor Lewan’s gullet and shove him into a jersey

From reading this thread, I've come to believe there is a large gentleman on the Titans who would have no need of protein powder, shakes or bars

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Black Lighter posted:

From reading this thread, I've come to believe there is a large gentleman on the Titans who would have no need of protein powder, shakes or bars

Big Jeff already plays offense in wildcatKing Cat, we still need someone else!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Soul Glo posted:

Yeah Football Eeyore here is right, throw billy jeans INTO THE GARBAGE

a guy making his second NFL start in six calendar days threw an INT when everyone in the stadium knew he was throwing into the endzone, stick a fork in em, hes outta here

also that was some awfully soft coverage from the buccs considering they knew the ball had to go to the end zone

Wasn't this a thing with Luck? Peyton watching Luck and someone saying the ball doesn't get there that fast and Peyton saying "But it gets there"

Or am I mixing someone else up

Intruder fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 6, 2023

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

Radunz apparently did a decent job filling in for NPT on RT against the Steelers. If he can be an even passable LT we might have a non-garbage enough OL to not get Levis (or Tanny lol) killed for the rest of the season.

Of course I'm hoping we trade up for a LT in the draft.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Big Jeff

Mega64
May 23, 2008

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

also that was some awfully soft coverage from the buccs considering they knew the ball had to go to the end zone

Wasn't this a thing with Luck? Peyton watching Luck and someone saying the ball doesn't get there that fast and Peyton saying "But it gets there"

Or am I mixing someone else up

There was talk going into the draft that Luck didn't have a cannon and therefor RGIII was the better prospect, but I think it was a lot of NFL media chatter and not so much NFL scout talk.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Luck had a really strong arm. It was probably Rivers if it was any recent Colts QB. His ball didn't have much zip in his last year, but he always got it where it needed to be.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

EvilBeard posted:

Then the Texans get theirs along with a top tier defensive lineman with the next two picks

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
One of the fun things with Stroud is he only has one pick so far and it was fumbled back to the Texans on the return for a net yardage gain

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
My new sleep paralysis demon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

wow Femme Peyton is hot!!!