Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I noticed a new thing in the league pass player that is super annoying. The toolbar expands when you mouse over it. So if you want to mute during a stop in action it initially looks like this

Then when you mouse to the speaker icon it expands to give volume control and the speaker icon moves.

Overall happy with the state of league pass this year but this is annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Is he owed like 100 more now?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

owned

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Williams and Lively were just great additions to the Mavs.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Wembenyama basically sealed up the ROY 'race' in 2 games against the Suns and the Raptors. the dude is a loving menace. Le frawgness is absolutely off the charts.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

He’s no Dereck Lively

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Ammanas posted:

Wembenyama basically sealed up the ROY 'race' in 2 games against the Suns and the Raptors. the dude is a loving menace. Le frawgness is absolutely off the charts.

It's him vs Minimum Games Played at this point rather than another player.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This is the most cathartic Natural Basketball Motion I think I've ever seen

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

xbilkis posted:

In retrospect it's even weirder that this year's City Edition jerseys are plagued by a rash of zero-effort grey designs when teams knew they'd be paired with these insane nightmare courts. If you can't have good design you can at least go for the Most design

Nike does not care

All their designs look like they were made by the laziest guy

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

at last the hunter becomes the hunted

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Athanatos posted:

It's him vs Minimum Games Played at this point rather than another player.

ROY doesn't require a minimum but if he misses a bunch of time it'll hurt in the voting.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Sunday nights can be anxiety inducing, but not tonight.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Congratulations to the Memphis Grizzlies for winning a basketball game.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Is he owed like 100 more now?
Just give him some space and give him some time.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

kingcobweb posted:

woah

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

in julius randle talk I knew he was bad so far but momma mia
https://twitter.com/KnicksMuse/status/1721304883737886914

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Sure, but remember what "Woody Sauldsberry" turned around and did? Asking for a friend.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Lifespan posted:

Sure, but remember what "Woody Sauldsberry" turned around and did? Asking for a friend.

quote:

An article by Dan Klores alleges that when Sauldsberry died, "he was broke, alone and on the verge of losing his left leg to diabetes, which took his right."

(he was an all-star in 1959)

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Honestly felt like flashing back to Kawhi on the raptors, incredible performance.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

kingcobweb posted:

Congratulations to the Portland Trailblazers for somehow being worse than a team starting Bismack Biyombo at center in 2023.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Biz rules

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Pacers selling out on 3 point defense leaving the lane completely open all season:

https://twitter.com/C2_Cooper/status/1721541824387407991

Wemby comes to town tonight, lock in them Wemby 40+ points in the paint bets now.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Athanatos posted:

Pacers selling out on 3 point defense leaving the lane completely open all season:

https://twitter.com/C2_Cooper/status/1721541824387407991

Wemby comes to town tonight, lock in them Wemby 40+ points in the paint bets now.

how much is that because the celtics scored like 120 points in the paint or something stupid like that

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
This is very frustrating and also very obvious to anyone watching the team: https://intheno.substack.com/p/week-2-recap-its-difficult-to-keep

quote:

We all know the starters are taking less threes, but to rebound worse and get to the line less than units featuring a rookie and a two-way contract - that is a strong indictment of things going wrong. This fact hasn’t gone unnoticed by the coaching staff either.

When I brought up the pace and movement the second unit has played with, Green let loose a smile of acknowledgment. “They are just playing basketball the way we teach it,” responded Green. “ (They’re) not holding the ball, they’re playing with a point five mentality, they’re competing. Our first unit has times where they do it, but collectively we all have to do it every time we step on the floor. Even when you miss some shots. Even when you don’t get stops - get your offense up the floor and get moving, play the right way. For the most part we’re doing it but we’re having some lapses in that third quarter.”

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

hifi posted:

The in season tournament takes place every friday? who cares about this...
yeah it's a weird implementation. It already started like 3 games into the season?! But also now it's on pause for a week? What the hell.

I guess "Tuesday and Friday night games are special!" is something you can remember though.

Traxis posted:

When they first brought it up I thought the tournament was going to be like a 1 week thing at a neutral site, not just regular games given arbitrary tourny status. Pretty lame.
It'll feel more like a thing once they get to the knockout phase I reckon

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

fart simpson posted:

how much is that because the celtics scored like 120 points in the paint or something stupid like that

That was the "best" the Pacers did in the paint! (Because the Celtics shot 57% from 3 on 35 shots)

Pacers Opponents Points in the Paint:
Wizards - 68
Cavs - 58
Bulls - 54
Cavs - 62
Celtics - 52
Hornets -74

They just have nobody who can stop ball and coaches have learned you better pull Myles Turner WAY out so he cant destroy you help side, so it's just layup lines the entire game.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Sometimes you are the dominaytonor and sometimes you are just dominaytoned.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Had a nightmare that ayton scored 53 against the suns and I had to autobahn to avoid the shame. Down bad. Good thing that will not actually happen

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Had a nightmare that ayton scored 53 against the suns and I had to autobahn to avoid the shame. Down bad. Good thing that will not actually happen

just gonna bookmark this post for potential hilarity

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I mean I’m definitely planning on feverishly assessing my own posts for any cold takes. I feel you

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

lol

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

The refs should give the warriors the ball at the start of the game and just let 1 opposing player hit draymond once at half court instead of a jump ball.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Papes posted:

The refs should give the warriors the ball at the start of the game and just let 1 opposing player hit draymond once at half court instead of a jump ball.

Only if in the post game press conference the opposing players all talk about physics and launch angles, refusing to admit any wrongdoing.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Definitely a prophetic dream

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Death By The Blues posted:

Honestly felt like flashing back to Kawhi on the raptors, incredible performance.

It fuckin rocked

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Still laughing at how dumb that Heat Culture court is

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

man ayton pooed his pants and went 3/9 just from suns legend bizmack being in the same building, he is far too shook to have a revenge game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Lol. At this rate I’m expecting jock landale to poster him