Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

dialhforhero posted:

Yes I know. And a triplet is evenly spaced, wbich breaks the meter. That’s why I suggested you meant two sixteenth notes and an eighth note, which combine and make a rhythm similar to the word “elephant”, with the front of the word being spoken quicker.

Ban this sick filth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Biplane posted:

Ban this sick filth

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Biplane posted:

Ban this sick filth

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Biplane posted:

Ban this sick fifth

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Biplane posted:

Ban this sick filth

you'll probably get banned first

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Biplane posted:

Flam this sick drum fill

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

you'll probably get banned first

Then I'll see you in hell

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Biplane posted:

not if I see you first

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!
The way triplets are notated is rear end-backwards. you don't need to write a little 3. I can see there are three notes. Write a 2

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Biplane posted:

TELL THEM WHO SENT U

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/bolton69420/status/1720963987980902757?s=20

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Biplane posted:

Ban this sick filth

This doesn't work for it at all

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Inceltown posted:

This doesn't work for it at all

yeah you wind up having to editorialize a bit and it's kind of a stretch

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

OP is a circle of fifths

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Powered Descent posted:

OP is a circle of fifths

weird euphemism for a punch

"i'll give you a circle of fifths!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Very dumb that Musk has added an AI to Twitter that he says it is modeled after the titular Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy except he named it "grok" which is from a completely different sci-fi novel.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Well he hasn't added it yet. Probably because it doesn't actually exist.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

muscles like this! posted:

Very dumb that Musk has added an AI to Twitter that he says it is modeled after the titular Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy except he named it "grok" which is from a completely different sci-fi novel.
Just like the one Bladerunner used on the USS Startrek!

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

The only people I’ve ever heard use grok are 50+ year old IT professionals. They have all either failed to reproduce or will die of heart disease cancer in the next two decades, who will buy Musk’s product after that?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I heard baby grok was the new drip king.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

OwlFancier posted:

I heard baby grok was the new drip king.

Nah, he got all rizzed up

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Every Elon post makes me feel like Marvin so I guess this is appropriate

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Waste of Breath posted:

yeah you wind up having to editorialize a bit and it's kind of a stretch

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

space uncle posted:

The only people I’ve ever heard use grok are 50+ year old IT professionals. They have all either failed to reproduce or will die of heart disease cancer in the next two decades, who will buy Musk’s product after that?

Stranger In A Strange Land is a perfect slice of hosed up 60s Sci-Fi. One of the protagonists starts a cannibal sex cult. This is explained as a good thing.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Stranger In A Strange Land is a perfect slice of hosed up 60s Sci-Fi. One of the protagonists starts a cannibal sex cult. This is explained as a good thing.

What you think it isn't? Hey everyone, lookit this prude over here.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Is it really a sex cult if you’re not stuffing people’s meat in your mouth?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Bama on that “what the gently caress yo Denny’s?” poo poo: https://twitter.com/wieldedsteel/status/1721016148798439441

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The hitchhiker's guide already exists though; it's called Wikipedia. :shrug:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
https://h2g2.com/

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

big mean giraffe posted:

A triplet is a musical thing not just three syllables. It's 3 notes jammed into the space of two

sebmojo posted:

You can have triplets of any length, it's just three in the space of two

I'll be honest, this is still breaking my brain that this was said with such confidence.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Warbird posted:

Bama on that “what the gently caress yo Denny’s?” poo poo: https://twitter.com/wieldedsteel/status/1721016148798439441

That Denny's is an El Pollo Loco now.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

syntaxfunction posted:

I'll be honest, this is still breaking my brain that this was said with such confidence.

Just wait until you find out about the 6/8 time signature.

What if waltz BUT FAST*

* Fast is optional.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Okay but what if someone, somehow added triplets to 6/8 or 3/4??? THAT AIN'T NATURAL

I'm very aware of time signatures and tuplets, the statement that triplets take up "the space of two notes" is the part that hurts. Tuplets are just a subdivision of any note, whether you have duplets in the length of an eighth note, triplets in a quarter or sextuplets in a whole note. Nothing about triplets make it "take up the space of two notes" unless you're just assuming every triplet is like, always in the space of a quarter note and everything else is in eighths or something. I HATE MUSIC.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
What the gently caress are you even on about man?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Dameius posted:

That Denny's is an El Pollo Loco now.

Oooooo upgrade!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I didn't know duplets were a thing until that post, and I went to look them up and saw a piece of music written in 6/8 with duplets and quadruplets??? gently caress out of here with that leave 6/8 alone :mad:

https://twitter.com/nueded/status/1488619364534398978?s=20

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

the holy poopacy posted:

What the gently caress are you even on about man?

Music was made by the Devil to distract mankind from obtaining purity of mind.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

syntaxfunction posted:

Okay but what if someone, somehow added triplets to 6/8 or 3/4??? THAT AIN'T NATURAL

I'm very aware of time signatures and tuplets, the statement that triplets take up "the space of two notes" is the part that hurts. Tuplets are just a subdivision of any note, whether you have duplets in the length of an eighth note, triplets in a quarter or sextuplets in a whole note. Nothing about triplets make it "take up the space of two notes" unless you're just assuming every triplet is like, always in the space of a quarter note and everything else is in eighths or something. I HATE MUSIC.

Jesse what the hell are you talking about

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Clearly what we need is an unambiguous binary musical notation which covers all use cases. Perhaps an AI could design it for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

syntaxfunction posted:

THAT AIN'T ♮

that's correct, that's a totally diff thing.